Austausch | 

VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Fire & Fury

Number of posts : 2594
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 15:28

Okay, take a breath as this is not in reference to the Nutbars league but one of the other leagues I am involved in and am commissioner. The league is pretty much a mirror image of the Nutbars league.

We are in the process of adding/expanding the league from 10 to 12 teams. Playoffs remain the same (Cool and roster size (33) and point system are all the same pretty much. Now, the 2 new teams and the 2 non-playoff teams from this season will be selected at random to decide the order of the first four picks of the September 2017 draft.

This is how we are conducting the expansion draft for the 2 new teams.

Each existing team (10) will protect 15 players from their final rosters, leaving up to 18 players exposed from their final roster.

Each expansion team will then be able to select two players from each existing team (2x10=20) in a snake draft between the two teams, which will be determined by random selection.

Once each expansion team has selected their 20 players, the 10 existing teams will then be able to pull back 5 players that they exposed. The expansion teams will then be able to select 10-12 players from the remaining unprotected players and free agent waiver wire, giving the expansion teams 30-32 players to choose their 12+5 keeper list.

Does this sound fair? Suggestions? Comments?
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3584
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 17:19

This sounds about as fair as you're going to get. I'd been wondering how you were going to do that.

The only thing I might consider is allowing every existing team to have two layers of protection. Perhaps they can protect 3-5 players in level one that can't be touched at all (ie. McDavid, Crosby type players), and 10-12 in the second level of protection that are fair game for the expansion teams but not for the seasonal draft. In this scenario, I'd give the expansion teams 1st and 2nd pick overall, and the 9th and 10th place teams picks three and four, respectively.

Interesting dilemma.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://www.summitstudios.biz
Fire & Fury

Number of posts : 2594
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 17:44

Tweaking your suggestion a little bit, Keeping your 1st level idea but maybe changing the protected number to say 8, then the second level would allow the expansion teams only 1 selection from each team from this group, so every team would lose two players but that might make the expansion teams stronger than some existing teams. Then allow existing teams to pull back another 7.

I'll have to take a look at the final rosters of every team and see what would possibly be available to the expansion teams from every roster.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3584
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 17:53

Yeah, it's a tough call. I like the idea of making the expansion teams competitive right away, but also understand that a team with a Crosby or McDavid wouldn't want to lose that player. In the end, even if a team loses one top player each, it's for the greater good of the league.

I'll be interested to hear what you decide to do.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 19:46

I know, Ray was talking about another league.

We have had a very stable set of owners in Nutbars. Overall the happiness of the league is something to be admired. Fantasy leagues come and go, particularly internet ones. That we have had terrific longevity is to be admired. That we have had stability is to be admired. That we have not had squabbling is to be admired.

We've got a good thing going, I'm in no hurry to see expansion, as this may unbalance the happy little world that we've managed to enjoy.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   22.02.17 19:52

I like the opening expansion - to what 10 players. Probably set up so that no team loses more than two players. 10 and everyone losing two, is such nice simple easy math.

From there, I would have thought (Nutbars style) that you had an open draft - I would do this a month later?

Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION   

Nach oben Nach unten

VALUE YOUR OPINION ON A LEAGUE EXPANSION
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben 
Seite 1 von 1