Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

After these messages....

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

After these messages.... Empty
BeitragThema: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty08.06.12 2:44

Hello Folks!

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all. I hope that the summer is off and running in the right direction for everyone.

Operation Relocation progresses.

Big week coming up for us as we start our new jobs and the kids will start at their new school. Gulp.

Once the dust settles, expect some trade offers to be arriving. I have a few interesting idlers brewing.

Greg
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty08.06.12 13:40

Great to hear from you. These boards have been a bit tame since you have been busy moving. May I ask, where did you move to?

The summer won't officially begin until Greg makes his first trade offer.

Bada-bing!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty08.06.12 15:56

Roger that Ray!

We moved to Barrie, Ontario my good man. That is about 90 minutes north of Toronto. I think that the city will be a good fit for us from what I have seen thus far. Lots to do outdoors and with our good friends John and Gord not far away, what more can a man ask for?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty08.06.12 16:40

Well, good luck in your new endeavors!

Perhaps we can meet if I ever get up to TO again.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty08.06.12 17:28

That would be great Ray.

Should such a meeting take place, I promise to use a low pH, high magnesium, zesty lime body wash to give myself that little extra something for you.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty10.06.12 8:58

Barrie is very close to me as well. About 45 mins

We should have a crazy nutbar party one of these days!!!

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty10.06.12 12:28

And crazy it would be, especially is Scoop brings Wizz along, although I doubt Wizz travels far outside of Arthur or wherever he is from.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty11.06.12 0:26

Nutbars party sounds great. I am sometimes in the neighbourhood, too. Perhaps an opportunity will come up sometime over the next few months. Whizz or no whizz. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty14.06.12 12:13

If Wizz attends, Razor has to bring him.... he's a little rank!

Now, the rest of this is a true story (true rumoured, and a lot of truth). It is truly believable, and that's a bit mind numbing.

Part of the inspiration behind my pal Wizz are two sets of bizarre brothers in my small town. The Robson boys and the Cardy boys. These brothers are 70-80 years old. No doubt they are acquaintances, but not buddies.

Both sets of brothers inherited their family farms. No one ever got married. The Cardy's have the better part of 1000 acres. The Robson's have at least 100 acres. Both sets of brothers have let nature take its course on their properties. They don't grow crops, just weeds and shrubs planted by mother nature. Lots of bizarre stories. They both let their homes wear out completely. The Cardy's neighbours eventually had a 'bee' and got the roof put back on their house (rain coming in). The Robson boys had their house condemned. The one Cardy boy is alleged to have had the largest recorded hernia in the history of hernias. How's that for a claim to fame! They also succeeded in having a massive outbreak of 'black leg' disease with their free roaming cattle. It's the kind of thing that really hasn't happened in 100 years. One of the Cardy boys controls the money. His brother thought he was going to die and bequeathed everything to him. This is a source of contention. The Queens Tavern, recently defunct, saw the Cardy boys visit every Saturday afternoon after getting groceries. Delmer and I don't remember the other guys name.

The story now turns to the Robson boys.

For the past 30 years, the Robson boys have sat in their car. They're on the fourth car I can remember. They always replace with a new car. For many years, a large black dog had the back seat in the large sedan. They drive around town during the day and then go back to the farm at night. They sleep in the car, summer & winter. The car gets smaller every time they replace it. Currently it's a red compact.

In recent years, these boys have degenerated to a lower level. Stores in town now make them stand outside, when they want to make a purchase. Body odor is incredible, and lingers for an exceptionally long time. It's scary.

One of the Robson boys recently died. Now the story gets really scary. Ed takes Ken to the funeral home, to get help. Ken has had a heart attack. Ambulance is called. The attendant throws up trying to provide mouth-to-mouth. Ken dies. He's got gangrene on the lower parts of his body, and is actually driving around in that car covering himself with a sheet. This man is about 80, and I never in my life heard him say a word. They always wave to me when they see me. They are friendly. Ed always says hello.

Now we start getting to the mind boggling part.

The back of the car is always full of garbage. These guys buy their food and keep it in the car. They eat a lot of bread, bakery stuff and raw hot dogs. The garbage keeps getting dumped in the back seat. In the process of Ken passing away, it's decided that the car must be cleaned out (probably by some government people). It turns out they have 10 rats riding around in the car with them.... A mother rat has had a litter.... they've be eating the squandered food in the back seat...

Well, the funeral home kept Ken for about 24 hours and then he was buried. The funeral home operator couldn't handle the odor despite having housed him down repeatedly.

They dragged Ed off to the loony bin, for a week. He's out driving around town again! It's obvious they're loony, but not loony enough to hurt anyone are keep locked up. Actually, they don't really need locked up, just somehow a small piece of sanity needs to be added to their every day life. (Like a place to go to sleep)
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty19.06.12 0:25

That is one crazy story Scoop! Very entertaining! I appreciate your taking the time to share this with us, as I am fascinated by stories like this. Smile

I can also see how you used the Robsons' life to garner material for Whizz.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty19.06.12 22:20

Just because I was born and raised in New York City and ride the subway system everyday doesn't mean that I am used to the aroma that emanates from the homeless bodies that one may find on a subway car from time to time. I do have to say that some of them pack a potent punch. A stench so bad the government should consider it for chemical warfare.

Which brings me to a story of when I was attending Baruch College of the City university system in Manhattan. I had finished a particularly easy day at the classes when I journeyed on my way home by taking the F train at 23rd Street and 6th Avenue station. Well, when the train was pulling in, there, stopping at my feet was an unusually empty train car.

When the doors opened I stepped in excited that I was about to partake in one of the rarest of occasions, an empty seat on a NYC train. Well, as soon as I sat down, the doors closed and that's when it hit me. The smell traveled faster than a speeding bullet from the end of the subway car where the hobo was sitting to where I was perched on the train. Well, I stood up immediately and went to the other end of the car to walk through to the next car. But things were not going my way. The door was locked!

But, wait, here came a conductor from the other car and was heading towards me and my hopes of exiting this unpleasant situation were at it's all-time highest. Well, the conductor unlokced the door and went on to the next car. And then, to my disbelief, he shut the door and left me in the contaminated car. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That bastard. Well, the next stop did not come soon enough and it was then that I was able to escape the malodorous train car and step into the car where everyone was smooshed like sardines.

Ahhhhhhhh, living in NY. There's nothing like it!

A true story.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty24.06.12 1:49

That is hilarious Ray! I love the fact that the conductor shut the door on you! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty24.06.12 10:32

I know! Can you believe the inhumanity?
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty25.06.12 11:59

Smile - That's a good smile Razor!

I live in Arthur, Ontario. I remember trains going through town, but that stopped in about 1975 or 1978... you could see the train from our yard (600 yards away)...

I think I'm going to ride on a plane this summer... for the first time...

I've never ridden on a public bus....

Once, when I was about 12, I went to the city with my friend. We rode on the subway, up a stop and back... I saw a parked subway train two years ago...

I rode in a taxi, once...

Now, let me tell you about riding greased pigs, wild broncos, bulls and horses and elephants... Canoeing rapids, skipping from iceberg to iceberg, penguin farming, evading Minotaurs and Fraxy's (imaginary dinosaur type chickens)... and the Swamp Sisters... boot legging... hillbillys.... I know nothing of any of these things.

I do know, "How to walk a pig!" (tie a front leg and the opposite back leg together), tie a rope around it's neck. After it throws itself on the ground enough times, it'll walk along. Pick a smaller pig.

I've also got lots of other useless information stored up!

Hobo's and the Robson boys... all from a similar element I'm afraid!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty25.06.12 12:29

I think you are chock full of stories Scoop! One of the reasons we love you here at the Nutbars! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: After these messages....   After these messages.... Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

After these messages....
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
 :: League News :: League Lounge-
Gehe zu: