Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

clarification on seeding tie breakers

Nach unten 
+4
Ice Dawgs
Fitzsy Stars
Desolation Row
Soo Storm
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty
BeitragThema: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty23.01.12 15:43

so i know if it is two teams we go h2h record.

if we have 3 or more do we try and figure out if we can do it w/ h2h records or do we go by total points as soon as more than 2 teams are involved?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty23.01.12 17:42

Total Points my friend.

I am, therefore, hoping for a three way tie for first. I have the edge at the moment.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 0:40

Hold on just a second fellers. In previous years we have gone by total points in the H2H record. For example, if the H2H record is tied, then we add the total points scored in that H2H match-up together and determine the winner that way. So it's not total points OVERALL as Greg is alluding to, it is total points in the H2H match-up.

This is what we've done this for a couple of years in a row now.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 2:27

If it is a two team tie, yes, that is how I understand it.

However, if it is a three team (or greater) tie, then we have gone with total points overall in the past.

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 27.01.12 12:48 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 2:29

Here is what we agreed upon leading up to the mid season draft

First off, thank you Jarrett for all your hard work there. Much appreciated.

I am pooped and somewhat flustered, but I thought that as soon as we had more than two teams tied, we simply went with total points accumulated thus far.

My order:

1. Team Po-Po
2. Garden River Gamblers
3. Soo Storm
4. The Juggernauts
5. Arthur Tigers
6. Fitzsy Stars
7. Shoreside Situations
8. Buffalo Cab Co.
9. Suicidal Frogs
10. Desolation Row

Look OK?

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 24.01.12 11:22 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 10:56

Looks ok to me, but I'm old.

Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 11:23

You look quite good in your avatar there Ray......

I would guess early 20´s.....
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 11:25

kiss
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty24.01.12 17:54

That seems like a fair compromise, with one small caveat.

Here's how I would put it: in the event that a three-way tie cannot be decided by looking at total points scored against each other in a H2H format (ie. it still ends up in three-way tie), then total points overall can be used.

In the event of a two-way tie, then it comes down to points scored against each other in the H2H match-ups, as we've done in the past.

How does that sound?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty26.01.12 11:55

Any reason why we don't use the standing as they are on the website? We had the same discussion for the January draft. I was in 9th in the standing but got the first pick because it was determined that I was last somehow(sorry really didn't pay attention).

Now we are trying to figure it out again? I say go with the website. In fact I don't really know why we are not using the website for everything but thats another day?

Gordo
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty26.01.12 18:55

We currently have three teams tied at 11-4.

I have no ideer how ESPN has determined the order of those teams.

I think that we stick with what we have at the moment. As Matt put it:

Zitat :
Here's how I would put it: in the event that a three-way tie cannot be decided by looking at total points scored against each other in a H2H format (ie. it still ends up in three-way tie), then total points overall can be used.

In the event of a two-way tie, then it comes down to points scored against each other in the H2H match-ups, as we've done in the past.

Enjoy the All Star break fellas.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty26.01.12 20:57

my vote is for just going to total points when there is 3 or more teams tied. its very siimple for my little brain .
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty26.01.12 21:01

just went back over the matchups and noticed Greg and Chris had a match where they both ended with 203 points yet they gave Greg the win????

also this is how they decide the standings on the espn site.

PLAYOFF SEEDING AND TIE-BREAKERS (Custom Leagues)
When your league converts into playoff mode the system automatically generates a seed for each team in the league based on the regular season results. The seeds determine where the system places each team in the playoffs. The primary factors which determine seeds are:
1. Division Winner(s)
2. Winning Percentage
In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines the seed:
1 - Overall record *
2 - Head-to-head record
3 - Overall points (H2H Points League only)
4 - Division record
5 - Overall points-against (H2H Points League only)
6 - Coin Flip
* NOTE: Overall record is based on winning percentage. Therefore, a team that has more losses than another team might have the same winning percentage.
In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have not played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines seed:

1 - Overall record
2 - Overall points (H2H Points League only)
3 - Division record
4 - Overall points-against (H2H Points League only)
5 - Coin Flip

NOTE: If your league's rules do not agree with the system tiebreaker rules described above the playoff seeds can easily be changed by the League Manager. To edit the playoff seeds/bracket simply go to the Playoff Matchups page and click on the "Edit" link.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 12:42

Hello to all.

When two teams tie in a head to head match up, the win goes to the team who scored the most goals. That is why I snatched that win from Chris. Let´s see if it helps me!!

Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 12:42

Good information there John.
Seems like you have uncovered the dirty truth.

I thought that Gord was the detective of the group.

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 27.01.12 12:51 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 12:45

That would then explain why I am in ranked ´´first´´ even though both Chris and Ray have the same winning percentage.

Or am I, due to sleep deprivation, confused again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 19:26

well, I think if we go by head to head matchups Frogs should be first right now. And if we do the points total because three or more are tied then Row is in first.... so we better decide how we are doing this eh?>
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 19:49

I think ESPN see it this way. row vs frogs: 1-1 so go to point total for, Row wins.
row vs cab : 1-0 row wins.
frogs vs cab: 2-0 frogs wins.

therefore 1st row, 2nd frog, 3rd cab.

But we would see it as combining the points in the row vs frogs so frogs would win, our order in head to head would be 1st frogs, 2nd row, and cabs 3rd.

but if we do three or more tie then go to total points for and we would have 1st row, 2nd cabs, and 3rd frog.

three different outcomes depending on what we decide. Either we go with the espn site, we try to figure h2h ourselves by combining points for h2h matchups. or we do we do h2h unless there are three or more then we use total points for. we need another poll.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 19:53

personally, I would just vote for the ESPN way. That way we don't have to figure it out. lol. Seems fair and easiest.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty27.01.12 22:17

I don't care as long as Row takes first place and I end up in third, for the extra keeper.

Actually, I think let's have ESPN do it for us anyways. We pay them good money ($0) for our league.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Chris Catrini

Chris Catrini

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 26.04.11

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty28.01.12 0:32

I am in complete agreement ....what did he say again?

Oh yeah, Ray is old and his avitar is hot!

Seriously, Head to Head , Best record wins...3 way tie or more... Most points.

Maaaa MEATLOAF NOW!!!!!

If Row and I are tied I have tie breaker advantage( more points vs each other), throw that old cab company in there and Row gets the nod in my opinion.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty28.01.12 17:13

Well this is an interesting conversation.

A recap from what John has uncovered on ESPN:

When your league converts into playoff mode the system automatically generates a seed for each team in the league based on the regular season results. The seeds determine where the system places each team in the playoffs. The primary factors which determine seeds are:

1. Division Winner(s) --- does not apply to our league.
2. Winning Percentage

In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines the seed:

1 - Overall record *
2 - Head-to-head record
4 - Division record ---- does not apply to our league.
6 - Coin

* NOTE: Overall record is based on winning percentage. Therefore, a team that has more losses than another team might have the same winning percentage.

In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have not played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines seed:

1 - Overall record
3 - Division record
5 - Coin Flip

OK, there we have it.

I am with John, Ray, Chris and Lynyrd Skynyrd on this. To quote Lynyrd:

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

We have the option here of allowing the website to do the work for us in a simple and fair fashion and I think that we would be foolish to go any other way.

I think we should adopt this immediately and put our fantasy feet up and enjoy the ride.

For this season, the major impact will be, in all likelihood, shared between Chris, Ray and myself. As John mentioned, depending on what route we go this season, it could have implications on the cash distribution. I therefore, stand before you with one hand on my heart and the other cupping my modestly proportioned genitals and make the following pledge:

Should we adopt this scoring method and I secure first place above Chris because my total points are higher, I will split my first place winnings with him 50/50. I would, however, demand that everyone call me the league champion and spend the following 365 days calling me King, or Captain, or even Kolonel.

Of course, Chris is red poker hot at the moment so there is the very real possibility that his total points are higher come seasons end. Or Ray. One can never forget Ray. He has the potential to be on the top of the heap come seasons end as well.

Now, I will create a poll and we can decide this in a very un-american fashion. By that I mean, democratically.

Sorry Ray. Just a little fun there. I won't do it again.

G

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty28.01.12 21:19

No sweat brother!
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty18.02.12 15:53

Desolation Row schrieb:
Well this is an interesting conversation.

A recap from what John has uncovered on ESPN:

1. Division Winner(s) --- does not apply to our league.
2. Winning Percentage

1 - Overall record *
2 - Head-to-head record
4 - Division record ---- does not apply to our league.
6 - Coin

1 - Overall record
3 - Division record
5 - Coin Flip

OK, there we have it.

I am with John, Ray, Chris and Lynyrd Skynyrd on this. To quote Lynyrd:

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

We have the option here of allowing the website to do the work for us in a simple and fair fashion and I think that we would be foolish to go any other way.

I think we should adopt this immediately and put our fantasy feet up and enjoy the ride.

For this season, the major impact will be, in all likelihood, shared between Chris, Ray and myself. As John mentioned, depending on what route we go this season, it could have implications on the cash distribution. I therefore, stand before you with one hand on my heart and the other cupping my modestly proportioned genitals and make the following pledge:

Should we adopt this scoring method and I secure first place above Chris because my total points are higher, I will split my first place winnings with him 50/50. I would, however, demand that everyone call me the league champion and spend the following 365 days calling me King, or Captain, or even Kolonel.

Of course, Chris is red poker hot at the moment so there is the very real possibility that his total points are higher come seasons end. Or Ray. One can never forget Ray. He has the potential to be on the top of the heap come seasons end as well.

Now, I will create a poll and we can decide this in a very un-american fashion. By that I mean, democratically.

Sorry Ray. Just a little fun there. I won't do it again.

G

so does this mean that if teams are tied with each other and h2h record cannot determine the seeds it automatically goes to a coin flip in our league?
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty18.02.12 16:03

No, if h2h record cannot determine the seeds it goes to total points for. if they happen to be the same then it goes to total points against. and if that's the same too, then it goes to coin flip.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: clarification on seeding tie breakers   clarification on seeding tie breakers Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

clarification on seeding tie breakers
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter