Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

New Keeper league, please read

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast

New Keeper league, please read Empty
BeitragThema: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 1:47

I'm posting this with the permission of Greger, I know I've asked you guys earlier on in the season to evaluate a league I was reviving, it was a salary cap league and with some of your suggestions I've switched it back and it is somewhat similar to this league with a few rule changes and major differences. Well now I'm asking if anyone wants to join, I need 2 more positions filled, we seem to have 7 other guys who are ready to go and eager!

Its a 10 team league like this one, and the scoring is very similar. Except with a few differences:

For skaters: G (5 points), A (5), PIM (0.3), Shots (0.2), Hit (0.2), Block shot (0.2) +/- (1)
For goalies: W (7 points), SO (7), Saves (0.2), GA (-1)

The farm system is different as well with 10 farm team positions, however they can not be used in your starting lineup unless you call them up. They may remain on your farm team until the following season where they have reached 82 NHL regular season games. I find it really helps in keeping a flow of players on your team where you aren't forces to spend a keeper spot on a rookie who played 26 games and who HAS potential to be a very good player down the line. With the 82 game mark with most prospects you'll be able to "develop" them and have time.

And as for the pro team roster:
Three (3) centers, Three (3) left wingers, Three (3) right wingers, Five (5) forwards, Five (5) defense, two (2) goalies, Seven (7) benched players. PLUS Three (3) open spots to facilitate 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 (etc..)

Well basically if you are interested you can go to www.hockeypool.smfforfree.com and have a look at the league rules. Like i said, they are very similar to the layout of this league with a few changes (I even used the manifesto here as a template to make sure I covered all the needed details seeing as how this league was so smooth this year). Anyways, check it out, the draft starts July 1st with the prospect draft first and then the main draft starts right after that. Its 60 dollars per person, if you guys want to buddy up with someone, you can and split 30 a piece. No worries, I just need all payments by June 15th to ensure we don't have any last minute drama!

Again, thanks Greg for letting me post this here!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 16:17

Looks like fun!

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't join any more keeper leagues aside from potentially one with some guys in my own city for a change.

Best of luck with it!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 17:23

Yeah I remember you saying that you had way too many leagues. I had about 20 leagues last season, I over did it. So I'm doing this one, and my league I have posted here, thats it for me this year. But thanks, I'm oping the remaining spots can fill up within the next few days or I'll just post on dobbers.

I want to get it all done before June starts because I want to discuss the league payouts with everyone in my league. I might do 2 money spots in the regular season, and then a playoff winner. Like out of a pool of 600 dollars make the 1st place team get 250, 2nd place gets 100, and then the playoff winner gets 250 as well. Seeing as how the season is so long it sucks for the 2nd place team to get nothing. And in the NHL playoffs, the team that loses in the Cup finals gets nothing, so why should the loser of a playoff pool get something.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 18:27

Sounds like a good payout system Jay - perhaps something to consider for this league?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 19:06

Perhaps, I know Greg said he wanted to have a look into the payouts, however its up to them in the end. I had a few suggestions during the season, and none of the flew with anyone, lol. So I stopped suggesting things. I'll just go with the flow!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 19:07

20 leagues?!!? Wow.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 19:11

Yeah, lol 18 of those were one year free leagues, while the other 2 were money one year leagues. No more, lol.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 21:03

Actually Jay I believe such changes would be up to everyone in the league. In the manifesto it says any managers can be submitted for the league to vote on over the summer before our next draft.

League Changes: Every year, prior to draft, owners can submit proposals for rule adjustments or additions. Majority vote of six to four ACCEPTS proposed changes.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 21:23

Yeah, I know, when I proposed them, they were pretty much as feelers. I knew that we wouldn't change them on the spot. But the reaction to most of the ideas was clear. I was not mad or anything. I just think that maybe I might be too radical in my thinking with regards to changes. Like the prospect layout I have in my league (not the player count, but the game count) is something I thought of addressing here, but said screw it, it probably won't fly cause it changes the dynamics of the league.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty18.05.09 21:34

That's exactly right, Keegan. I think a few suggestions were thrown out during last season, but as a group we decided to stick with things until the summer. I'll start a separate thread where everyone can post their suggestions.

As far as actual changes go, we'll have to look at the suggestions and figure out which ones make the most sense for our league. I haven't spoken in great detail with Greg about this yet, but I expect we'll pick two or three every year and put the suggestions up for a vote before the new season begins. What we'll try to achieve here is a democracy of slow change. We don't want to change things too quickly. However, this league belongs to everybody and as much as possible we want to be responsive to new ideas.

As for next year's prize structure, please see the separate thread specific to that.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty19.05.09 0:18

indeed, and like I said, I feel that my ideas are too radical, and I enjoy this league as well, so no need for me to speak up on certain subjects. I however wanted to not mention anything because I don't want to look like I'm trying t change the league to my desires. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty19.05.09 3:22

We love having you as part of this league, Jay. We'd love to hear and discuss your suggestions, though perhaps your more radical ideas can be initiated for your new pool. The best of both worlds?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty19.05.09 15:25

Jay the league sounds like a good one! however like joel i wont join another hockey keeper league unless its with friends in my city that i know. After this league all other online leagues look like *%^. It would be like dating Charlize and trading her in for Roseanne Barr hahaha.

Seriously though great league, great guys!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty19.05.09 17:32

That's hilarious Brandon! Great analogy! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty22.05.09 10:05

Rosy Posy, puddin and pie,
Loves to kiss the boys...
And make them cryyyyyyyy.
When the boys
All run away.....
Rosy Posy says...
You'll never have my PAY DAY.

Might be worth giving Rosy a day or two or your attention boys! She's certainly no Marie Osmond though...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: New Keeper league, please read   New Keeper league, please read Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

New Keeper league, please read
Seite 1 von 1