Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Phase One: The Draft

Nach unten 
+3
Soo Storm
Ice Dawgs
Desolation Row
7 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2

How do we want to handle our September Draft?
1. Live Draft starting on the 23rd or 24th of September.
Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_lcap0%Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2. Slow Draft starting on September 1st - ish.
Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_lcap44%Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
3. Combo Draft with the Live portion starting either on the 23rd or 24th of September and the Slow draft to be completed the following week.
Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_lcap56%Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
4. None of the above damn it!
Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_lcap0%Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 9

AutorNachricht
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Phase One: The Draft   Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty29.06.11 11:01

Just got thinking. We played SSM in lacrosse at a tournament a couple weeks back. Arthur vs. the Soooooooooo! To my knowledge these two towns have never crossed paths before. For many years, when I was at the Arthur Newspaper, I had a map on a wall. Whenever Arthur played someone for the first time, I put a pin in the map. Once a hockey team played the #1 team from Pittsburgh in Silver Stick. Pittsburgh beat us by a goal.

So, Arthur vs. The Soo! We crushed 'em! (I think this is the first year for lacrosse in SSM). They didn't have much luck with anyone.

As long as I'm yacking about lacrosse. Last week we were in Kitchener. With 4 seconds remaining in the game and the score tied 4-4, Josh got the ball.

TIME OUT. There are 3.9 seconds remaining on the clock.

Huddle at our bench. Our goalie ran down the floor and stood infront of their goalie. BIG SCREEN. Josh had the ball at centre. He took about four steps and let it rip from at least 80 feet. Our goalie jumps out of the way as the ball goes by. It found the net. We win 5-4! Although just a regular season game, it looked like we had won a championship!

Minor sports can be fun!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Phase One: The Draft   Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty29.06.11 14:53

Always love to hear stories like this! Someone had the presence of mind, knowledge of the game and risk/reward management skills to take a chance like that and have it actually work is simply ingenius!

Congrats on the win! And bravo on the way it was obtained!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Phase One: The Draft   Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty10.07.11 21:03

Very nice Scoop! Fun, fun, fun. Congrats to both you and Red for the BIG win!

I am not launching a new book this fall, so the idea of a slow draft may be more feasible than last year. I tend to launch a new book every couple of years, so next year might be tough to do a slow draft again. Like Greg, I am an advocate of the live draft, but to please everybody perhaps we can switch it up every now and again. A combo draft is also appealing, though perhaps we could do the live draft in mid September (when Scoop has a better chance of being available) and then finishing it off with a slow draft over the next couple of weeks.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Phase One: The Draft   Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty20.07.11 3:00

And now a Summary:

Although the vote stands at 5-4 in favour of the combo draft, both Brandon and Jarrett have indicated that they support a slow draft format this season in light of what Scoop posted on the subject.

Therefore, it is with great excitement that I announce that our draft will begin on September 1st and it will be a Slow Draft format.

Not too slow I hope mind you.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Phase One: The Draft   Phase One:  The Draft - Seite 2 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Phase One: The Draft
Seite 2 von 2Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
 :: League News :: League Lounge-
Gehe zu: