Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Draft pick trading question

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast

Draft pick trading question Empty
BeitragThema: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 17:21

I think we should set up a guideline for trading draft picks. Because things could get out of hand if I offer my 1st round selection in 2012 and a 2nd rounder in 2010.

Do you think maybe we should have a 2-3 year span for trade pick trading? As en example we can trade our January 09 picks all the way to our summer 2010 picks?

And another thing, we should have a thread listing everyone's draft picks for the next 2 years as a reference incase we start getting into trading them
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 17:40

yeah, I don't think ESPN allows for draft pick trading. Is that right Gregger?

If that's the case, we'll have to do all of this manually. The best option would probably be to post a master list on the forum under the "trades" section. Greg and I should also keep a master list on an Excel spreadsheet, so that we can send the most up-to-date list to everyone prior to each draft.

I also like your idea with regards to limiting it to 2-3 years. How does everyone else feel about this? WOuld you prefer a two year draft pick trading limit? Or a three yar limit?

Post your vote in this thread and we'll make a decision from there.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 17:51

We've never limited pick trading in the other pool inwhich I play. The last couple of years have seen the picks being traded over a three year period. The odd pick in the fourth year. Just three picks per team in this Dynasty setup. With this pool, and redrafting every year.... well, I don't know how inclined people will be to trade their picks. Three years should suffice.

What would happen if someone traded EVERY PICK they had in the draft for next summer? Would they get to draft a whole bunch of guys at the end of the draft? Are they just out of luck?

What happens to the guys that have to release the most players? Do they get to pick a few more guys at the end of the draft?

SCOOP n RED
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 18:36

I wouldnt even allow picks beyond the nearest draft to be traded until we get at least season 1 under our belt

i.e , 2009 picks for 09 summer dft can be traded this season --not 2010 and forward

if we lose an owner due to lack of interest it would suck for a new guy coming aboard not to have draft picks due to someone elses incompetence.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 18:48

Very true Butch. It would royally suck to find out your team has been sucked dry and you now have to rebuilt with a bunch of draft picks
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 19:09

Yeah, I think what Butch says makes sense for the first year. I am not worried that anybody is going to quit after this year, because the rules we have in place will help them to rebuild faster and start contending again sooner.

Nevertheless, I vote that for this first year we can only trade:

1) Picks from the five rounds of our January 2009 supplemental draft.

2) Picks from the top five rounds of our September 2009 draft.

I say we limit the picks from our September drafts to the first five rounds for now. If anybody is crazy enough to trade away all their top five picks, they'll simply have to fill the minimum number of roster spots with the leftovers at the end.

For example, if Team A trades away all five picks from the first five rounds of the Sept 2009 draft, they will be forced to wait until the sixth round to make their first pick. If at the end of the draft they are still short roster players, they will have to fill their roster spots with the leftovers. If there is more than one manager in this situation, they would alternate picks as per the standings.

Personally, I'm hoping nobody is crazy enough to do that.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 19:17

Hey Scoop,

I'm not sure I answered your question with that last post. With the cascading feature, some GMs will obviously be picking more players to fill roster spots than other GMs.

For example:

Team A keeps 10
Team B keeps 14

Both teams would begin the draft in round one, of course, but Team A would keep picking into later rounds than Team B because they have more roster spots to fill.

Bottom Line: Every GM starts every hockey season with twenty five roster players and five farm team players. For GMs that keep more players, they would not have as many rounds of the draft to complete.

We did this on purpose so as to give the lower placed teams a bit of an advantage for rebuilding. This cascading feature is designed to place a few limits on the top teams (just like a salary cap) so it's not as easy to build a lonig term dynasty.

Hope this explanation helps!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 19:25

Matt,

That makes sense for a whole bunch of reasons. It's good to know that every fills out 25+5 every year.

Thanks
SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 19:30

Matt,

Better set up a vote for the pick movement. Go with your 5 and 5 theory. One year limit. Change in ownership is likely to occur most frequently over the first few years. The other pool I'm in, everyone has been there for 6-15 years now. Only four franchises ever changed ownership. Then they changed ownership a couple of times each. The first year, one or two were in and out. That's how it goes.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 20:09

No worries, Scoop. I'm pretty confident in our group to follow through, but I guess you never know. I'll put a vote to the group for my five and five rule.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 20:43

I'd be more inclined to limit the draft picks to this year, but not just the top 5 rounds.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty22.09.08 21:06

Hey Jay,

Thanks for being a bit more specific regarding the limitations. Lets see what everyone else has to say and then we'll go from there.

Considering the cascading feature on our league, some GMs may only have ten draft rounds, so that's the absolute most we would want to deal with. If everybody is on board with this general idea to limit the draft picks to 2009 for now, we could potentially increase the number to the first ten rounds.

Again, let's see what everyone else has to say first and then we can broach your request for a slight adjustment.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Draft pick trading question   Draft pick trading question Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Draft pick trading question
Seite 1 von 1