Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Playoff Ceding

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 1:23

Well, the regular season for the Nutbars du Canucks is officially over and the playoffs are about to begin. There have been many interesting and fun-filled moments for me this season, and I expect everyone has a few tales to tell. Perhaps I will leave some of those ramblings for another thread.

What concerns us now is the PLAYOFFS! I have eagerly been anticipating this moment from the beginning of the season. Greg and I checked the ESPN standings and these are the official match-ups.

#1 -- Fitzsy Stars vs. #8 -- Soo Storm

#2 -- Vandelay Industries vs. #7 -- The Omnipresence

#3 -- Desolation Row vs. #6 -- Motley Crue

#4 -- Small Town Dynasty vs. #5 -- Arthur Tigers

It's too bad Ray and Jay can't join us, but in consolation they have just won the Tavares and Hedman sweepstakes. I have to be frank, I was routing for Ray to stay ahead of Brandon in the final stretch because I have his first round draft pick, and Hedman would have looked awfully nice skating beside Green. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 2:29

I am looking forward to this matchup against the Tigers. I'm calling it now, whoever wins it is going to the Finals!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 8:00

I like your spirit Joel! I am not sure how Matt will feel about your call however.

Gonna be great fun to watch!

G
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 13:47

I can see it. I think I may have used up all my luck for the comeback during the regular season. Should be a nailbiter!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 15:44

I'm happy I got first overall. But I would have traded Tavares for a shot in the playoffs. Money vs Prospect. I'll take cash everytime.

Good luck to everyone!!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 16:27

Good luck to everyone (except Mike cause if anyone needs luck in this match-up it is me).

Congrats on a great year everyone and congrats on the regular season title Matt.

-Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 17:44

good luck in the next few guys....
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 18:38

keegan were going to start the playoffs with a bang! #1 and #2 knocked out? i think so haha
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 19:13

i wish there were more than 1 game tonight to kick off our playoffs!!! geez
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 19:54

hippy_oiler_fan schrieb:
Good luck to everyone (except Mike cause if anyone needs luck in this match-up it is me).

Congrats on a great year everyone and congrats on the regular season title Matt.

-Keegan

Thanks, Keegan. If you'd been spared a couple of key injuries you would have been right up there competing for first, too.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty02.03.09 20:58

Thanks for the kind words Matt - The injuries sure make a difference.
That and if I hadn't of been drunk and traded away Brodeur - oh well should make your matchup with Brandon more interesting (and how was I to predict he would come back and have two shutouts in one week scratch ) hindsight is 20/20 they say.
Mind you he only has two games this week which should make it interesting for sure Smile

-Keegan

P.S. I was not drunk and I am happy with the deal but damn it TWO shutouts!!! Shocked
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty03.03.09 10:26

Poolies,

SCOOP n RED are in the building! (yeah okay... tough shit)

Sorry, been very busy for some time now and things won't be improving for a very, very long time. Teena was laid off at work, so in these times with jobs hard to find, she's moved into the office with me. (no more goofing off!). I am targeting a 65% increase in sales for the coming year... that means... work your butt off. Then she won't have to go back to the factory. We've been working very hard for a month now. This also means I haven't been devoting nearly as much time/thought to hockey pools. Things are going all right too. We would have achieved part of our goal during the month, but it'll be a long tough battle. Anyway.

Good luck... no good games! Hoping for some ill luck for all you fellows and some good luck in the playoffs for the Tigers!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty03.03.09 16:20

hippy_oiler_fan schrieb:
Thanks for the kind words Matt - The injuries sure make a difference.
That and if I hadn't of been drunk and traded away Brodeur - oh well should make your matchup with Brandon more interesting (and how was I to predict he would come back and have two shutouts in one week scratch ) hindsight is 20/20 they say.
Mind you he only has two games this week which should make it interesting for sure Smile

-Keegan

P.S. I was not drunk and I am happy with the deal but damn it TWO shutouts!!! Shocked

I feel your pain, my friend. I'm not really looking forward to facing Brodeur this round, but at least he only has two games this week.

Through the trade you were able to make your team younger, which is a good thing!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty03.03.09 16:22

scoopNred schrieb:
Poolies,

SCOOP n RED are in the building! (yeah okay... tough shit)

Sorry, been very busy for some time now and things won't be improving for a very, very long time. Teena was laid off at work, so in these times with jobs hard to find, she's moved into the office with me. (no more goofing off!). I am targeting a 65% increase in sales for the coming year... that means... work your butt off. Then she won't have to go back to the factory. We've been working very hard for a month now. This also means I haven't been devoting nearly as much time/thought to hockey pools. Things are going all right too. We would have achieved part of our goal during the month, but it'll be a long tough battle. Anyway.

Good luck... no good games! Hoping for some ill luck for all you fellows and some good luck in the playoffs for the Tigers!

SCOOP

Hey Scoop, thanks for checking in with us. I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying some success with the sales ... completely understandable that you don't have as much time as before.

Good luck in the playoffs, my friend. Looks like we have the potential to meet up in the second round. Some tough battles before getting there, however.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty03.03.09 16:34

Since I have nothing to really talk about on this forum, I have to point out that you spelt "seeding' wrong. The only way that term "Playoff Ceding" would be appropriate is in this sentence; Mr. Jonium's Rink Rats chose playoff ceding rather than subject itself to humiliating defeat.

At least I have Charlize to comfort me.

Good luck to all you winners out there!

LOL

Razor
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty03.03.09 17:13

LOL. Thanks for the clarification Ray. I'm a writer, so I should know better. confused
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Playoff Ceding Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Playoff Ceding   Playoff Ceding Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Playoff Ceding
Seite 1 von 1