Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Official Poll on Keeper Totals

Nach unten 
+3
Soo Storm
Ice Dawgs
Desolation Row
7 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3

Should we increase our Keeper Totals by 5? (to be implemented 2106-2017).
1. Nope. Please leave totals as they currently are.
Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Vote_lcap60%Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
2. Yes. I would like to add 5 keepers to everyone's totals. We would then keep between 15-18 players depending upon order of finish.
Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Vote_lcap40%Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 10

AutorNachricht
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty26.08.15 16:00

Maybe everyone can just say what their opinion is on this. Dead set against any increase in keepers or was it the scary #5 that made them say no.

I can start.

I actually voted no this time even though I am totally for an increase in keepers. I would have voted yes if it was a smaller increase and then go from there. If anywhere.

Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty26.08.15 16:19

I would've voted yes as well for a smaller number.
I thought 5 was a bit too much
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty26.08.15 18:39

Personally, I'm dead set against any increase in keeper numbers. The cascading keeper format is one of the rules that makes our league so competitive. The more keepers we add, the more it starts looking like a Dynasty league, and being in another Dynasty league, it takes FOREVER for uncompetitive teams to rebuild their rosters. My suggestion for John is to consider joining a Dynasty league if he really wants that kind of experience (there are tons around), and enjoy the competitive nature of this league for what it is.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty26.08.15 22:12

And the other four too right Matt?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty26.08.15 23:59

Yes, the other four too John. Just like I did.

In short: Why not enjoy fantasy hockey in a couple of different formats, instead of trying to change one of the keystone rules that makes this league unique? Dynasty leagues are a dime a dozen.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty27.08.15 0:04

I am in a full keeper pool with 16 people. 6f,4d,2g, and 6 subs. So I get the dynasty situation you speak of. This will be our 8th year and in the 7 champions we only had 4 people win the title... But we have only had 5 people leave this pool over the 8 years. Because we don't go around claiming to be some great pool, we keep it simple and allow anyone to bring up any rule they would like to see and a simple majority makes it pass. I am no dictator in our pool.

I don't want this pool to be full keeper. But we are drafting up to 18 rounds(possibly 20 if you win and have no prospects) and that's after the top 120 of the top players are kept. Seems a bit much to me. Maybe 5 more isn't the perfect number, I just took that off the top of my head, maybe 2 more would have been a better number. I'll see if that flies.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty27.08.15 0:23

As mentioned, I'm in a Dynasty league as well and in the five years we've been running it we've only had three of twelve teams win the championship, and of the four teams who didn't make the playoffs the first year, all but one of those teams have NEVER made the playoffs. There are also far fewer trades and we've had tons of turnover because without a competitive team over a period of years people eventually lose interest.

Regarding the number of players we add, i think what we have now is about the perfect balance. Again, this is my opinion. However, I would encourage those who are in favour of changing the number of keepers to look at the last several drafts. After the first round or two the talent drops off significantly. Sure, one can find diamonds in the rough in any round, but the chances become less and less. Even if we added a couple more players to our teams, there would be top players such as Duchene, Luongo, Pacioretty, etc, etc, who would have never made it to free agency.

If anything, I think we should decrease the number of keepers, because it keeps the drafting really interesting (especially now that we don't have a mid-season draft) for those of us who love drafting, and it also has the side benefit of forcing the continual turnover of a certain high calibre of player that wouldn't be available for any other reason.

I'm no dictator either John, but I'm more than happy to defend my strong viewpoint. Especially considering that I feel the uniqueness of this league would be in jeopardy if we change this rule. Again, in my opinion. Obviously, if a majority agreed to change the rule we would change, and than I would have to decide whether to stay or go.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty27.08.15 0:34

Well, we are in agreement. We don't want this to be a full keeper. Adding 5 was too many for the guys in this league. But at least 4 wanted to increase the number, and a couple others discussed maybe a couple more would be good. So we are getting somewhere. we can see if 2 is the magic number.

Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty27.08.15 9:24

Progress. Is. Being. Made.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty28.08.15 10:42

Glad to see i'm not the only one getting a bit fired up on this topic haha.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll on Keeper Totals   Official Poll on Keeper Totals - Seite 3 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Official Poll on Keeper Totals
Seite 3 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3