NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteFAQSuchenMitgliederNutzergruppenAnmeldenLogin

Austausch | 

Joel's Team: Please Vote

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 

What do we do with Joel's Prize money should his former team advance to the final?
Give the money to Joel if he checks back in for the final series.
88%
 88% [ 7 ]
Joel sabotaged his own team and therefore does not deserve the money. Keep it in the league's kitty for distribution next year.
12%
 12% [ 1 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 8

AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3578
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 14:47

Hello Everyone,

As some of you have already noticed, Joel seems to have thrown in the towel on his team. He set his starting roster on Monday with one empty slot and an IR player, basically sabotaging his own team. I tried contacting him by email on Monday, but he hasn't replied. I have since slotted in Jason Spezza and Kevin Shattenkirk back into his line-up (the two of which totaled three points yesterday). In fact, in one night his team did so brilliantly that he almost cut in half the lead that my team has. Although it's still unlikely that he will forge a comeback victory, we all know that it is entirely possible, especially with some of my key guys sitting on my bench.

So, the question is: what do we do with the prize money Joel would have won should his team advance to the final? I've created a poll below. Please vote ASAP.

Thanks,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://www.summitstudios.biz
Jason

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 24.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 16:12

i voted to give him his money even though he left the team. It could be something urgent came up and he didn't have time to check in with us
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 16:20

Nuts,

Is there some previous history to this discussion? At first glance this makes very little sense. I see that he trailed about 290-175 heading into last night. There is, to my knowledge, no advantage in throwing in the towel for him. Others, potentially, have the right to feel very disappointed.

Now it does seem to me that he has had a pretty good season, for a team that SUCK. There does seem to have been an element of frustration.

I would be sad to see this boil over, if it hasn't already. No one wins on that concept.

Initially, I would suggest that if he's entitled to some payout from the league, that we should allow him his winnings. I need convincing otherwise.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Desolation Row
Admin

Number of posts : 3359

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 16:24

You are correct Jay (and Scoop I should add). Who knows what is going on with him. He could have been hit with a falling pine cone in the upper shoulder region causing him to lose his balance resulting in a fall which could range in severity from minor to major.

Another possibility is that he was pruning a cherry tree in his backyard and whilst doing so bruised his manubrium to such a severe extent that he was unable to return to his laptop to alter his roster.

Lots of possibilities really. I could go on for hours and I have enough red wine to do so.

In summary, Joel has been quite a solid part of this fine league up to this moment in time that I would quite happily grant him the benefit of the doubt.

Should he happen to come back and pull off a win (in no small part to the players that Matt slotted back into his lineup) I think it would be a moment that this league would quite possibly never forget.

And to all a good night.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 17:15

Fair enough gentlemen. My feelings on this issue are perhaps a little less charitable. To me it feels like he purposely sabotaged his team because he was feeling snarky about having such a deficit to make up.

I logged onto my Yahoo account on Monday and saw that he was online, but he refused to talk with me. He just disconnected. I then sent him a polite email regarding this team, which he has yet to return.

I think we have all felt frustrated by fantasy hockey from time to time -- and there is nothing wrong with that. What I have a problem with is abandoning your team in the middle of a match-up, which certainly makes it less fun for me, who is currently playing his team. All in all it seems to smack of poor sportsmanship.

In any case, that is my point of view. If Joel shows up and has a good excuse for his absence, then I am all for letting him resume management of the team should he advance to the final. Maybe something similar to what happened with Richard earlier this year has befallen him, and I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the feedback.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 18:19

I would like to take this moment to mention that the word 'befallen' has, until Matt's most recent post, never been used in this forum.

I am not comfortable with it and I am considering taking steps to prohibit its use in much the same manner I did with A-Hole.

Kind Regards
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Number of posts : 1950

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 18:58

i voted to give him the cash. wasnt even aware that he had not set his lineup.

not sure what is going on with the situation i just hope everyting is going well for joel. hard to believe anyone wants to let go of that team now that they are starting to roll Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Fire & Fury

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 18:59

What if the event of the bee falling was to occur? Would that be forbidden also? Or if the first spelling bee winner had befallen when the spelling bee fall in line with the rest of the contests, what that be forbidden as well? What if he had the bee fall in line or fall oout of line?

If a bee fell in the forest would it make a sound?

If I had my high school grade, a B fall in to a C, would that be forbidden by you, along with my parents?

I think a better word to be forbidden would be "annoying"!
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Desolation Row
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 19:05

Very good post Ray. I think that this is an issue that we will need to revisit once the playoff dust has settled.

I would think that the word mauve should also be banned from this forum.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 19:20

LOL. I really hope Joel reads this thread. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1334

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   23.03.11 22:00

Be fall.... sorry guys, in Canada that'd be Autumn. Wizz says so. I trucked right on down to Upchuck Snorris' to double check.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Joel's Team: Please Vote   

Nach oben Nach unten

Joel's Team: Please Vote
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben 
Seite 1 von 1