Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft

Nach unten 
+4
Northern Elites
Soo Storm
Basement Dwellers
Ice Dawgs
8 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty
BeitragThema: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty18.09.18 9:46

I propose that we switch our draft style from a snake to a straight draft. The reason is, barring trades, the teams that finish near the top get the 10-11, 9-12 best players as opposed to the bottom teams who get the 1-20, 2-19, etc.

This method makes it more equitable and allows lower teams to build quicker. If we are to simulate the NHL, then that is how we should draft from now on. I know there are draft picks already traded for the 2019-2020 season, so it may have to wait until the following year unless everyone agrees to proceed next season if we adopt new draft change.

The snake draft might've been good for startup leagues, but a dynasty league should follow more of the traditional draft in my honest opinion.

I also think that all 10 teams should be allowed to keep 12 + 5 going forward, especially if we adopt new draft style.
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty18.09.18 9:53

I concur and vote yes!
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty18.09.18 20:30

i agree with everything mentioned
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty18.09.18 21:03

i also agree with that. makes sense
Nach oben Nach unten
Chris Catrini

Chris Catrini

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 26.04.11

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty19.09.18 14:38

I agree with this....thanks ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 0:14

All-in-all I think it makes sense. I would also say, that trades that have been made are potentially affected by this.

Remember, as we move along, that this league has been successful for a decade. Many of us have been here that long, and we're from all over the place. The original plan has been very successful and needs little tampering.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 7:53

can we know if this is officially happening next year so we can plan accordingly. thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 9:25

Hey Scoop and Brandon,

I agree with you that this league has been around for a long time and that some of us have been on since the beginning, but there have been many changes to the original Manifest in an effort to make the league even better, and I believe this proposed change makes it better, and more equitable.

There have been some draft picks traded for next season, some will be affected more than others, meaning some will move maybe a slot or two and others maybe more. I agree that this should be resolved sooner rather than later.

Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 9:38

Oh, one more thing about next year's traded draft picks, we don't know where they are because the outcome/standings of this upcoming season cannot be predicted.  Not at this point in time anyway. Also, team's won't lose their acquired draft picks, so that shouldn't be a concern at this point in time either.
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 13:58

I'm in
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty21.09.18 16:53

Hi kids. Just getting caught up on all the excitement here. Some good points made above. I am perfectly in agreement with going ahead with this for next year. Just to make certain that I understand things, should I happen to finish last this season, I will have the 1st and the 11th pick in the first two rounds rather than the 1st and the 20th.

I like the tweak.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty23.09.18 12:39

thats how i take it greg. except u gotta win lottery to get 1st

also were taking about all teams keeping 12 and 5 now right
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty23.09.18 14:30

Correct on both accounts, or should I say three accounts.

1) Greg correct with picks.
2) Brandon correct that you have to win the lottery between the 2 non-playoff teams.
3) Keepers across all teams would be 12 + 5

I believe everyone is on board with these changes starting next season.

So once you put those in motion, then I think John brought up the suggestion we increase our keepers from 12 to ???

But one step at a time I think.

Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty24.09.18 12:26

Excellent discussion.

Let's ink those changes for next season.

Increasing our keepers sounds fun as well. Our total roster size would increase as well I take it.

Let's start throwing some numbers out there.

Also, I would like to fix our totals rather than jump from 30 to 33 once the draft in complete. Source of confusion really.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft   Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Straight Draft vs. Snake Draft
Seite 1 von 1