Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Trip to Toronto

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 9:01

My buddies and I are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Toronto. I could use some help on where to stay. We would like to go to a Leafs game and also see the Hall along with going out for a few pops. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 9:55

Razor,

Well, I'm not real strong on the suggestions. You can walk from the arena to the Hall of Fame. There are only a couple of blocks in between. I stay in Toronto once a year for two nights, always down on Airport Road, well away from the arena. $75 or $100 a night. I would think they would have a pool at most of them. I never bother to go swimming to know though. There are lots of restaurants and some dance clubs on Airport... but it's 15 years since I went into one. One motel is about as good as the next, at least in regards to the ones we've stayed at when we're working at the Toronto Farm Show. Leafy tickets... I may be able to get my fingers on up to 4, depending. I'd need to give Steve Kozinets a call. He runs a big Mens Wear store in Arthur. "Sussmans". Anyway I think he's got a pair of Reds & a pair of nose bleeds. I sat in the nose bleeds once. That pair was about $85. Four rows from the back at about the blueline. The ones down by the front were about $350 for the pair. I got a pair of tickets with Ovy coming to town once, but only grabbed them for my buddy. He oversees one of the Honda factories, so money isn't a big concern with him. $350 is a little rich for me. Make sure you check the itinerary for the Hall of Fame. The day we arrived Cam Neely was on display and we didn't have anything for him to autograph.

How long are you visiting? We're a short 1-1/2 hours from the Air Canada Centre/Rogers Centre or whatever it is they call it this year! You might want to check if the Raptors are playing too.

Just remember, you're looking to be directly beside the CN Tower. So if you were driving around and get 'lost' you'll be able to look over and know whether you're getting closer to the Tower like you want! I think it's about $20 to ride up to the top of the tower.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 10:25

It looks like it will be from Thursday jan 29th to Sunday Feb. 1st. The Penguins are playing Sat. night. I don't know what my buddies' experience is with Toronto because this trip was conceived at the bar one night and since I have the organizational skills, I thought I get it kick started. Scoop, I will let you know about tickets but they will probably want to scalp before the game probably.

It is in the eaarly stages but if they are serious about it then it will get done quickly.

Thanks for the help.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 12:38

They want scalp tickets for a Penguins game in Toronto? Sid will command $1000 from the scalpers for the dandy tickets up front. I know better than to even ask for the nose bleeds from my buddy Steve. I'd be getting my tickets today rather than waiting to the last minute. That's a tough ticket. Plan B might be to see Tavares just up the road (providing he hasn't been traded!)
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 15:18

or we can watch the game at the bar with the locals.

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 16:07

I worked for a guy for 17 years. He and a bunch of buddies went to Montreal for a game every year. The one lad never went to the game, he always attended a side show attraction affraid while the other lads went to the game. Yeah, you could watch in the bar! Upchuck's is just down the road! Swallow enough Hillbilly Hooch and you need to watch the highlights the next day! Wizz says "tis no fun 'pukin' in de troff. 'speshally if'n some bugger'n pissin init at da same time."

The Hillbilly Gals doing their dancing don't quiet compete with the balleters in TO!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty15.10.08 16:27

When in TO, I usually stay at the hotel that's attached to the ACC. But that's because I'm an Air Canada employee, other than that, I don't really know of a solid place to stay within the city, but the HHOF is a great place, you'll enjoy it!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Trip to Toronto Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Trip to Toronto   Trip to Toronto Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Trip to Toronto
Seite 1 von 1