Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Prize Money Payout Structure

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Prize Money Payout Structure Empty
BeitragThema: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty18.05.09 21:37

Hey Everyone,

The prize money payout structure was something that a number of GMs raised during the year and I can almost assure everyone that it will change for next year. I did speak more specifically with Greg about this and he had some great ideas that I think reflected some of the feedback we'd been hearing from others.

The basic structure he suggested was this:

Winner of regular season -- $150
Winner of playoffs -- $150

This would leave $300 that he suggested splitting five ways and awarding for five different reasons. Here are some options:

1. Second place during regular season
2. Second place during playoffs
3. Longest winning streak
4. Most fantasy points in one week
5. Most fantasy points in one night
6. Biggest comeback in a one week period

So these are just a few ideas. Please let us know what you think, and if you have any other ideas regarding prize money payout structure for next year.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 0:25

I personally like the structure I mentioned in my thread. I feel that for winning a season and getting just a shade over double you money would kinda take away some of the fun, winning money is always great but I can't see some people committing so much time for only 2.25 of what they put in. I know I would simply because I love fantasy hockey, but a bigger prize at the end ensures that people stay interested

The ideas you listed are really cool, I think it would be effective in a 15+ team league where the prize pool is bigger and there is more money to go around leaving more people with empty pockets. With this structure that's suggested almost everyone can come out even at seasons end. Kinda hurts the guys who place on top. Second place in a season should pay simply because its such a long battle, and you don't want people fighting for the middle position in a playoff run, you want that drive for second in case 1st is unreachable.

We could probably have a few extra bonuses like longest winning streak, or something like highest scorer (in pts). But I'd rather then see every GM chip in an extra 6 dollars so that the winner of that gets his 60 bucks back but it doesn't take away from the prize pool of finishing on top.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 2:49

I personally do like the second place in playoffs and/or regular season idea.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 3:31

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Is $150 for the regular season and playoffs too little? Should we make sure it's a bit more?

Another possible prize structure if we want the grand prizes to be a little bit more:

Winner of the Regular Season -- $200
Winner of the Playoffs -- $200

Then four awards of $50 each for some of the options I suggested above.

As well, one should not forget that just because the prize money is being split up a little bit more (in either of these options) doesn't mean the overall winner(s) wouldn't claim some of the smaller prizes, too. It just means there's more of a chance for other teams to win some money as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 11:08

i like $200 for 1st place in playoffs and season. $75 for 2nd place in playoffs and season. and then $25 bonuses for most points in one night, and most points in one week.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 12:50

We're getting quite a variety of opinion here. lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 14:38

My view on anything less than 60 dollars for any prize is that if its less than 60 dollars, forget about giving it out simply because its better off going to one of the top teams than having a person win >60 meaning they still come out with less cash then they put in. The argument here is "Some money is better than no money." I dont think that applies in fantasy leagues. Why rob one of the better teams in the league of some cash and give it to another team to which it isn't even enough to cover the buy in for next season?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 15:19

to me giving a team $60 for the most points in one night or the most points in a week etc is way too much. it takes away big time from the major winners. however i do like the idea of getting a cash prize for these two ideas.

Matt and Greg i think you guys should break it down by polls

I.E.

1) do you want 2nd place in the regular season to get cash back?

2) do you want 2nd place in the season to get cash back?

3) do you want other awards (i.e. most points in one night and in one week, longest winning streak) to be given money

from there we can determine the dollar amounts but as Jay said the big chunk of cash needs to go to the winners, and 2nd place cash must be enough to cover the buy-in.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty19.05.09 18:34

Yeah a poll might not be too bad of an idea.

I'm not a big fan of the sort of random prizes for weekly high scores etc.

Might be a neat thing to include in a sort of Hall of Fame for posterity, but I'd like to see the cash go to the guys who have done their homework and built a team for the long haul.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 10:10

Lots of good thoughts.

I prefer that we go

1st $200
2nd $100

in regular season/playoff

Perhaps

1st $200
2nd $75
3rd $25

When you recognize things like top positions, winning streaks... the money goes to the same guys again-and-again.

I like to see things spread around. A half dozen guys getting a little something is the best plan... I don't think these pools are really about the money. Least wise, that's never been my motivation.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 10:19

PRIDE....it's all about the pride!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 12:59

Hell, I'm taking my wife to Europe this summer on this year's hockey pool winnings. Whose to say it isn't about the money!? What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 13:39

Yikes. Looks like I joined the wrong league with Mr Hockeymoneybags here! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 15:12

lol, Matt, the 600 bucks won't cover a week's stay at a hotel! God damn Euros!!! I'm going over to England for 2 weeks in July and I'm working out my ass to cover for the stay!!! God damn British Pounds!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 15:15

Yeah, Europe is bloody expensive alright!

But I actually won prize money in two other pools as well, which will net me about $1,200 total. That will handily cover my airfare at least.

And I'm sure mentioning this in the forum will only make each and every one of you want to kick my ass all the more next year. What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty22.05.09 15:18

lol, nice job. I used my winnings from three other pools to pay for my school books for this winter's semester!! lol, I'd rather spend it on something more enjoyable. I want to be out of school already!!!!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Prize Money Payout Structure   Prize Money Payout Structure Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Prize Money Payout Structure
Seite 1 von 1