Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

I just mock drafted.....

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast

I just mock drafted..... Empty
BeitragThema: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty23.08.08 12:36

I joined a random espn mock draft for the heck of it and was blown away with how nice their live draft set up is --it blows yahoo out of the water

you guys will be equally impressed I'm sure.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Great news!!!   I just mock drafted..... Empty23.08.08 14:37

Well, that really is good news Butch. Can't wait to try it out. Did you have any troubles finding players? How did it work when the time ran out?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty24.08.08 9:25

it was against espn robots and a few random strangers so they made their picks within seconds of being their turn -I suspect when we draft many of us will use the entire 60 seconds to make our pick unless we're 100% sure who we want at the time

it is pretty easy to find players --and if you get stuck and cant find someone you think should be ranked higher you can type into a search box to find him and he will appear --then just clik on him to become your pick etc --this was something I tried often during the mock draft just to see how reliable and efficient the search box worked .

I didnt let the clock run out on me during any of my picks --but I strongly assume that espn would simply autopick the next highest ranked player via their ranking OR via the pre set ranking you(the individual gm) may have made prior to the draft.

the coolest thing was the sound effect when its your turn to pick --they play the tsn/espn ticker update .So if you at at the beer fridge during our draft and you hear the tune you better get yer butt to the cpu
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty24.08.08 13:47

I also did a couple mock drafts and had no problems except a couple of prospects that did not come up, I let the time run out a couple times to see what would happen and they auto selected from my edited imported draft list. I suspect the first 1-6 rounds will be smooth and fast from there it will start to slow down a bit as later round picks are toss ups between sleepers and vets(personal choice,gamble?) and players stress, think a little harder about the pick.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Mock Draft   I just mock drafted..... Empty24.08.08 15:11

Well then, it should do the trick just fine. We will do the prospects draft beforehand on the forum. Get that taken care of and then go into the live draft..........Wait just a second. It just occurred to me that the live draft has a specific time (for us 2pm ET) that it starts. That means, to do the prospects draft first on the forum might be a little dicey. Another ideer would be to do the prospects draft afterwards. Not too sure as yet. See what everyone thinks. One way or the other though, at 2pm ET we all need to be logged on to ESPN with a cold beer and a bottle to pee in. For all of you who do not want to bother anymore with our live draft, I think that you better delete yourseld from the mock draft I created.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty29.08.08 13:46

I'm passing on the mock draft

I'm assuming you guys sent me an another invite via espn earlier in the day
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty29.08.08 13:54

I won't be able to do the mock draft either. I have a family function that day. What is this about no bathroom breaks? I better stock up on Depends. Hey I got to use my last name in a sentence. Wow, I just blew my own mind.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty29.08.08 14:11

No worries if you can't make it to the mock draft, Ray. It's just for those who want to take ESPN for a test drive before the big day. Sounds from what Butch says that there are other mock drafts you can take part in.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: I just mock drafted.....   I just mock drafted..... Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

I just mock drafted.....
Seite 1 von 1