Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX

Nach unten 
+4
Ice Dawgs
Fitzsy Stars
Basement Dwellers
Northern Elites
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 17:29

What about a switch to Yahoo?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 18:14

From my experience (Yahoo, ESPN, Fantrax, and no name sites), Fantrax is the best fantasy platform. With a basic account everything but draft pick trading and custom scoring periods can be done, but you have to know all the backdoors. That being said, ESPN has operated the league smoothly for some time and all managers know how to use it very well.

Premium I believe is $80/year or $8 a piece. If i’m wrong its $8-10 a person. Premium allows you to track draft picks via Fantrax (as many years as you want they claim). Ive only ever done 2 years in advance and it worked very well and I imagine upwards of 4 years would still be organized well. They can also operate the draft with their “Draft Room” function (free and premium). Premium also allows you to do custom scoring periods which helps for Allstar breaks, holidays, and potentially slow starts or finishes to a season (sometimes their default has 3 day weeks). If the league is willing to pay the premium fee it’s dramatically easier on the commissioner to run as the free version of the draft and some comissioner tools do require a strong knowledge of the platform. More or less premium can make it so the league, if setup properly, will run itself.

Both the free and payed versions allow our custom scoring, weekly adds, and bidding system. Trading of FA funds may be possible in premium.

As for ESPN vs Yahoo they are close to even. Yahoo was really bad for positions which is why I stopped using it. Players with 800+ faceoff wins would always seem to have winger status, even veterans. I think switching to Yahoo doesnt give many benefits that ESPN doesnt already offer and will just cause confusion as we all try to adjust from the changes. Before the switch you’d have to ensure it does all the functions

- Red

Oh and Dad says he supports the league using ESPN or Fantrax. He noted that with change will potentially bring more stress for Greg and Matt as not everyone will find things as easy at first, small errors in setup can cause issues, and general issues aren’t first hand knowledge like on ESPN
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 18:28

Terrific feedback Red. Thanks very much for that.
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 18:41

On my location I get a lots of adds all over the place which I do not with ESPN. I get the same on my phone app. Will take some getting used to and frustrating to those that are getting pop-ups.

Might be a good idea to continue with ESPN for the year and switch things over after the year is up. This will give everyone time to play around with it over the summer.

The one thing I noticed but it might have been because of the way I set up my test league that I created but the site only classified forwards as forwards and did not break them bone into right wing, left wing, centre. Again might just be the way I set up the test league?

More importantly when is the draft? 14th as indicated on ESPN or 19th as suggested?

Rock on😁
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 19:16

Hey Gord,

In Commissioner, League Setup, Roster...

That's where you can make the changes for position, it's at the bottom half of the page

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 19:36

Ok cool Ray......I cannot lie. I did not look that hard into it. Haha

Do you get ads on you computer? Not pop-ups but slightly annoying non the less.

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty05.09.18 19:53

No, I haven't gotten any of that. I've been fortunate. But I haven;t heard any complaints from any of the others in my league yet, but it's still early. our draft is this weekend, so I will let you know after how it went.

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty06.09.18 0:09

My instinct would be to stick with ESPN this year, and at the end of the year if we don't like it we could discuss Fantrax. As mentioned before, I like Fantrax with my other league except the fact that it doesn't work on my old desktop computer (which I prefer using).
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:38

If everyone sends me their email address where they want their Fantrax invite sent, I will set up the Fantrax site and we can look at it
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:38

I already know Steve and Chris'
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:45

Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:46

any chance we can just add our own teams in from where we are and just continue on?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:47

Yes, when we upload from ESPN, it will pull in everyone's rosters I believe as where they stand at the last pick entered in ESPN. I am not 100% sure on that though.

So in this case, John must've hit the Save Draft Results instead of just saving to his team because his Zucker pick is not included on his ESPN roster.

The first 5 picks are on the appropriate ESPN roster.

If we set up, I would need to find out from Josh how to change draft pick ownership in the Draft Room, but that can be done.

Like I said, I'll set it up and we can look at it. If we like it, we can stay, if not, we can stick with ESPN or choose another site.

I don't mind doing the legwork.

Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 16:55

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:02

Jarret - jsanders76@hotmail.com
Steve- svoutsas@yahoo.com
Chris - cattrader@hotmail.com
Greg - gregchapler@gmail.com
Gord - gordlake@gmail.com
John - johnnyalldis@gmail.com
Matt - hitchhikecanada@yahoo.ca
Ray - ray@primepucks.com
Jeff - themckees@bell.net
Brandon - ???

let me know if these are correct, those who already submitted you don't have to reply.  Mainly Matt, Greg and Jeff needs to confirm those are the addresses I can use. And of course I still need Brandon's
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:03

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:12

Brandon,

is the b j law or b I law?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:20

You should be receiving an email from Fantrax. Click on link or follow instructions.

I will finish setting up when I get home from work.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:21

Fantrax Join ID is Nutbars
Password is Nutbars2018
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:38

Thanks, Ray. I'm in!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 17:55

got email. it was bjlaw thanks
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 18:17

I ask that you please wait to select players or trade. I hope to have this done by 7:30 tonight
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 18:18

We switching to Fantrax now?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 18:19

I’m trying my best. On my way home. Inputting rosters as we speak.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty18.09.18 18:33

Just getting caught up on the action here. Amazing work Ray. Thanks so much for your effort. Looking over the site quickly, it looks good.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX   SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX - Seite 2 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

SWITCH FROM ESPN TO FANTRAX
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter