Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Limitations for Trading Draft Picks

Nach unten 
2 verfasser

Should we limit Draft Pick Trading this year?
Yes
Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Vote_lcap88%Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
No
Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Vote_lcap12%Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 8

AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty
BeitragThema: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty22.09.08 20:33

Hello Everyone,

As you may have already noticed, we've been discussing the limitations on trading draft picks for this first year. Being a new league we don't want to bite off more than we can chew for the first go around, so this will help us ease into things a little more slowly.

Talking things over with some of the vets, Butch, Scoop and I seem to think limiting draft pick trades to the following is in order for this first year:

1) Picks from the five rounds of our January 2009 supplemental draft.

2) Picks from the top five rounds of our September 2009 draft.

And if anybody is crazy enough to trade away all their top five picks in the Sept 2009 draft, they'll simply have to fill the minimum number of roster spots with the leftovers at the end of the draft.

For example, if Team A trades away all five picks from the first five rounds of the Sept 2009 draft, they will be forced to wait until the sixth round to make their first pick. If at the end of the draft they are still short roster players, they will have to fill their roster spots with the leftovers. If there is more than one manager in this situation, they would alternate picks as per the standings.

How does this sound to everyone? Please vote above.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty23.09.08 12:11

Not trying to be contrary. Setting a limit is fine, particularly for the first year. Limiting to the trading of the five picks in the January draft and 5 picks in the summer draft, fine. I don't think we should say that those picks must be in the first five rounds in the summer draft. Nothing wrong with someone moving a later pick instead of their first rounder. I'd also suggest that we simply say that they must retain five picks, whether they are their own or someone else's, at all times.

In the longer picture, people may want to plan a year down the road for a powerful rebuild. Thus after we go through the first year, we'll likely want to allow things to open up. Top and bottom of the league will start to form. At the moment we are all relatively equal.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty23.09.08 15:45

Hey Scoop,

Yeah, one of the other GMs brought up your point about not limiting the trading of Sept 2009 draft picks to just the first five rounds.

However, I think we should limit it to no more than ten rounds because the lower placed teams will keep up to 14 players (plus up to two extra farm prospects), so that means there may not be more than ten rounds for them.

I also like your idea about making sure GMs have at least five Sept 2009 picks in their possession at all times. Will be a little tougher to enforce, but it's a decent guideline to aim for if we lay down the rule.

Looks like most people agree with the limitations for the first year, so once we hear from everybody I will send out an email with the final parameters.

If anybody else has thoughts on this subject, please share them in this thread. Greg and I want to hear everyone out and then we'll make a final decision.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty23.09.08 16:00

Okay, say must retain 6 draft picks in the opening 11 rounds of the 2009 Summer Draft.

(You could have five of my picks then, and none of your own. It doesn't force managers to move their higher picks, because that is the only choice. It assures a long term competitive balance for all franchises.)

The major flaw in this proposal is someone could retain five 11th rounders. The good news though, is it's just one year they would be in this situation.

Eventually, we are forced to allow the owners to manage! I suspect these thoughts are not necessary.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty23.09.08 21:42

I accidently voted no. I meant yes.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Limitations for Trading Draft Picks   Limitations for Trading Draft Picks Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Limitations for Trading Draft Picks
Seite 1 von 1