Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

position changes prior to the season

Nach unten 
+3
Basement Dwellers
Fitzsy Stars
Soo Storm
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

position changes prior to the season Empty
BeitragThema: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty01.10.14 12:57

well i think i have a scenario where i can drop a player on my team and pick up a FA.

scott laughton was changed from a C to a LW.

therefore i am entitled to drop a player for a FA if i wish. my question is we never stated that the FA had to have a certain position, so I am assuming that i can take anybody.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty01.10.14 13:17

i dropped prospect Brandon Perlini --- since i need to have 5 prospects to start the season i will have to select a prospect
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty01.10.14 13:23

i have took kapenen from pitts
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 3:38

I don't have a problem with this, obviously, since I was the one who suggested it. But I know Ray had suggested that anyone in this situation should have a one-day window just before the season starts to make any exchanges.

Do we want to set that date as Tuesday, October 7th, before midnight?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 3:46

Another way to do this: perhaps it would be possible to open up FAAB for one day prior to the start of the season. This would allow people to make some adjustments to their teams due to injuries and/or positional changes made by ESPN, but any money they spend would be taken out of their $50 FAAB budget they would receive after the mid-season draft.

In my opinion, this seems the fairest way to do things for everyone.

Thoughts?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 8:02

im good with either suggestion. I will drop kapenen and wait for a league decision
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 8:44

Sorry......I worked last night and was not able to get my usual rest so I just want to clarify that what is being proposed is to open up the FAAB for the one day for everyone. Not just those that have run into to this predicament?

Considering I cannot see us all agreeing on delaying the draft until ESPN gets this shit together, this sounds like the fairest option so far. Assuming I am understanding correctly.

Thank you and I wish everyone a wonderful day!!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 14:36

Options:

One option is to do nothing.  As experienced GMs, we draft a spectrum of players forming a roster deep enough to cover ESPN's tweaks.  Nice and simple.  If that has not been achieved, then trading to fill gaps remains an option.  The only option really.

Another option is to allow some sort of swapping as Matt has mentioned above.  It seems fun, but one concern I have with it is keeping track of who we can dump.  Looking at my own roster, I cannot even remember who specifically has had their position changed.  I know that some have.  I know that I have fewer RWs than I did immediately following the draft.  But, who would I drop?  Who could I drop?  Naturally, I have no ideer what is happening with other rosters.  Given this, it seems more of a post draft tweak.  A post draft balancer if you will.  Seems messy to be perfectly honest with you all.

Also, there have been many trades since our draft was completed.  What about players acquired in trades?  Has their eligibility changed?  Messy.

I would thus favour:

Nothingness
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 14:39

I see also in your post Matt that you mention making adjustments in rosters due to injuries as well. I certainly could use that, but the question is .......

Should we?

I am flexible. Just so long as we can come to an agreement.

Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 15:04

Id go for nothingness as well.
I like the idea of having to make trades to get the positions you want.

I think Greg nailed it when it comes to trying to keep track of every other teams guys and which positions they were and are now. Very complicated. Whos to say i dont just drop a few guys cause i regret drafting them to pick up other players i found out where available or tearing it up in my preseason. Then just say i dropped them cause there positions changed.
I would never do that but there would be nothing stopping it. We would need a NHL positions guru to keep track of it.
Also what if me and someone else want to pick up the same guy? Who gets them first? Too many unknowns
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 15:13

yah i would be in favour with nothing - you guys bring up lots of complications
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 17:30

I think this is why the "FAAB for One Day" idea seems like the fairest. For one: we don't have to worry about all these restrictions which would only leave everyone with a headache. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Any money spent on switching players would not be available to GMs after the mid-season draft, so if you want to spend it just before the season starts then you don't have as much money to spend later in the year.

I still think we need to do something. Too many things can happen during the preseason and due to ESPN arbitrarily switching player positions. And I think everyone would like to start every season with something of a clean slate, rather than being behind the eight-ball right from the beginning.

I also think it would be fun to see what GMs would be willing to bid for the one day, if for example some player who was undrafted makes an NHL team by surprise or has been tearing it up in the preseason.

The only other option, in my mind, is to hold our draft in early October, after ESPN has set their positions and we've received news-flow out of training camps.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 18:49

Can we drop anybody for this 1 day FAAB? Not just players who have switched positions and how many drops/pickups can you make?. just 1 drop/pickup per team? Or as many as you want
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 20:16

Ya am good for a vote on this but I think that we would need to clarify exactly what the ground rules are for the FAAB. Lenght of time. Number of players we can drop/add, which players we can drop(injured/positional change), are we guaranteed to be able to add players - if we lose out on one player are we able to continue to bid on others until we get our number back, etc, etc, etc.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 20:47

I am always in favor of keeping things simple. The basis of the league was set up and hasa been running smoothly but it's when something unexpected happens, (and I agree that having player's position changed can be frustrating), we try to add new rules or stipulations to remedy something that in reality is very minor.

Last year Matt was able to remedy his situation with a few trades with yours truly. So, I don't see why we can't just leave things the way they are, we draft who we draft and that's that. If a team is deficient in a position, it looks to me that everyone likes to trade in this league, so remedying your deficiency by trade seems like the most exciting way to do things.

I think adding this pre-season "Waiver Wire" or "One-Day FAAB" may seem like a good idea, it just makes things more complicated on who can be dropped, how many can be dropped, etc.

SO, I can go either way. Keep things status quo and the teams will just have to trade their way to a more balanced roster

OR,

make it a one-day, one add/drop per team, if desired to make such a move. If this is the case, do we use FAAB or some sort of random draft order for 1 round?

My thoughts

Ray

Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty02.10.14 21:16

Yup
Like Ray, I like simple.
I would prefer to have teams make trades to cover gaps......
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 0:14

Thinner rule books are better.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 2:02

I was grateful that Ray was willing to trade with me last year, because the other GMs I contacted were not willing to for any reasonable offer.

As you know, I prefer the one-day FAAB OR one add/drop per team on the last day before the season starts, without restrictions. This solves the problem and keeps things simple, which I think was the main criticism of most people -- not making things overly complicated.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 8:16

Good morning fellow General Managers.
Reading over the notes, it looks like this should go to a poll.
I will set it up at work today and we can let the magic of democracy take us to the promise land.

Does that should fair?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 8:19

Well, we do want any team to be at a huge disadvantage because of positioning issues, so I would do the 1-day, 1 add/drop per team FAAB regardless if a player is injured, position change, etc. the day before the season starts sounds reasonable to me.

Can't force a team to trade, so this would solve that issue
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 9:37

Are we looking at this being a yearly rule or is this just a quick fix for this year. Simple and fair seems to be what everyone wants - just differences on how to achieve??

Next year just delay drop/draft dates until ESPN is ready for us???

That appears to be the simplest and fairest solution after fixing this year?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 22:36

I agree with Gord that from this point on we should either do the draft later, or whatever we vote on this year should become an annual allowance.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty03.10.14 22:40

Yup, seems reasonable.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: position changes prior to the season   position changes prior to the season Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

position changes prior to the season
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
 :: League News :: League Lounge-
Gehe zu: