Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Keeper Date and September Draft

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Keeper Date and September Draft Empty
BeitragThema: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty23.05.10 15:37

Hello to all. Matt and I were talking not too long ago about fixing a Keeper Date and also firming up things for the September Draft. I am not entirely sure about the exact dates that we fixed things last year but the Keeper Date was relatively early as we started a slow draft that was also quite early. I would like to strongly suggest this year doing a Live Draft. Last years slow draft nearly killed me. It just ate up so much time. Too much time. A Live Draft is a few intense hours of full action where we can all be drunk at the same time. We could do it on the forum fairly easily and I think it would be a blast. If we did a Live Draft we could fix it rather late in September and also bump up our Keeper Date a bit later as well. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. The only trick with a Keeper Draft is having everyone available at the same time. It is possible though.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty23.05.10 15:43

Once, or rather if, we are all in agreement on the Live Draft, I will send out an email to everyone with Doodle so we can painlessly set the date of said Live Draft. I am not sure if anyone has used Doodle before but it is a clever little program that will make juggling everyone's work/private schedules a snap.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty23.05.10 21:05

I believe when the league was first formed, that everyone agreed to keep the third Saturday of September open for our live draft but that last year everyone was anxious to get going so we made adjustments to hte dates.

So I think the 3rd Saturday is a good one.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty23.05.10 21:06

How long will the live draft take? And what time is the proposal?

It looks like I work Saturdays now, but can maybe be flexible with enough notice.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty23.05.10 22:37

I am always flexible sso whatever everyone comes up with, I most likely will be fine with.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 0:05

Greg and I are not saying that a slow draft will never happen again, but after talking between ourselves we both decided that this year is not a good year for another slow draft. Greg has a full-time job and two active young boys at home and I am ramping things up considerably with my business this fall in anticipation of taking the first seven months of 2011 off to travel around the world with my one and only (that's my wife Stacey, not Greg). Basically, I willing be putting together author tours not only for myself, but two other authors, meaning that August/September is going to be incredibly hectic.

As for a date, I think we should stick with the third weekend of September as the original manifesto stipulated. Doesn't matter to me if it's the Saturday or the Sunday, but let's stick with that weekend otherwise it's going to get too complicated trying to "be flexible." There's more than enough time for everyone to work that into their schedule I would think.

So ... please let us know here which you would prefer: Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks for your understanding good chaps!

Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 0:11

As for the keeper selection date, I believe the manifesto stipulates that it is one week prior to the date of the September draft.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 0:56

I'm not sure which day would be best, so I guess I'll just go with whatever is chosen.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 7:54

i'm ok with either day.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 9:06

Seems like Saturday might work out better for me. I suspect that it might be the middle of the night for me, so it would be better if I did not have to work that next morning.........
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 10:50

OK, then let's stick with the Saturday. That was what was in the manifesto when everyone joined the league anyway. That would definitely not be good doing a draft and then having to go to work right away.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 11:24

I think we should all do it in the middle of the night so that Greg can have it during the day!

A sleep deprivation draft might be interesting...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 14:08

If its going to be a saturday, it'll probably have to be for after 6pm. I'm currently slated to work on every saturday in september from 10-6 PM.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 14:51

Hey Guys, I'm good for whenever we decide as a group, i'm usually free, or can make myself free, my new job requires some travel but every hotel has internet so it should not be an issue.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 14:56

Just like every night, has it's daw-aw-aw-awn.
Just like every cowboy, sings his sad, sad song
Every hotel has its 'net
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 15:41

Clever Ray. This league would not be the same without you I must say.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 15:42

One note concerning the draft: I intend to be moderately inebriated. Is everything spelled correctly there?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 16:52

I will be conducting my draft from the karaoke bar on 23rd St singing all Billy Joel songs pre-Christine Brinkley era.

I'll throw in a love song from tine to time from Chicago in their later period.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty24.05.10 23:14

The time line is so far out, that I have no idea what my responsibilities will be come that time. I coach a minor hockey team. Generally we don't have any games in September, but we're practising. Thus, I could be assigned a practise time slot, right in the middle of the draft. Head coaches are expected to be at practise...

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty25.05.10 0:51

If that is the case Scoop, I will be happy to make your selections for you Smile

Ray...........I will meet you at the karaoke bar if that is OK with you.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty25.05.10 9:43

Do your vocal practices my friend because I have a mean voice. And I don't mean that in a good way.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty26.05.10 13:49

Hopefully it will work out for you Scoop. Not sure what the alternative is at this point, other than to pick a date as far in advance as possible.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty26.05.10 18:43

i cant plan that far ahead... but im sure i will be able to work with whatever is chosen
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty09.07.10 2:43

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the 3rd Saturday of September is our draft date. I have another 2 drafts I am currently setting up as well so want to be sure I don't have any conflicts if possible, but wanted to set this date in stone first.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty09.07.10 15:37

Sounds good Joel. I am good with that. 3rd Saturday in September.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper Date and September Draft   Keeper Date and September Draft Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Keeper Date and September Draft
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter