Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter

Which date to begin the Slow Prospect Draft
Option One: Monday, Sept 1st to Friday, Sept 5th. Five days.
Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Vote_lcap71%Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Option Two: Wednesday, Sept 17th to Saturday, Sept 20th. Four days.
Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Vote_lcap29%Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 7

AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty
BeitragThema: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty25.08.08 16:31

I wanted to get this taken care of once and for all. Thought the best way would be to take a poll. It is a pretty nice feature on the forum:

Option One: Monday, Sept 1st to Friday, Sept 5th. Five days.

Option Two: Wednesday, Sept 17th to Saturday, Sept 20th. Four days.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty25.08.08 16:41

Hey Gregger,

Already set up a thread where managers are voting on this. For most it sounds like either date will work, with the main exception (so far) being Keegan, who is planning a camping trip in early September.

It should be noted that Jay has agreed to go with the Sept 17th to Sept 20th dates, even though he prefers the first option.

I think we just need to hear back from three guys, but I would lean heavily towards the second option if the other guys can make it work.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty26.08.08 1:06

Okay, I have heard back from Jeff and he can make the "slow" prospects draft work for Wednesday, Sept 17th to Saturday, Sept 20th. That means seven GMs are good to go on that front: me, Greg, Richard, Keegan, Butch, Jay, and Jeff.

Still have to hear back from Ray, Mike, and Eric. Mike is on vacation for a few days, so we may have to assume for him.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty26.08.08 14:29

Okay, I have just spoken with Ray and he can make Sept 17th to 20th work (even though he would prefer the earlier days).

I appreciate Ray and Jay being flexible, because checking through previous emails it looks like Eric and Keegan simply can't make the earlier dates work at all.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty27.08.08 10:11

I hate to be a pain in the ass but I'm not very confident that we'll be able to peel off 5 rounds in 4-5 days (speaking from experience)

we've all seen the speed bumps we're encountering filling up the league's final few spots -can you imagine chasing down gm's who live in different times zones and have varying real life schedules to make their pick after waiting 10 + hours for them to do so ?

and its a trickle down effect . gm's who faithfully check the board 3-4 times a day to see where the draft is at and see that it hasnt budged all day will then start checking the board 2 times a day instead of 3-4 . then , lets say the draft catches fire with its pace -you will have guys who are up /on deck saying ''I didnt think it would get to me so soon'' etc..etc.

I love slow live drafts and can handle the good days where there is alot of progress and the bad days where it doesnt move much at all

however-being pressed to get it done in 4 days and also having it rub up against our actual 25 man live draft day might be asking for trouble

I plead with ya's to start it earlier and not to put a 4-5 day window to get it done -10 days is a little more realistic
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty27.08.08 12:06

Hello to All.

Well, I must admit, Butch has never steered us wrong. He has boat loads of experience and I think we ought to respect that.

Therefore, it is with great bombastity and bravado, with great flair and fragrance that I say:

I must speak with Matt.

I believe we will have a perfect solution within the next 5 - 8 hours.

Until then my friends. Until then.

Yours, yet not yours alone

Greg
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty27.08.08 12:55

greg-matt , just to be clear -I'm not trying to be a pain and I'm not trying to push my ideas through

I'll go with whatever you decide --just dont see it getting done in 5 days let alone 4 but would gladly be proven wrong
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 2:27

I think pushing it a few days forward would be great, personally i don't reall forsee a problem with having it 5 days earlier. I'm sure everyone here logs on the internet a few times a day anyways (atleast they better!!) lol. Last trade deadline I was in China, and I managed to check the internet 5 times a day, lol.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 2:33

Hey Jay,

Actually, Gregger is on vacation from Sept 5th to Sept 16th and won't have access to email. We should be able to draft at least three rounds in the four days between the 17th and 20th, and if we need more time to draft the last round or two, we'll do it after the regular draft on the 21st.

Believe me, we've already debated endless permutations and combinations of this. We're gonna stick with this version at this point. clown
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 3:26

its cause you hate me
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 3:41

Damn ... I didn't ralize it was so easy to read my body language. What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 6:52

so if we only get 2- 3 rounds completed will there be any issues if any of us draft prospects in the 25 round round draft ?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 8:57

That's fine with me Cub master!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 12:39

Hey Butch,

Greg and I don't feel it will be an issue because the top prospects will pretty much all be gone in the first three rounds.

