Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

All Hail Tom Gilbert

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty
BeitragThema: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty02.11.08 18:29

Yes, I have been thus far bombarded with trade offers from jealous GMs trying to nab Gilbert from me. Going into Sunday he was racking up 0.26 points per game for me. A very tidy sum. Add that up over the course of an 800 game season and that is really quite something.

But with Sundays explosion of three assists, I had initially no ideer how I would manage the wave or offers that would flood my email box. To deal with it, I have hired a temporary secretary who will start tomorrow morning at 6am. She will handle all negotiations in a professional and fair manner. Please be polite and respectful.

Your proud Gilbert owner.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty02.11.08 19:48

I've considered moving Crosby for him but figured you would be insulted.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty02.11.08 20:02

Good idea, I offered him Malkin + Voracek + 1st in both of our drafts this year, and he simply won't budge. Prepare yourself for an all out bidding war. This time, ADVANTAGE VARSEN!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty03.11.08 1:56

Sorry guys, you've gotta stop sending those insulting bids to him. Send him something reasonable and fair, and you will see that he is reasonable and fair also.

Greg, I'll trade you Umberger for Gilbert and your first round pick next year Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty04.11.08 14:39

This was a waste of a Messge board topic. Now a Gilbert & Sullivan topic would have been awesome! Time for a Bob Dylan pic, it really has been a while, right Greg?

All Hail Tom Gilbert Bob-dylan
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty04.11.08 17:57

That is absolutely the best picture of Dylan I have ever seen Ray! I am sending some Karma your way and I will also take the liberty of using my league manager rights to transfer Mike Green to your squad in exchange from Chris Campoli. Matt does not need Mike Green anymore with Miller racking up SO after SO.

I suppose this is the most appropriate location to inform the league that my entire family has lice. Yes lice. My 2 year old son, Zackary, got it from the daycare and was kind enough to bring it home with him and share it with his parents. Now, it is not too bad for me being as bald as a cueball but one has to worry about the potential of things spreading south. I will keep you posted everyone.

In light of the difficult times that I am currently experiencing I would think it fair that for the time being when you are facing me head to head, that you kindly rest your stars.

Many thanks for your support and kind words.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty04.11.08 19:26

Wow.

Sorry to hear that Greg. If I hadn't already set my roster for the week then I would surely be benching most of my best players for you. I'm sorry to hear of your infestation. I'm sure you'll be cured by the time we meet again!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty04.11.08 20:44

Isn't parenthood great! Girls are way worse than boys for that lice trick. Gotta share stuff. Good news, seems towards the end of Public School the problem seems to improve. I think that's because as they become teenagers they voluntarily stick their heads up their asses...

Oh sorry, once again the meds are getting low.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty05.11.08 10:36

I feel your pain Gregster! My daughter Cara was not only lucky once, but twice this year to contract this dreaded infestation. Had my wife freaking out, having to use that special shampoo, pick the nits out, comb through it, put everything in site in the laundry. I was no help of course because lice don't play hockey and I couldn't see them for the life of me. If any had survived, I gladly would have coached them in the fine art of ice hockey, although I think they wouldn't have fared well against the NHLers because of their size and all. Must be a bitch to strap those tiny helmets on.

Hey Scoop, got any more meds left for me???? This picture is for you my friend.

Greg, glad you liked the picture of Bob Dylan and thanks for Mike Green. I hated to give up Campoli for him being that Chris is on a tear now. I think I could've held out for Ken Hodge though, don't you think?

All Hail Tom Gilbert Charlizetheronfeb21
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty05.11.08 11:10

Thanks for the pic. I'll officially check Charlize over real careful for lice! That body paint, well I'll have to inspect real careful, one could have gotten painted in! Turning 44 a little later this month, and in this instance that's a good thing, I'm getting close to needing bi-focals. (all you puppies in the pool wouldn't understand!). Anyway, that means I'm not seeing so well. Therefore I have to look for a longer period of time for that 'little stuff'. Much longer than a young lad could justify!

Nice full bottle of meds, just got a bit emptier! I'd be happy to share with you Razor!

Wizz says he's never heard of lice. He scratches constantly. "Mor'en dem liddle buggz in-mah Hooch. Aaawell. Dey alwiz drownz. Ehh liddle protein nebber hurd nobody."

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: All Hail Tom Gilbert   All Hail Tom Gilbert Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

All Hail Tom Gilbert
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
 :: League News :: League Lounge-
Gehe zu: