Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Arthur Tigers...

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

Arthur Tigers... Empty
BeitragThema: Arthur Tigers...   Arthur Tigers... Empty28.08.08 0:32

Well, I'll try this note again.

Arthur Tigers - A hockey and lacrosse club founded in Arthur, Ontario in 1904. (Did those Detroit boys name their team after ours?) I was (hockey) Pres VP or Past Pres for 13 years, Manager for 13 years, player... waterboy... fundraiser... laundry... Sr. Mens Hockey. We had a budget of about $70,000 the year we folded. I believe the lacrosse and hockey teams shared a nickname in the early years because the town was too damn poor to afford two nicknames. The Jr. team upgraded to Beehives when the corn syrup company gave them a set of sweaters in the 30's. Speaking of fancy names... Ray from Middle Village, New York. Sounds like they were too poor to afford a name too!

I'm rather pleased not to be the 'old boy' in the league, 43 for another few months. I've been the old boy in my other pool all 15 seasons!

Motley - defined as "mingled of various colours". Crew - defined as "a ship's company". Hmmm. Bad news Razor, we freeze the water to play hockey! Wasn't there a band back in the 80's that sounded like they were being eaten by a bunch of Tigers?

Me and my Assistant GM - Red - are looking to have some new fun! He's my son. At the moment it looks like his best inheritance will be... my hockey pool teams, so you buggers better be nice to us!

Talk to you all soon!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Arthur Tigers... Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Arthur Tigers...   Arthur Tigers... Empty28.08.08 0:38

Hey Scoop! Hey Red!

Welcome to the forum guys! I posted the above note in another thread, but just wanted to make sure Red got back to me in short order, so I'm posting it again here...

Red, is it true that you've had to keep your pop in line sometimes? I've heard rumours that he once tried to trade your Dany Heatley for Derrick Boogard. Is that true?

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

Arthur Tigers... Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Arthur Tigers...   Arthur Tigers... Empty28.08.08 0:50

Matt,

Dad let me sneak out of bed. Mom's at work. He says school's back in next week so there'll be no more late night notes! (It's 11:45 pm)

Boooooooooooooooooo to Boogard. Even I know he plays like 50 games and hopes for 300 penalty minutes.

No room for Heatley on our team last year. Our left wing was Ovy, Kovy and Zetterberg. We had Ray Whitney too. We don't want Heatley in our other pool anyway. He's no good. He makes $10.0M and we have salary cap! You can have him.

Good night.

RED
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Arthur Tigers... Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Arthur Tigers...   Arthur Tigers... Empty28.08.08 0:54

Good answer....

Methinks I'm in the big leagues now. lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gesponserte Inhalte

Arthur Tigers... Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Arthur Tigers...   Arthur Tigers... Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Arthur Tigers...
Seite 1 von 1