Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty
BeitragThema: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 15:07

What has transpired so far can be summed up in just a few short paragraphs. To welcome our newcomer John into our most prestigious fantasy league, I felt compelled to provide a synopsis of all the comings and goings to date. So without further ado, or doo-doo as Greg would prefer, here goes.

It all started in the early days of summer 2008 in which a notice was posted on the Dobber Hockey website about the starting up of a fantasy league in which they were seeking members. Out of all the responses that Greg and Matt received, they chose the 8 most pathetic souls to comprise their fantasy league. Most of the constituents were Canadian born and bred except for a lone American. That would be me. Unbeknownst to everyone involved, the makeup of the league has proven to be solid from the get go. In its infancy, the league ousted one eccentric owner and the validity of the league was established. The bond of the founding members is strong. This will be a league to be reckoned with.

As the league started in the opening weeks, drafts went well, even without a hitch, or a Butch. Well, we still had a Butch. But that was corrected. And the owners rejoiced! A suitable replacement was found in Joel Stainer (Small Town Dynasty), a Dobber Hockey regular with a pleasant personality and noble good looks.

The opening season saw many, many trades as GMs postured to obtain players and prospects that they coveted. Midway though the inaugural season, Fitzsy Stars was the clear frontrunner along with Mike Cunner of Vandelay Inds. Both teams ended the regular season with identical 15-5 records. Building a powerhouse, Matt blew through opponents and captured both the regular season playoff awards. Co-commissioner Greg Chapler of Desolation Row fame was also a contender except when it came to head-to-head competition with fellow co-comissioner Matt. Newcomer Small Town Dynasty made a late playoff run but fell short.

The first off-season produced little in the way of excitement with teams already making adjustments to their teams ahead of the upcoming 2009 September draft. A few minor changes made to the league’s Manifesto and the league was off and running with the second season. Soo Storm, the last team to qualify for last season’s playoffs, stormed out of the gate and trampled most of the competition on his way to compiling an impressive 18-2 record, winning the last 10 weeks of the regular season.

Buffalo Cab Co. staved off a fierce late season push by Fitzsy Stars and Arthur Tigers to hold onto second place. The playoffs went as predicted and saw the top two regular season teams battle for the title. It was an epic seesaw battle but the Buffalo Cab Co. was able to gain a slight advantage heading into the last weekend and hold on to topple the mighty Soo Storm and claim the Kancho Cup.

There have been a lot of posts, a lot of trades, a lot of suggestions, some heated words but most of all, there has been a lot of fun in this league in such a very short time. The quality of the members of this league is top-notch. It would be hard to find another league with makeup that the Nutbars league has. It is with sadness that we say goodbye to one of the originals in Keegan, but it is with open arms that we welcome John Alldis and his Juggernauts into the fold. We hope that you will find this league to be everything you would have hoped it would be and more.

If I had left anything out, or if anyone has a slightly different perspective they would like to convey, please add it . I have exhausted my whole vocabulary list. Now, I will sit back and Sleep
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 16:31

Wonderfully written Ray.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 16:34

I intentionally left out the part where you are winless versus the Mattster. I think that is well known by now. Razz Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 16:41

All part of the master plan my friend.

cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 16:41

I have him just where I want him.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 17:42

With Crosby and Malkin that'll change for you next year.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 18:23

You don't know that the two times they matchup next season, the Penguin stars will be on the IR with nagging LBIs. LOL
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 18:48

lol, and the caps will have 4 games that week facing bottom feeding teams
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 20:44

Bravo Ray, very well done.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 21:58

It's so predictable when it comes to the Greg vs Matt matchups.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 22:16

What do you expect when its Matt vs his alter ego...
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 22:51

Awesome summary, Ray. I especially like your description of Joel as having "Noble Good Looks."

As for my match-ups with Greg, I might take pity on the poor bugger and let him win one next year. Or maybe not.... Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 23:12

I also made Dobber today....I need to rest now from all the excitement.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty11.05.10 23:13

And one thing Matt....it's not what you decide to do, but what the Hockey Gods have in store..you should know that by now.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty12.05.10 9:01

Buffalo Cab Co. schrieb:
And one thing Matt....it's not what you decide to do, but what the Hockey Gods have in store..you should know that by now.

Amen, brother Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty12.05.10 13:45

Love the recap and thanks for welcoming me. I have spent waaaayyyy too much time reading Dobber forums for information and I'm guessing I've read something written by all of you at some point or other. Although I've never posted anything myself. I guess that makes me a taker and not a giver. Haha.

And over the past couple years Greg and I have talked hockey A LOT! So I'm Fully aware of how Matt has been sticking it to him. I just want to join Matt and stick it to him too! I am very competitive and hate to lose as you will all see next year. But It's always a competitiveness in fun. I run another league with the guys that I work with and it will be our third year. It's a full Keeper pool Head to Head, categories style, 6F, 4D, 2G, 5bench. We have 14 managers and I love it. But after hearing Greg talk about this pool I really wanted to join up. So I'm hoping I can be competitive and build up some good rivalries!

Thanks again for welcoming me and let the games begin!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE   A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

A look back...A NUTBARS RETROSPECTIVE
Seite 1 von 1