Teilen | 

midway mark of the season

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Soo Storm

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: midway mark of the season   07.12.09 14:27

Well we have reached the half way point of the regular season and no doubt we have had our fair share of surprises. It seems like last week most teams looked like themselves from last year. Mike, Joel, and Scoop got the W’s showing why they finished in the top half of the standings. Also Matt’s team was looking like the Stars of old putting up a new record of 296.7 points and that was with OV out of the lineup!! Yikes, watch out! It also funny to note that if Ray and Scoop would have played each other this week, we would have seen the first TIE in Nutbars history. Or if I played either of their teams I would have lost by 0.3 points and probably would not have a computer anymore because I would have thrown it out my window lol.

Very interesting week ahead of us with some big matchups. Myself and Keegan will be battling it out for top spot. I actually need to win in order to have a chance at the tie breaker. We also play each other again for the 3rd time in week 20, wouldn’t it be something to have it come down to the final Sunday of the season with the two top teams facing each other. Im sure there are a bunch of you that are going to try your hardest to make sure that doesn’t happen Very Happy . And by us facing each other two more times it really opens it up for some other teams. We also got the battle of former top dogs in the league Mike and Matt.

So far it’s been another great season and with the snow starting to come down it’s only a matter of time before the best part of the year is here; World Juniors, Holidays, and the midseason Draft!

Good luck the rest of the way boys!
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Desolation Row
Admin

Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   07.12.09 16:19

Great spirit Brandon.

Looking at the standings I am going to really have to hustle to keep myself out of the basement this season. Stiff competition!
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3585

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   08.12.09 2:38

It has been a fantastic season, despite the less than stellar performance by my team. I've really been enjoying the competition, and I look forward to the mid-season draft and some surprises in the second half.

The playoffs should also be very interesting!
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://www.summitstudios.biz
Jason

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 24.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   08.12.09 6:46

Soo Storm schrieb:
Or if I played either of their teams I would have lost by 0.3 points and probably would not have a computer anymore because I would have thrown it out my window lol.

No joke. In my other league one team won by .1. It came down to Sunday night at the last second where Kovalev rung a shot off with seconds left on the clock so the winning team recieved .2 pts vaulting him in the lead and the win. To top it all off, these two guys were tied for first place in the league!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   08.12.09 13:22

This is what fantasy hockey is all about. These types of match-ups are pure GOLD!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1342
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   08.12.09 14:08

The Arthur Tigers hope their smoke & mirrors continue! Great defence.... has been key to their success. Thanks for going easy on us fellows! Please continue to enter a less than stellar lineup fellows. It is appreciated.

Grumble, grumble. Great defence and we're -35.... grumble, grumble...

Six seasons into this process the Tigers intend to take out MIKE SILLINGER'S all time minus record... (I think SILLY missed out by a couple of minuses for the All-Time NHL record. Unlike the others on the All-Time list, he didn't have a season of -50 to -80. He was a steady boy for 15 years!)
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   10.12.09 0:18

Those minuses will kill you every time. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: midway mark of the season   

Nach oben Nach unten