Do you think there could be an issue of having a prospect still available that someone would draft in the prospect draft?

Or do you have your eyes on someone you sneaky devil?

If there's a concern here, we could simply state that for this first draft, all prospect-eligible players are undraftable in the regular draft. In all future drafts, of course, it'll be a wide open field ... prospects and regular players mixed together.

Anyone who has opinion or feedback can post it here.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 13:56

I want to be able to draft a prospect if I feel like it in the 25 round draft so I wouldnt want any type of cap in that sense

however , those of us not getting a crack at sid/malk/OV we're supposed to gain the advantage back in the 5 round prospect draft .If the prospect draft goes uncomplete due to time contraint then the group loses some of that advantage dont you think ?

nobody can gurantee how long the slow live draft will take
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 14:21

Yes, I agree with you 100%.

I think if we can't finish the prospects draft before the regular draft, we should make a rule that all prospects are not eligible to be drafted during the regular draft.

Again ... it's just for this year, so we get things off on fair footing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 14:41

fitzsystars schrieb:
Yes, I agree with you 100%.

I think if we can't finish the prospects draft before the regular draft, we should make a rule that all prospects are not eligible to be drafted during the regular draft.

Again ... it's just for this year, so we get things off on fair footing.

well , 2 things

1-this would likely ensure gm's will be astute to the slow live draft process because if they are not it means theres a possibility that there may be no drafting prospects in the 25 man draft if the 5 man draft isnt completed beforehand

2-if you unfortunatley have to enforce ''no prospects allowed to be drafted in the 25 round draft because the 5 round prospect draft isnt complete rule'' then what happens to a gm if he picks a prospect in the 25 round by accident ?.

I'm assuming our definition of a prospect is someone drafted /signed by an nhl team who has played less than 25 nhl games to qualify for that status here--so if the rule is enforced --gm'sd wouldnt be allowed to draft anyone thats played 25 or less nhl games

sorry to be a pain again -but some things need clarifying before potential conflicts arise
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Or   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 14:48

we can just finish the Prospects Draft(PD)---you like that Commish?-----prior to the start of the Regular NHL draft.

Ray

The posts just keep piling up.....
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 14:58

yep , worse case scenerio I think thats a great idea Ray

everyone meet at the message board or some (random chat room ?) at a pre determined time and saw off the rest of the picks (if need be)

I'd hate to be the one to have to organize that though -but it works for me
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 15:47

works for me
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 16:33

If I might throw out a suggestion. Why do we not start the slow draft on Sept 1st and go until the 5th, then recommence on 17th and finish up whatever is left. That way we avoid that problem. I know that I myself am leaving mid-day on the 4th but we are still giving ourselves more time and thus I do not see a problem.

Thoughts?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 16:52

yah thats a good point. i think we will finish 5 rounds easy tho, aslong as everyone is checking this site regularly throughout the days
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 17:04

Starting the prospects draft on Sept 1st could work if everyone can do it.

Keegan, you were one of the main guys I was worried about in the first week of September, because you had mentioned going on a camping trip. Greg also leaves on September 4th or 5th. Not sure which.

I would be up for starting the prospects draft on Septmeber 1st if everyone else is (this is now version 1,867 of the PD). But everyone has to be willing and able...

Otherwise, perhaps we can meet online an hour before our regular draft on Sunday to polish it off. Also a possibility.

Please comment here on what works for you and/or what you would prefer.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 17:06

Hey so yeah I am leaving on the 4th but would be able to do the slow draft from the 1st through to the morning of the 4th. That should allow 2 or 3 rounds. And then after the 17th we can finish but that is my end.
I am sorry that I have caused all the problems with this. I was just opposed to one over the other but I could see both working type deal.

Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty28.08.08 17:11

No worries. You haven't caused any great inconvenience. Hell, I'd love to be camping at this type of year, but my wife and spent a month kayaking earlier this summer so we're kind of through for the season.

Let's see what everyone else has to say and we'll figure things out.

The one other limitation may be whether Mike is back from vacation. He's all paid up, but said he wouldn't be back for a little while. Not sure where he's gone. Camping, no doubt.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.   Official Poll.  Get in and Vote.  Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft. Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Official Poll. Get in and Vote. Final dates for Slow Prospect Draft.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter