Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

New Dynasty League

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty04.10.10 19:21

I was convinced earlier this fall to join a new Dynasty full-keeper league. It's a head-to-head rotisserie style league, with fifteen categories:

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, SHOTS, HITS, BLOCKS
Goalies: W, SO, SAVES, GAA, SV%

We start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G and one UTIL. Five Bench spots and three IR spots.

This is what my team looks like after the main and prospects draft:

C: Datsyuk, Zajac, Krejci, Bolland, Fisher, Oshie
LW: D. Sedin, Perron, Malone, Tanguay, Carcillo
RW: Hossa, Horton, Boyes, Little, Callahan
D: Green, Rafalski, Goligoski, Letang, Hedman, Seabrook, Siedenberg
G: Vokoun, Kiprusoff, Turco

Farm: Markstrom, J. Campbell, Tarasenko, Beach, Perreault

As is typical with some of these affairs some of the young guys were taken quite a ways before they should have been (IMHO), which meant some of the more proven talent fell quite a ways. I nabbed Hossa at pick number 50, Kiprusoff at pick number 82, and Rafalski at pick number 146. Crazy.

Since I don't have much experience with this sort of league I wanted to ask what you think of this trade offer I've sent to one of the GMs:

My Hedman, Boyes, J. Campbell for his Doughty

or

My Green and Boyes for his Doughty and Kessel

Any thoughts or insights would be very much appreciated. Smile

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 0:50

Tricky scoring catagories I see Matt with Hits, Blocks and FOWs. That is a whole new level. I have no ideer which players are the most valuable when it comes to these catagories............

I like your Hedman, Boyes, JC for Doughty offer though. Should get a nibble.

Surprised you would offer Green up.........

Your team looks 'human' Matt. I wish that you could use it in our league Smile

G

PS How do you feel about the Full Keeper format?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 0:59

Joel and I ran a roto team last year and I had so much fun I wanted to try something along those lines with a keeper. This one just happened to be a Dynasty League, so I think it will take some time to get used to. In a league like this depth is almost as important as quality, which is why I traded my second overall pick for the 10th overall, a 4th rounder and a 9th rounder. So I gave up Crosby, but I was able to get Green (10th overall), Goligoski (9th rounder), and I used my extra fourth rounder, packaged it with my second rounder to get the 11th overall pick (Daniel Sedin) and 10th rounder (Krejci). Confusing? LOL. In any case, I managed to get a few elite players by trading down from my second overall. In limited keepers guys like A-Hole and Crosby are a LOT more valauble than in a dynasty league.

And yes, I have been wondering about my Green trade proposal. Even though he's maybe not quite as valuable as in a limited keeper, I'm not sure upgrading from Boyes to Kessel is enough to warrant downgrading to Doughty. Although Doughty is the ONLY defenseman I would consider doing that for.

Here's hoping the Hedman, Boyes and Jack Campbell offer is enough to snag Doughty. The guy I'm trading with is probably the worst offender for drafting on potential rather than performance, so he might just imagine Campbell as the next martin Brodeur and pull the trigger.

Mind you, based on what I mentioned above, I think giving up this kind of depth is actually a pretty good offer for the guy. Hedman and Campbell are both elite, and Boyes is a steady (except for last year) guy who scores a lot of goals on a great young team.

Personally I think it's a fair offer for Doughty, but I wouldn't mind hearing from Joel to see what he has to say.

Thanks for the feedback Gregger. I know you're a busy guy right now, so that's nice of you. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 1:21

I should also mention Gregger that the stats categories seriously skew the value of some players. Guys like Seabrook and Bolland and Fisher are quite valuable in a league like this, because they contribute to several categories at the same time.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 2:28

10 catagories for skaters and 5 for goalies. In our league we have 5 for skaters and 4 for goalies...............

Does that de-value goalies somewhat?

Kipper at 82 crazy.

Interesting that you were able to draft Green at 10th. I would not think that would be possible any longer. What were the top ten?

Let me guess:

1.A-Hole
2.Crosby
3.Malkin
4.Backstrom
5.Kovalchuk
6.Kane
7.Stamkos
8.Parise
9.Thorton
10.Green
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 2:54

Goalies are still very important in a categories league like this. If you have two top netminders then that can potentially win five categories almost every week, and then all you'd have to do is win three forward categories.

Yeah, I never thought Green was going to make it to 10th overall. I was all set and waiting to pick Doughty there, and then he just kept falling and falling.

