Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Take "IN" the Trash

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

Take "IN" the Trash Empty
BeitragThema: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 13:53

Since there is no avenue for writing articles, I will write mine on the message boards.

Looking over the names of the teams in the league, there are just some things that need to be stated here. First of all, Jason, uh, you spelled Morons wrong I hate to tell you. Actually not a bad name but the jersey has got to go. Can' any of you come up with an origianl picture? I defintiely, so far, have the most original picture followed by The Commish's Calvin and Hobbes pic. Great pic but I hope your team doesn't resemble anything like them, especially the snowmen....you know, melting, stationary, no arms, etc.

Now Motley Crue is so 80's.......I think a better name would have been Klits Is Key...now that is a name........and let's not forget that jersey. Yikes!

Okay enough said about the jerseys. I won't mention them anymore. I promise. THe OMNIPRESENCE sounds like it should be scary but seems more like a reference to Harry Potter...not so scary. I certainly am not intimidated, and, I never liked Harry Potter to begin with anyway.

Schumacher Cubs. Cubs? Hey buddy, baseball is almost over! Cubs is not, I stress, not a hockey team name. From Chicago are we? I'll give you this much....The Cubs(notice the caps) have a really good team this year. Good luck! Only with the baseball team, not the hockey team.

Arthur Tigers, geez another baseball reference. Come on boys.....something a little more original please. Was that the name of your imaginery friend growing up?

Fitzy Stars? Was that suppose to be Sissy Farts? And you are the co-commissioner? Really? Members of the league unite! But I must say that you have been very gracious in inviting me and making sure I become acquainted with the league. How am I doing so far? Are you still glad you invited me? LOL

Which leads me to the last team........Chicks Dig Goalies.........only if they have huge johnsons and lots and lots of $$$$. The name should be
Chix Dig Dix(until they marry one) LOL......now that's funny.

Now I know that my team name sucks the most, so who is a bigger moron, me or Montreal Maroons owner? Who names their team after an earthworm and a person who doesn't exist?

Jersey(coughing)...couldn't help it..sorry.

The site already figured out how windy I get and cut me off on my post before.

Remember that this is all in fun and not meant to offend anyone. Sorry if that is the case.

Have fun and good luck to all. And remember, live life to the fullest because you don't always get a second chance.

Ray

Zuletzt von razor am 26.08.08 15:48 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 14:05

the guy with a lady for an avatar poking fun at team names scratch

schumacher cubs were a tough team from a tough area of my city .when you played v.s them circa 1970 's you didnt go to school the next day

think Slapshot
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 14:24

I can see we're all gonna have some fun here (lol).

I would just like to defend my team's name choice, since you are taking exception Ray. You name your team after an earthworm that your kids have bonded with, while I named my team after my lovely wife. Her maiden name is Fitzsimmons, and I recall when she was stalking me (she'll verify this - lol) she sent me an email with the prefix "fitzsystar." Somehow it's stuck ever since.

Isn't that cute? Just what a guy wants for his hockey team name ... cute (lol).
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Hey Cubmaster   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 14:34

that lady is none other than Charlize Theron.......I wanted to say that was my wife...taking a page out of matt's book...but I decided that I would rather look at her all the time on these boards than some ugly rat with a hockey stick.

So, how many days of school did you miss?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: The reason.......   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 14:39

why I didn't include Vandelay Inds. in my "TEAM NAMES AND LOGOS" article is because of the obvious fact that he is a huge Seinfeld fan, and being that I am from New York and a big SEinfeld fan myself, thought it wise to not pick on Mike. Also with a name like Cunning, he must be a linguist.
Ba-dum-dum!

You must have had a lot of fun with that last name!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Greg's logo   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 15:02

I think that Greg's logo is the kidney stone I passed 2 years ago.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 15:14

The forum is on fire. Absolutely on fire. I hop on my bike to pick up my beautiful 20 month old son from the daycare, come back a half hour later and the forum has exploded. And getting good and sassy as well.

Ray, your posts are top notch. Absolutely top of the line and I love your spirit. When I say love, I do not mean in a sexual way. Not just yet anyhow. Come what come may.

Crazy day over here for us. We lost Zack (our son) for 15 minutes outside when we were talking to our neighbour and it was horrible. Running like madmen around the neighbourhood yelling ''Zack''......''Zack''. Awful. A friend found him in someones garden sniffing flowers. Not a half hour later, he nearly choked to death on a Dorito. Crazy. I am emotionally ruined for the day.

At any rate, since team names are being discussed I want to inform you fellers that I will be unveiling my ''real'' team name at the generation of the draft order. I have used Slow Train as a filler until the time was right to hit you with the real deal. The only hint I shall give you is that I am a huge Bob Dylan fan.

So, with that off my chest, I will go make myself a tea, put my PJs on and consider whether or not I will be flossing tonight.

G

PS The logo will also be dramatically altered prior to our draft. It will be something that will light this forum on fire. Perhaps.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: The times they are a'changing....   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 15:21

as is Greg's team name and logo. All I can say is "Thank God!".

Back to reality, I am glad that everything turned out okay with Zack. I know I have experienced quite a few of those episodes myself over the years with my son Shane.

At 3 months he had a penny lodged in his throat and was honking like a goose for 2 weeks before they x-rayed him and found it. He also swallowed a magnetized, flashing ear-ring thingy that he put in his mouth and swallowed. about 2 years ago. Since it was battery operated, we had to bring him to the emergency room and thank God he didn't need to have his stomach openend up. He also disappeared at Disney World this summer for about 15 minutes also. So my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Kids will always give us agita, but they bring us tons of joy.

Enjoy your tea and I will get to work on trying to uncover your team name.

Also, I am trying to flood the boards with pictures of Charlize Theron. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Hey Greg.....   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 15:52

please refrain from using the word "come" more than once in a sentence, AND, after you had just declared your so-called love for me in the previous sentence. Not that's there's anything wrong with that mind you. How was that Vandelay?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 17:14

razor schrieb:
that lady is none other than Charlize Theron.......I wanted to say that was my wife...taking a page out of matt's book...but I decided that I would rather look at her all the time on these boards than some ugly rat with a hockey stick.

So, how many days of school did you miss?

I only played up to bantem (14 ish)

the cubs we're a juvenile team (17/19)

juvenile hockey went the way of the dinosaur's by my era of age qualification to play it
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 18:10

theron was very good in the movie monster's ball and I liked her in north country

Take "IN" the Trash Monstergi1
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 19:30

*laughs*
Happy Potter-eque? I suppose.
This has been my fantasy team name for the last few years - far before my lovely girlfriend made me read those books (which I will admit fully I quite enjoyed).
Anywhoo, if that wasn't a hint enough I am not the most typical of hockey fans but I kinda of like the fact that fact that when I say that I am a hockey fan people are struck dumbfounded. affraid
This is my first foray into the world of keeper leagues (along with a free one I joined the same time I signed up for this one - it has a salary cap which I think could be really fun), I am looking forward to the challenge and fun that this league should present.

I am a chronic hockey blog reader, which as an Oiler fan is awesome as we have the best community of bloggers on the web (prove me wrong on this one).
Just for fun here are my top 5 oilers blogs:

1) Lowetide http://lowetide.blogspot.com/ - Super insightful with plnety of baseball references to boot.
2) Covered In Oil: http://coveredinoil.blogspot.com/ - Sarcastic and always good for a laugh
3) Copper & Blue - http://coppernblue.blogspot.com/ - A newer upstart blog with plenty of great content and analysis
4) Battle of Alberta - http://battleofalberta.blogspot.com/ - I am pretty sure this was the Battle blog that started the others (Battle of California, Battle of Ontario)
5) MC79hockey - http://www.mc79hockey.com/ - Sarcastic stat analysis.

