Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.

Nach unten 
+2
Basement Dwellers
Desolation Row
6 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty
BeitragThema: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty24.08.15 22:15

Fellow GM's.  I have recently returned from holidays and find myself shocked that the summer has nearly passed.  I hope that everyone had an enjoyable one.  Honestly, I don't know where the time went.

Our slow draft will begin on September 1st.  That is just 8 days.  We typically like to have keepers named one week prior, but since time has snuck up on us all, I suggest that we give ourselves untill Sunday at midnight to make that known.  That will give us all a days break before the draft will begin on Tuesday.

We have things that have been left unresolved as I suppose will always be the case.  One Poll is underway and we are still waiting on 3 GMs to put their votes in.  There are also other issues that have been suggested, but not as yet voted on.  My suggestion would be to complete the Poll that is open and then deal with other issues at a later date.  Perhaps we need to revisit the idea of having a two week period open come seasons end to deal with proposals.  

One item is set.  That being the vote cancellation.  Please see the thread if you are unsure about what that means.

I am, as always, looking forward to the draft!

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 31.08.15 14:38 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty24.08.15 22:28

I thought that one of this issues that we were going to resolve during our two week period was when we were going to have the draft?

Last year there was an issue raised about ESPN not having player positions set at the time of the draft. There was a lengthy discussion and a variety of options brought forward to address the issue including delaying the draft.

So if we go ahead with the draft next week are we going to run into the same problem again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty24.08.15 22:32

As I recall, it was suggested that the FAAB would offer a remedy for any post draft positional issues or holes created by injuries.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty25.08.15 17:17

Yes, FAAB does offer a remedy for that.

I also like the idea of moving the two week period to resolve issues to a two-week period in September, perhaps after our draft. Or just before the draft if we move the draft back to mid September. It seems people are more involved (eager) to discuss fantasy hockey than in April, at season's end.

The downside to this approach is that we sometimes forget what the issues are we're voting on. LOL.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:42

possibly leaving the draft too late could result in us not getting through our slow draft. It can take a while and even though I don't have plans yet, I am off the last week of September. ugh,,, that damn 15 round slow draft....
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:45

What about some sort of shared document we could all have access to fit this draft? Each GM could simply fill in their pick as we go and add him on ESPN.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:48

I don't think that would speed us up. But maybe a thred for drafting and an updated thred for just our picks so we know who was drafted. When I'm at work it's impossible for me to draft. Assembly work. So we will likely always have a 10 hour blackout during that time.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:49

We should just leave it as the way we have been doing it. It really doesn't take that long and who is to say that a shared document wouldn't have the same issues with long gaps between picks. Our way, at least picks are left for some others to make in their place.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:49

Could we consider a live draft?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:50

I am flexible.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:51

One might even say supple.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:51

I heard that about you Gregger.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Supple is a stretch though.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Now, Charlize is supple!
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:53

we have been lucky so far because I always take holidays in September. But this year I only have one week and it's right at the end. This one might be longer because of me. And we tried live once before and it was an epic fail! lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 13:59

Do you have another suggestion John?
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 14:05

No, I agree with Ray, just leave it.... my ugh comment was just a comment. I love drafting but this one is torture, but that is life. We just have to make sure we get through it in time for the first game! I agree with Matt that the longer we wait the better. But the longer we wait the more likely be miss week one. There is no answer imo. We just do what we normally do and hope. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that doesn't have access to pool stuff during work hours. It just might be a little slower for me this year.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 14:45

I'd be more than happy to help out in terms of texting, calling, flying, whatever it takes to move things along....
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:11

I think some red wine would help me out!
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:18

Toyota is a crap place to work for rules. No phones lineside. And I only have 30 minutes to eat at lunch. Unless you want to come work for me.... I'm screwed. lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:19

Where are Toyota's priorities?
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:23

About 40% of people quit in there first 3 years. They threaten to leave Canada if we want raises and our wages have been frozen for 7 years already... If I lived in the States I might even vote for Trump at this point. haha

They are a bunch of bullies.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:23

Nasty.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty26.08.15 15:35

Sorry John. Sounds horrible. I'll pass on the extra workload. I have enough on my plate as it is.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty28.08.15 10:45

My suggestion, hire a stunt double. Get him to work for you
you stay home drink beer and do draft
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.   Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly. Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Another offseason has come and gone ........ nearly.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter