Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Time to get serious?

Nach unten 
+3
Northern Elites
Fitzsy Stars
Desolation Row
7 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Time to get serious? Empty
BeitragThema: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty21.11.11 18:25

As many of you might have noticed, we have had two GMs that have been essentially invisible thus far this season. For whatever reason, Richard and Christine have been unable or unwilling to provide any sort of presence for us thus far this season. The last that Christine logged onto our forum was October 21st and the last that Richard logged on was November 13th. They have not managed to set their roster accordingly each week and as far as any type of interaction with the league there has been none.

Matt sent out a feeler more than a month ago, but their behaviour did not change or improve in any way. I followed that up with two very stern emails which I sent on November 8th. They have, thus far, been left unanswered. I sent these emails both via our forum as well as to their email address. I know that Richard has at the minimum opened my PM that I sent him via the forum and for whatever reason he has not been able to find time to get back to me.

Baffling. I have always enjoyed dealing with Richard. In fact, he has always been one of my favourite GMs. That said, for whatever reason, he has not been able to deliver this season and has not been able to provide an explanation for his behaviour.

The long and the short of it is that these two 'phantom' GMs, as likeable as they might be, are not fulfilling their duties as members of this fine league. We have given them ample time to provide us with some sort of explanation and they have simply not responded.

As nasty as it sounds, I think that it is perhaps time to consider replacing them with two GMs who will give us the Pep and Pop that we require in our fine league. We have two such GMs waiting in the wings. Before we take such drastic measures, however, we wanted to give everyone an opportunity to have their say.

How should we best proceed?

G

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 21.11.11 19:01 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty21.11.11 18:33

I have been somewhat leery about taking any sort of drastic measures, as Richard has been an integral member of this league from Day One.

However, I tend to agree with Greg that something has to be done. It ruins the fun for everybody if one or more GMs are basically MIA for a good part of the season, and the fact that our messages have gone unanswered for the most part, seems to suggest that this might continue.

As difficult as it may be, I think we should look at all options before jumping forward with a concrete plan. I am unaware of the GMs Greg is talking about, but again, I'd like to get feedback from as many GMs as possible before we decide on replacements. What we would like to avoid is exchanging two uninvolved GMs for two other GMs that are equally uninvolved, even if they happen to be friends of other league members.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 10:11

I think you guys said it right.

As tough as it may be as Richard has been an original member since this league has been set up, I would think he knows what other GMs expect from him.
I think before he was on Nov 13 he hadn't been on for about a month before that.
So to be on twice in the last 2 months makes it very hard to message him or seek trades from him. Christine just started with us, and really hasn't been active at all.

There is nothing worse then going up against another GM in a weekly battle and there line-up isn't even set, or you basically talk to your self all week in the matchup (Greg i think you know that feeling lol)

I have no problem with either of them staying as GMs if they can be active from here on out. If not i would have to say that i think we should maybe look into the idea of getting 2 new GM's who will be active and participating.

This league isn't all about the 1st place and winning money. I would rather finish dead last and have an active fun participating league then finish 1st and be the only guy playing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 12:18

I think that maybe life has become too involved for either of them to partake, even at the bare minimum. I think that it is atrocious that neither one of them has contacted either Greg or Matt to explain their absences. I know that Richard has been involved since day one, but he should know better. I can't believe they can't find the time to adjust their lineup or just say hello.

I think that this is a superb fantasy league and I have copied this league with my older(in terms of knowing them and not age) friends. That's how much I think of this league.

Get two replacements if they don't have a reasonable explanation or can't promise to be more active going forward.

We have 6 very active members this season with Chris and Scoop participating. I know Chris has been busy with his business and changing things over, working nights and weekends, but I know how much he enjoys this league. He had been bugging me for years for his own team. He will be a valuable asset. We all know what Scoop brings. I even have spoken on the phone with Scoop. And he is more than welcome to stay at my house if he ever happens to venture again to the wilds of New York City. I would hope to somehow meet all of you one day.

That's how far we have come in such a short period of time. I had a feeling about this league, and I love it when I am correct!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 13:06

Great responses gentlemen, and thanks for the support of this fine league. I agree that is something special.

This is certainly not an ideal situation, but unfortunately it is something we need to deal with.

Any other comments? We would love to hear from the others.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 15:33

Well, I think something must be going on with Richard.... Christine seems to always have the best lineup in that I would put in with her team. She wasn't really left with the best team. And it is her first year and I think it can take a little while to get interested (especially to Gregs level, lol). I have no idea of their situation so I find it hard to pass too harsh of a judgement but missing lineup changes more than once or twice is not good for the league.

I was pretty bad at answering emails last year myself so I can see how getting busy can put returning emails on the back burner. No idea where we should draw the line but I'm up to supporting the majority in this.

Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 16:03

i think all the above posts pretty much covers how i feel. i want the league to be as active as possible and if gms cannot do what is expected of them from the rest of the league it may be time to move on.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 16:24

She'a a witch! Burn her!

j/k
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 16:37

LOL.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 18:25

Seems like we need only hear back from Scoop before we move forward on this. Let's give the old fart a couple of days to respond and then we can take it from there.

Thanks for the kind words Ray.
Much appreciated.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 20:46

it is his birthday tomorrow. happy bday SCOOP!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty22.11.11 22:38

Happy birthday young man! And by the way, I'm the old fart around here! And don't you forget it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 4:42

Happy Birthday Scoop!

Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 9:30

We turned a serious post into a surprise bday party for Scoop lol

Happy Bday Scoop!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 14:21

Yes, Happy Birthday Scoopmeister. Smile

You don't look a day over thirty!
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 15:21

Although we have yet to talk with Scoop we should start to slowly discuss potential replacement GMs.

Both Brandon and Jarrett have contacted me with possibilities and Matt had also one friend who was interested although beginning a third of the way into the season might not be ideal for him.

At any rate, could you fellas talk a little bit about these fellas and tell us why they would be a good fit? Don't want to make another blunder as Matt mentioned above.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 18:45

The guy i got is Scott Bell. He is a huge Detroit Red Wings fan and knows the most about the CHL then anyone i know, or atleast the OHL. I worked with him at CIBC and he is a all around great guy. He lives in Sault Ste. Marie too, and with his current job he is around a computer all day!

He has wanted to get in the league as soon as he found out i was in this. I went to him for trade advice all the time especially when i was trying to land the twins. I let him know that he may be taking over a team that has finished near the bottom the last couple years and his response is "i will take them to the promise land". i told him he would need to check this site basically everyday and should be very active, and he also loves to trade. you all know what happened with thhee last guy i brought in the league. trade crazy he is haha!

anyways i can vouche for sanders borther as well. both would be a great addition to the league!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty23.11.11 19:36

Good information my friend.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 0:39

Thanks for all the B-day wishes.

47 years old. How did that happen? Good news, mortgage finishes next month!!! That's what happens when you're old! A Grandpa!

Hmmm. I'm not as aggressive on this topic as some of you guys. They paid...

I agree the overall fantasy experience is enhanced with active members. I certainly haven't been too busy on the trade front over the years. A few deals here and there. I get pretty wrapped up coaching the kids.

We have a guy in my other pool, that's been a discussion point for years. Again, though, I believe he's paid up.

Leagues are made up of different personalities, with different styles. Although we don't necessarily prefer the style of another...

Okay. The roster hasn't been managed. Good point.

I sent an email to Christine, a long time ago, but didn't hear back. Again, I don't take that too personally.

Maybe I'm a fence sitter, but I must admit, I don't play fantasy hockey for stress.

A poor month after a few years, I can live with that.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 6:03

I believe I'm closer to Scoop on this as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 10:06

I dont think you have to be actively trading to be considered a good GM in our league.
Scoop in your case, yes you dont trade that much but at least when I have PM you in the past you get back to me in a few days. That's all i ask for.
Just a response sometime in the same month that i send you a msg.

Everybody has things going on and will be busy that's completely understandable.
I have PM other GM's and they will just let me know that they are busy and will get back to me. Just that courtesy response i feel is important.

If you can't check your team or the forum once a week or heck once a month then maybe this isn't a good league to be in.

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 12:43

To be honest, I am somewhere between Greg and Scoop. I understand the different personality thing and the fact that they paid, but at the same time when you have two league members that are basically MIA for a good chunk of the season it does tend to create problems. Especially when their not setting their line-ups can lead (and has) to different outcomes in the match-ups.

Some options:

1) We could always send them another note as to our expectations and ask them (yet again) to please make sure to set line-ups and check/respond to messages at least once a week. I don't think that is too much to ask while the hockey season is on. Most of us have done that since the start of this fine league. Obviously there might be exceptions, but in general I think this is the bare minimum we should expect in most circumstances.

If they can't (or don't want) to do this going forward, we can always refund their money and have the replacement GMs pay.

2) Or we can wait to the end of this season and make some stipulations about participation at that time. Anybody who can't (or doesn't want) to abide by these minimum participation rules can honorably step down and let somebody else take over.

Comments?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 16:52

im good either way. richard has been a blast to have in the league over the years. if there was a circumstance that has caused him to not be as active as he likes im down with what ever we decide. i just want the best active league possible, which includes coming on this site every other day or so at least and checking messages.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty24.11.11 17:49

Well, things are rolling on this thread thus far.

As much as I have enjoyed dealing with Richard in the past, I cannot shake the fact that he has not given me (us) any explanation for his and/or Christine's behaviour. Not a peep. No reason for the disappearance and no timeline for a return to action. Baffling.

It could very well go on the rest of the season like this. That is 12 more weeks plus the 6 weeks for the playoffs.

Not acceptable as far as I am concerned, but perhaps I am getting a touch cranky in my old age.

If we had two solid GMs that were ready to spring in, I would cut the two loose faster than you could spread 150g of melted gouda on a stuffed olive.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty25.11.11 1:11

I think that since Christine has not been active that any matches from this point on be forfeited. Not that I am currently losing my matchup with Christine have any influence on my suggestion. (snicker).

all kidding aside, participation is key to a successful and unboring league.

Is "unboring" a word?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Time to get serious?   Time to get serious? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Time to get serious?
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
 :: League News :: League Lounge-
Gehe zu: