Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

late to the party....

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

late to the party.... Empty
BeitragThema: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 21:49

Whats up guys. Im Brandon from Sault Ste. Marie ON. Thought i would give a shout out to let you know ive finally arrived haha. I just signed up and am pumped for the season and our draft to start. Im just taking the time to look over all the posts and stuff in the message boards so i know exactly what is going on for the draft, and so i don't ask any questions that have already been repeated. This is a lot of stuff to take in, all in one day, but i think i pretty much got it now.I just signed up for paypal and am awaiting bank verification, then i will send my pymt right away. This looks like a good group of guys and should be a fun year. Good luck boys!

Brandon
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 21:58

welcome aboard

some weird karma at work here -I'm from northern ontario as well .

go easy on the ranger fan Ray and be nice to Charlize and you'll be fine afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Warm Welcme   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 22:00

to our newest member from the next to newest member. Smile I just want to say that I am glad to see someone who has an original logo. You should have seen what the others had up there before. It looks to me that I am the only member of this league from the United States. Oh well, there is always one person to spoil the party, eh? Also, I am the oldest one I believe. So, you see, I have a lot going for me.

Well, we are all glad to have you aboard. Just so you know.....The Commish, Greg, knows all there is to know about hockey and has already declared himself the winner. I didn't mean to offend you Matt, but I don't know if you have Commissioner status or not. Now, don't go off crying like our old friend Eric. I would begin to have a complex.

Time for me to go back to watch the Mets lose again to the Phillies..........when the hell is hockey starting??!!!

And always, ALWAYS, listen to the Commish! He is a wise man! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 22:28

Is Ray getting brownie points for suking up? tongue I'm gonna launch a full investigation if he gets the first pick in the draft. Suspect
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 22:30

Oh and by the way welcome aboard Brandon goodluck.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 22:58

Actually, Greg and I talked about it last night. Since we've been putting in so much work over the last couple of weeks, we didn't think you guys would mind if we took Crosby and Ovechkin for ourselves ... you know, as kind of a gratuity for all our hard work. lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 23:44

fitzsystars schrieb:
Actually, Greg and I talked about it last night. Since we've been putting in so much work over the last couple of weeks, we didn't think you guys would mind if we took Crosby and Ovechkin for ourselves ... you know, as kind of a gratuity for all our hard work. lol!

I don't want either of them, so go for it
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 23:48

Of course, this is providing we still get our first rounds picks....
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Since I am the old fart here....   late to the party.... Empty27.08.08 23:49

A word to the wise, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 0:12

Hey Everyone,

I see Scoop & Red just joined the forum. Welcome guys!

Red, I hear that you have to keep your pops in line sometimes. I've heard rumours that he once tried to trade your Dany Heatley for Derrick Boogard. Is that true?

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 1:26

''just so you know.....The Commish, Greg, knows all there is to know about hockey and has already declared himself the winner''

Once again an outstanding post from Ray. I was speaking (virtually that is) with Matt this a.m. suggesting that we are extremely close to generating the draft order. Our last two 'unpaid' GMs (welcome by the way to Brandon) are generating or have generated PayPal accounts and are just waiting for the green light so to say. Once Matt is in agreement I will generate the draft order which y'all will be privy to instantaneously. In light of Ray's recent post, I will do everything in my power to ensure that he receives an advantageous position in our draft.

PS Once again, I want it out in the open......I want the 10th pick. I don't have any experience with a massive snake draft of this magnitude, but I really feel tenth selection is solid.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 2:12

Personally, I like the 10th pick as well. Anyways, I'm eager to see the draft order
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 2:30

Alright Gregger, I'm all in favour of letting the draft order rip. If in doubt of official team names, use the ones accompanying the email addresses on our ESPN site. Mike is on vacation for a few days, so not sure when he'll be back to verify his rather interesting choice of team names. Sounds like he has a corporate sponsership...

Can't wait!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 9:01

I also prefer the last spot in the draft as that is where I wound up last year(we generate new draft orders randomly each year---makes it more exciting) and won the league. The year prior, the last draft spot won it also. So there must be something about having that turn spot in the order...2 quality picks back-to-back.

6th huh? I thought you said advantageous. You must like using big, fancy words. Actually, sixth is alright....kind of get to see what is going on and not too long a wait between picks.

Gooooooooooooo Nutbars!

My favorite is Baby Ruth, just as an FYI.

Post number 21.......blackjack!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Hey Jay   late to the party.... Empty28.08.08 9:03

I just love your logo....kind of says a lot! I hope your team isn't invisible as well this season.

Today is a new day....I promised yesterday to take a break from trash talking, btu I feel good today. Watch out people!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Mingling....   late to the party.... Empty29.08.08 13:27

Since I am the oldest one, let me start. I joined this league because of a post I saw on Dobber's website. So, I actually do not know anyone involved in this league. So, I was wondering, who here knows each other. I take it Greg and Matt are somehow friends. What is the connection each one of us has to this league and to each other?
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty29.08.08 14:45

Found the league on Dobber. Don't know anyone.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty29.08.08 15:34

Also found on dobber and no connection to anyone.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty30.08.08 0:44

Good morning Gentlemen.

Once again, a very high quality post from Ray. Matt and I are strangers who happened to both submit our resume and photo into the website:

co-commisionaleaguewithsomeonewholives9timezonesaway.com

Out of thousands of possible matches, I selected him. In his submission photo he was wearing nothing save a midnight smokey deep dusky blue Speedo which appeared to be felt lined, and he was holding up what appeared to be a spreadsheet of some sort. He portrayed an air of absolute authority and dare I say alpha male dominance. Something I simply could not resist.

Greg
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty30.08.08 14:00

Shucks. It's nice to know the image I've been spending so much time cultivating is finally bearing fruit....

lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: late to the party....   late to the party.... Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

late to the party....
Seite 1 von 1