A-Hole
Crosby
Backstrom
Malkin
Luongo
Stamkos
H. Sedin
Kovalchuk
Parise

Green
D. Sedin

I was actually planning to take Rask with my third rounder (26th overall) but somebody took him right before me so it was no-go. I ended up snagging Vokoun at the bottom of the 4th and Kipper at the bottom of the 7th (which I couldn't believe).
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 3:53

Interesting to see H.Sedin go so early. He is a star of course, but still, 7th overall is pretty high. And why pick H.Sedin before D.Sedin?

Who were the top 5 goalies?

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 5:00

Desolation Row schrieb:
And why pick H.Sedin before D.Sedin?

Because he's the Hart trophy winner. LOL. Yeah, it seems a bit bizarre to me, too. Those elite LWs are tough to come by this year.

This is how the goalies went for the first four rounds:

5) Luongo
12) Miller
15) Lundqvist
18) Brodeur
19) Halak
21) Rask
23) Howard
37) Bryzgalov
39) Varlamov
40) Fleury
44) Rinne
47) Vokoun (me)
48) Ward

Since I missed Rask at Pick 26 I was hoping to get Rinne at Pick 47. But no dice. It actually should work out fairly well for me, as Markstrom is about to take over in Florida and Vokoun will likely be traded to a contender at the deadline. Vokoun's numbers are always pretty good, but if he's moved to a contender he could really improve substantially.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 6:09

Great fun for sure Matt, but one thing that I have been wondering of late is the following:

How do people in multiple leagues manage conflicts of interest?

For example, you have Hossa in this league as I have him in our fine league. If he gets off to a huge start it benefits your team above, but it would at the same time hurt your chances against me in Week One when we meet head to head.

Tricky no?

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 9:46

Hey Matt,

I like your roster - though the goaltending situation is a bit tenuous. Could be fantastic, but could also fall apart a bit - who knows! My hunch is you'll be fine this year though.

I've never been in a league with Hits/Blocks etc so it's really hard to gauge value on some of the players.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 10:49

Who is the most valuable hitter?

Who is the most valuable blocker?

Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 11:20

didnt that Volchenko guy who played on the Senators last year lead the league in Block Shots?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 12:23

Small Town Dynasty schrieb:
Hey Matt,

I like your roster - though the goaltending situation is a bit tenuous. Could be fantastic, but could also fall apart a bit - who knows! My hunch is you'll be fine this year though.

I've never been in a league with Hits/Blocks etc so it's really hard to gauge value on some of the players.

Yeah, my goaltenders could go either way. I definitely ended up with some greybeards. Smile

I'm hoping that Kipper continues to play like he did in the preseason, that Turco thrives behind Chicago's defense, and that Vokoun gets traded to a contender at the deadline. Otherwise I might be cooked goose. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 12:34

Desolation Row schrieb:
Who is the most valuable hitter?

Who is the most valuable blocker?

Some notables in the HITS department are Dustin Brown (2nd overall), Ryan Callahan (3rd), Robidas (4th), Backes (5th), Morrow (11th), Byfuglien (14th), Fisher (15th), and Seabrook (16th) overall respectively.

Some notables for blocked shots are Siedenberg (1st), Ballard (3rd), Pronger (5th), Robidas (7th), Volchenkov (8th), Timonen (9th), Gilbert (10th), Andy Greene (17th), Seabrook (19th).

What makes a guy like Seabrook so valuable is that he also gets SHP and his plus-minus is always good. He's only 25, so I'm thinking he may also raise his offensive game a little bit as time goes on.

Interestingly, at Hockey Pool Geek when you run all the league scoring cats through a ranking filter it shows that with last year's stats Seabrook was the 30th most valuable skater to own, Just behind Henrik Zetterberg and just before Dan Boyle. I think he was the eighth overall best defenseman to own because of his multi-stat contributions.

Robidas was also a valuable guy, but his +/- hurts you a bit. Plus, he's nearing the tail end of his career so there's no guarantees he'll keep up the pace he was on last year.

The Hockey Pool Geek tools are really invaluable for a roto-style league like this.

Zuletzt von Fitzsy Stars am 05.10.10 15:48 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 15:39

HPG is also a great guy too. I am with him in one of my keepers and anytime he comes at me with a trade I'm very cautious, lol. I've used his site and its pretty damn good. FOr those of you who haven't used it I highly suggest checking it out
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty05.10.10 21:52

So I just went to HPG and entered this trade for the fun of it:

Patrick Kane for Mike Fisher

Turns out Fisher is more valuable in this league format, according to HPG anyway. Maybe somebody should have told that to the guy who took Kane in the early 2nd round. I nabbed Fisher in the 21st round. Smile

It's definitely going to take some getting used to this league. LOL.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

New Dynasty League Empty
BeitragThema: Re: New Dynasty League   New Dynasty League Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

New Dynasty League
Seite 1 von 1