The Regular Season is over

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3585
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: The Regular Season is over   28.02.11 15:57

Well Boys,

Once again the regular season has finished, and I am very pleased to say that first place came down to the final night to be decided. Not like last year when that Loony Toon Brandon dominated us all year long with a 18-2 record.

I definitely feel for Jay, who after a year of ballsy trading to build a championship-calibre team ended up accepting a heartbreaking loss at the hands of a hot Smalltown Sinkhole squad. I notice that Jay's team had a monstrous 5,128 points for this season, whereas John had 4,555.7, so one can see why it was heartbreaking for 1.21 Gigawatts to lose. Still, these two teams were almost dead even when it came to points scored against (4,165.7 for 1.21 vs. 4,156 for the Juggs), so it must be that the Juggs scored their points at exactly the right times. Timing, they say, is everything.

I would just like to say that I am not at all impressed with the 4,546.7 points scored against MY team. For the second year in a row the gap between my Points-For/Points-Against was quite narrow. But if I have anything to complain about, poor Richard had a whopping 4,827.8 Points Against, which just seems inhumane. Chin up Richard, you have a fine young team that could really make some noise next season if you play your cards right. Just look at what Jay did with his team in a matter of two seasons.

I should also mention that Smalltown Sinkhole and Desolation Row had to contend with many crippling injuries to many of their key players. I truly believe that had their squads been healthier, they too would have been in the running for first place.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the playoffs, though facing the ever-difficult Arthur Tigers in the first round is not my idea of a fun time.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://www.summitstudios.biz
Jason

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 24.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Regular Season is over   28.02.11 17:16

Thanks for the kind words Matt. BItter sweet really. Because Brandon and Joel are two teams I want to cool down before I face them.

In all honesty I expect both teams to move on after this round
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: The Regular Season is over   28.02.11 17:31

No idea which players to start this week.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin

Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Regular Season is over   28.02.11 17:44

Would you like me to lend you David Clarkson Joel?
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Soo Storm

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Regular Season is over   28.02.11 20:20

Another great season boys! a little more excitement this time around on the last week. lets hope the playoffs continue with that trend!

hats off to john and jay for amazing seasons and its tough to seee it come down to a tie breaker.

also sorry sanders, but while i get smashed by john this week you are getting smashed on a beach in the Dominican.... i will trade you Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: The Regular Season is over   

Nach oben Nach unten

The Regular Season is over
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben 
Seite 1 von 1