Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty
BeitragThema: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 9:48

MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Fullsc42
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 9:55

Hi kids. Thought I would take the liberty of posting the mid season draft summary. Always good fun. It will be great to see which of the players above has the greatest impact the rest of the way. T.Thomas perhaps? For me, I am most interested to see if PMueller finds his way back this year. I think that it is doubtful, but I could not resist the potential.

I wonder if everyone was happy about the mid season draft? Could we somehow do it better? There are lots of options of course. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but found it rather time consuming especially considering that it was done over one of the busiest times of year........Christmas. One possibility that I would be very open to is to consider a Live Draft next time. A five round draft would be done in a jiffy. Another possibility would be to eventually replace the midseason draft with a certain number of free agent pickups over the course of the season. That might be fun. Of course, there have been future mid season draft picks involved in trades and we would have to wait for them to run their course. Anyways, just looking for thoughts on how we can improve things.........

Happy early New Years to all!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 14:04

Thanks for putting this together Gregger. You've been doing an awesome job keeping up the weekly summaries, and then posting updates on the midseason draft was a huge help for everyone.

I've now been in a couple of leagues that utilize waiver wire pick-ups and I have to say that it's not the best format. It tends to reward those managers who are less busy and punish those managers who don't have as much time. Plus, I think that despite the challenges of holding a midseason draft it does create a level of excitement that is palpable in the league.

One other option would be to hold two mini mid-season drafts of two or three rounds each. One could take place in late November an the other around the all-star break in late January. This could mean a build-up of excitement a couple of times a year.

However, considering draft picks from Jan 2012 have already been traded, we probably wouldn't be able to implement this until fall 2012/winter 2013.

If we decide to stick with one midseason draft, it might be easier to hold it early in January instead of over the busy holiday season. I believe we did that the first year and it went a little better.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 16:30

Greg has done an awesome job, as well as you Matt. The mid-season draft should remain status quo but probably is best held a week or two after the Christmas Holiday Season. Trying to organize 2 mini-mid-season drafts instead of 1 would be a pain to setup and to get everyone on board to be around to draft, IMHO.

I like the slow draft only if everyone could agree to be on more diligently and get it done in 2 days I don;t think it would be too much to ask.

Otherwise, awesome league with awesome members, awesome posts and awesome co-commissioners! AWESOME!
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 17:42

I felt the mid season draft was fine for me. 5 rounds done in a week at Christmas was good I thought. Would like to see that for the September draft. That 6 or 7 hours killed me. But I would like to back Greg's Suggestion of pickups rather then mid season draft. 5 per season would definitley add some excitement I think and although those with more time may have a bit of an advantage I feel they will run out of those 5 moves fast and those that don't spend much time on it will still have them in the end. Keeping moves to a low number can really build excitement. And we could possibly trade moves... They have real value in other leagues.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 18:21

Thanks Ray for the compliment! Good thoughts John and Matt. Keep them coming!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty30.12.10 19:11

Arthur Tigers prefer slow drafts. I never know what my schedule holds (Sept to Mar) until very close to the time period. I suppose I could quit coaching! Slow draft fits my schedule much better. I must admit, I'm paranoid in regard to what I would do in the event I had a conflict I couldn't schedule around. The idea of the annual draft being done by someone else for me, has little appeal. A coach doesn't skip his teams first practise of the year. This coach doesn't skip any event.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY   MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

MIDSEASON DRAFT SUMMARY
Seite 1 von 1