Cheers,
Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 19:47

Hey Keegan,

I for one am glad we have a diehard Oilers fan in this group. Being a Flames fan, I expect a nice rivalry to develop. geek

I have to admit, it's hard not to like your team though. They are young, fast, and loaded with skill. They are gonna be very good for years to come. They just don't have Iginla...

I saw your post on Dobbers looking for advice about your new salary cap league. I take part in an annual salary cap league through CDM Sports, which I absolutely love. They are fun, but quite involved to set up I think. That's why I like to join one that already has a long term track record.

Hope you have fun in both your leagues!

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 19:59

Yeah my Brother is a Flames fan too. I think Iginla is a hell of a player but I don't like the Flames at all over the next bit. Kippers contract is a big anchor if he continues to decline as he has for the last few seasons (.923, .917, .906 since the lockout). But beyond Phaneuf being completely overated (he can score on the PP but can he is sheltered at EV and even then doesn't come out looking rosy) they have a decent core to build around once they shed some of their bad contracts.
Have you checked out Five Hole Fanatics? [ http://fiveholefanatics.blogspot.com/ ] It is a great Flames blog.
Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 20:11

Hey Keegan,

Yeah, Kipper certainly had his struggles last year. I'm a believer that he could be in for a decent rebound season though. But you never know...

The Flamers certainly think he's the real deal. Time will tell.

I think Phaneuf is still so young it's hard to estimate his potential as he continues to round out his game. How many defensemen do you know that put up his numbers so quickly and so consistently? He could be the best D Man in the league in a couple years, once Lidstrom retires. Not saying he will ... but the potential is there.

The Oil are strong at all positions (except perhaps Goal). Their challenge is going to be developing all those players to their maximum potential, and then signing the right ones to long term deals at the appropriate times. The Oil has not had a great track record at being able to keep franchise plaayers since the days of Messier/Gretzky/Fuhr. They tend to develop them and then trade them.

Anywho, nice gabbin' wit ya. I'lll have to check out that Flames blog you suggested.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 20:22

It is not that I think he will not be good. But last year he recieved the second most votes for Dmen for the All Star team. He is not the 2nd best defenceman in the league. I just think he is overated - and that he has a really lame tendancy of sucker punching people in the back of the head (I am not a fan at all - that I will say).

The Oil have allot of things going for them and hopefully with Katz owner the whole trading players right after they establish themselves will stop.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 20:32

Yeah, I think Katz could have a very good influence on the team. I'm all for having six strong and successful franchises in Canada, even if one of them is in Edmonton (lol). It's about time we got the cup back!!!

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Random Thoughts by Mr. Jonium   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:00

Alright, enough already!
I thought that Keegan and Matt were suppose to be hated rivals. enough of this lovefest already.

Nice logo there Cubmaster....impressive.....Rooooarrrrrrrr!

Now that has to be the ugliest picture of Charlize I have ever seen.

How come nobody prepones anything? I mean what is this obsession with postponing?

Why did Amy Winehouse become popular anyway?

I think Eric didn't like my comment about his team; that is why he left. I hope I didn't make him cry. Maybe he wanted to name his team Sissy Farts.

I loved the Matt story about his wife, truly touching........I mean how could you not like a story about a woman stalking a man unless your named David Letterman.

The reason why commercials are louder than regular programming is so that husbands don't have to listen to their wives.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:14

First off Ray The Crue still kicks ass and puts on an incredible show i was at Crue Fest last weekend and im so sick of most of the new music out there the old rock 70's, 80's is all i really want to listen to. Granted probaly not the coolest hockey name.

Second Charlize Theron is probaly the hottest chick in hollywood i just cant understand why so many people argue with me about this.

By the way nice posts way to inject some life into this forum.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:26

Yeah, I think Ray made Eric cry. You should know better than to make fun of somebody's team name when they have a chronic mental disorder (lol).

As for the Crue ... love 'em. I saw them perform on their Dr. Feelgood tour at Joe Louis arena in Detroit ... drum solo on tracks along the roof of the stadium.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:39

Well Keegan im a huge fan of the Flames and Dion and i find most Oiler fans really under appreciate what Dion has done not only for the Flames but the league as well, he is front page news, lead story on sportscentre good. No one since Scott Stevens hits like him and has created as much buzz from the D position as him in years not to mention his offensive play. I have no delusions he is as good as Lidstrom right now but he is no doubt a special talent.

That being said he has a lot to learn in his own end but hopefully that will come with age. If he were an Oiler you guys would be singing his praises from the mountain tops(which i love about you guys you do support your team)

You guys have a good young team but young is the key word there anything can happen they can regress as easily as progress most of them had a career year and as we all know that doesn't mean career success. But for sure the future looks bright and you guys should have a playoff team.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:42

Second time i have seen them i was at the RED WHITE & CRUE tour as well just a crazy show not to mention all the wanna be groupies wearing next to nothing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Taste in music   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 21:43

It's good to see everyone here has some very good taste in music. And the logos are getting better everyday! I love the pro-activeness of this league's members. The last concert I saw was Zappa Plays Zappa at the Westbury Theater in Long Island, intimate setting, holding about 3,000 to 4,000 people. What a performance! WOW! The concert before was RUSH...totally awesome......I thought all you canucks would appreciate me being a huge Rush fan.

Never got to see the Crue, but maybe someday. That's a great logo by the way Rich, and yes, Charlize is one of the hottest actresses in town and I will never, ever give you an argument. By the way, thanks for the compliment.

My goal tomorrow is to catch up to all the others ahead of me in the number of posts. Woohooo! Wish me luck!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 22:34

I took my Dad (Wings fan) and Brother (Flames fan) to Zappa plays Zappa here in Edmonton and yeah what a show. I grew up listening to Zappa and my Dad got to see him perform a couple of times, alas that show was as close as I will get. However i will have to refrain from calling Motley Crue good music. I will not deny that they are entertaining but thats as far as I will go.

As for Phaneuf, as I have said I will not deny that he is talented but I still think he is overated and I think there are bigger hitters out there too. AND if he was playing for the Oil I still wouldn't like him - I don't like players who take cheap shots (glad we traded Torres - though his spot on the Daily show was hilarious <embed FlashVars='videoId=103315' src='http://www.thedailyshow.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

As for the Oilers well there certainly are some young players we are still looking at some great players in Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Vishnovsky, Pisani and barring further injuries Souray bringing allot to the table. I like our chances to make the post season especially given the regression or at best 'par' moves by the rest of the Division (Tanguay, Huselius, Nolan > Camellri, Bertuzzi, Glencross/Bourque). I still think Calgary makes the post season but that is not a strong bet and relies on Kipper showing up, Iginla carrying the team (some more), and their D staying above water.

But I am not into trash talk, I am into hockey talk. Sure I am going to think highly of my team but who the hell doesn't. I am looking forward to the season quite a bit though. I think it will be interesting to see which of Chicago & Nashville will make the second season (I think both), and which of the Northwest won't (my bet is Colorado). The East is going to be a shit show with Boston, Ottawa, and NJ trying to stay above Carolina, Buffalo & Tampa Bay (who are going to be one heck of a puzzle to watch I think).

Cheers guys,

Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty26.08.08 23:50

Here's my projection for the Western Conference playoff finalists, from first to last:

San Jose
Detroit
Edmonton
Dallas
Anaheim
Calgary
Chicago
Minnesota

I think Vancouver, Phoenix, and Columbus could be hanging in there, too. I also think Colorado and Nashville are going to have terrible years, especially if Sakic doesn't come back to play in Denver.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Take "IN" the Trash   Take "IN" the Trash Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Take "IN" the Trash
Seite 1 von 3Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter