Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

whats going on

Nach unten 
+3
Juggernauts
Soo Storm
Desolation Row
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: whats going on   whats going on Empty18.03.15 18:09

did we determine that we would have a 2 week span to discuss league topics?

if so we should start to organize the topics we want to discuss
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty23.03.15 21:53

I am with you Brandon.

If you have something that you would like to throw out there, then let her rip my man.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty24.03.15 13:07

I think we had discussed a few topics.

one had to deal with the draft on September 1st and injury replacements before the season started or pushing the draft back, or just living with it

are we doing FAAB all season long next year?

ummmm I will try and think of other things that were brought up
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty24.03.15 13:29

Put your thinking cap on my friend.

One thing that is fixed is the full season of FAAB. That we have decided upon. One year as a test and we shall see if it is a good fit for us.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty25.03.15 11:14

actually I think the discussion prior to the season was what happens if espn changes a players position
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty26.03.15 18:05

My proposal would be to discuss increasing our keeper number. 10 to 15 seems so low. I know there is fun and crazy trading because we drop good players. But I would suggest going to 15 to 20. Still 10 rounds of drafting but we can hold on to a few of those iffy young players a little longer. This would obviously be a change for 2016 season. Too many draft picks traded for this coming season.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty26.03.15 18:09

I believe this would also lower the affect of tanking from people just missing the playoffs because trading away players in the top 100 would be pricey because the top 150 would become keepers.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty26.03.15 18:14

we also have to determine if we start this season with 30 or 33 because of FAAB. And the amount of money. I would suggest 30 and add a little money to FAAB and we can use it to add the last 3 in the first few weeks. Could really make those weeks interesting. Also I would caution against starting with too much money. We don't want to see this become just a matter of seeking players that play 4 times per week. Also Trading money... which I think will be huge later in the season.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty26.03.15 18:16

FAAB will take care of changing positions. We voted no change last season. We can try and figure out a rule but I'm guessing we would vote no again.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty26.03.15 22:25

increasing keepers for me would be an issue, if you have a great team right now and win alot its going to be hard to ever lose knowing your always going to keep 75% of your team. I like the idea of if you come in first you have to drop alot of your team, giving the rest of the league a chance to catch up.
Also the more keepers the weaker our Sept Draft gets. With already scrapping our January draft it would really suck to also have a crappy Sept draft now too. I love our draft/drafts.

I like keeping 30 still even with new FAAB starting and as for position eligibilty and it changing on people i think thats just part of fantasy hockey. With new FAAB starting and trades available there should be no reason anybody gets stuck with nobody at a position.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty27.03.15 21:28

I, for one, like the number of keepers allowed per team as it already stands. 10 for 1st, 11 for 2nd and then 12 for the remaining 8 teams plus the option of keeping up to 5 prospect eligible prospects can give a team a total of 17 players to start out with at the start of the September draft.

With no mid-season draft and the opportunity to add/drop from the beginning should address all other issues as noted by Jarrett, i.e. position eligibility changes, injuries etc.

An interesting spin on the FAAB and picking up free agents is to limit the number of add/drops one team can make in one season. Since there are approximately 20 weeks of regular season, maybe the limit should be 20 with no limit as to how many changes you can make in one particular week as some teams may be hit harder by injuries or disappointing seasons from their draftees. Just a thought....

As far as trading and the aspect of tanking, I have complete faith in our co-commissioners to be able to spot when something foul has arisen and would be quite comfortable leaving them with complete authority to ensure that no funny business happens in this league. I actually have complete trust and faith in everyone involved in this league, in it's current makeup, that no one would tank on purpose. I believe a two-day viewing period of a trade is sufficient time for each member of our league to have a chance to see the particulars of a trade.

Just throwing in my two cents.

Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty29.03.15 7:34

What about finding a way to make our playoffs a little more rewarding for those who are eliminated or didnt make it.

maybe like a losers tournament guy who finishes 3rd gets something. Or team with the most fantasy points combined during playoffs gets something?

Any thoughts or ideas on that?

I know from experience (ive missed playoffs 4outta5 years) that playoffs can tend to get extremely boring when ur eliminated or worse case you miss playoffs and face the same team for a month straight.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty30.03.15 1:54

I agree with Ray and Jarrett, who both brought up good points as to why we should maintain the number of keepers at their current levels. It's our unique keep/draft system that has allowed some bad teams to catch up fairly quickly if they make some savvy moves. I have also been in a Dynasty league for five seasons, and I notice that with the very odd exception, the same four teams that were on the bottom the first year are still on the bottom five years later. Without the cascading keeper format and fewer keepers, it make sit tough for teams to rebound in a hurry. Moreover, the fact that Seed 6 and Seed 7 have advanced to the Finals this year suggests to me that we have some exceptional parity in this league.

I like the prize money distribution the way it stands now. There are some prizes for Highest weekly and Highest nightly totals, which allows any team to win even if they are out of the running.

Having said that, if everyone else is game, I would be open to considering a small tweak on the prize money front (perhaps for a third place finish during the playoffs), since the HWT and HNT are only valid for the regular season.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty30.03.15 11:05

The number of keepers is good. I've not quite figured out how we ended up with the 'Nutbars 500' in the final. Two or three teams were clearly better than the others this year. This format has done an excellent job of finding a league parity. It's interesting. In my other pool (12 teams) I have Crosby Malkin Tavares Ovy Bishop Fleury Nash Byfuglein Goligoski. The point is that I'm in fourth place. I could end third. Not likely, but I could end up with the top 4 scorers in the NHL. Scoring is clearly down. A parity has occurred unlike ever before in my memory, that sees little difference between having Crosby or Tyler Johnson. This is a good thing in the fantasy world, as it allows more of the participants to feel close to being close to success. I have also seen first hand, in all of three of the leagues that we participate in at out house, what would be considered 'upsets' occur. The end result is that 4, 5, 6 teams in each of these leagues feel that they could be the champion. Thus, interest is enhanced, management quality improves, future participation is almost guaranteed. I did see this year, strong pushes to get the McDavid pick. Only in one instance did the person trash their team and leave me wondering if the pieces could ever be put back together. I would vote to leave the keepers the same way we have been doing things.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty30.03.15 12:41

I agree, Brandon. In my Dynasty league this year we had another couple of huge upsets in the first round, including the (distant) seventh place team ousting my (strong) second place team in the first round. It definitely enhances interest, as long as teams have a shot at making the playoffs.

You've got quite the line-up in your other pool!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty30.03.15 20:36

Scoop forgot to mention that the rest of that fantasy league, besides himself, consist mainly of 1st & 2nd graders.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty31.03.15 13:44

Drunks maybe! The owners haven't changed in way over a decade!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

whats going on Empty
BeitragThema: Re: whats going on   whats going on Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

whats going on
Seite 1 von 1