Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty
BeitragThema: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty12.01.09 15:48

So there I was, watching the minutes counting down on my Yahoo web browser last night, excited that "YES!" in fact, Jay was going to pull an upset off against my longtime rival and arch nemesis Vandelay Industries. Kunitz scores his second goal of the night with only a few minutes to go, practically assuring Giguere and his Ducks of a victory. Just a little insurance, I thought. Nicely done, Jay! Nicely done!

Then ... out of nowhere, with less than a minute left in regulation, Zach Parise streaks down the ice like a peregrine falcon in stoop. He scores! (+5.2 for Mike). And it's at even strength (+1 for Mike). And it's against Jay's star netminder, Jean-Sebastien Giguere (-1 for Jay).

Thankfully, assists go to Zajac and Gionta, so Jay is still in the lead by a modest five fantasy points. Whew! That was close, I say to myself.

No, wait ... the officials huddle and decide, in fact, that Zajac couldn't have assisted because he was sitting on the bench. Then who got the assist? Jamie Langenbrunner got the assist (+5 for Mike), at even strength (+1 for Mike).

Nooooooooooo!

The announcers then say: "Did you see that! Did you see THAT! An incredible come from behind victory for Vandelay Industries, ensuring that he is still top dog in the newly minted Nutbars du Canucks league! I imagine the Fitzsy Stars will be crying right about now, don't you say Jim?"

Congrats on your comeback, Mike. This is what fantasy hockey is all about! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty12.01.09 17:26

Indeed, good week Mike. I just wish I would have had two goaltenders that week. no matter who the 2nd guy was, he wouldn't have played.....story of my season.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty13.01.09 11:22

yea matty, I came home late Sunday evening to see both S.Gagner and Bobby Ryan had scored that evening and NJ was down 3-2 late in the third..... no pts yet for Parise/Langer. I grudgingly went to bed assuming i'd wake up in 2nd place.. I'll take the victory, but regardless feel that I dodged a huge bullet.

I hear u on the tendy situation jay... I probably should of started Conky instead of Ozzy last week, but Schneider really put a wrench in your week.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty13.01.09 14:27

Hey bud, this is what fantasy hockey is all about. I expect this could be one of the great stories of this year, especially if it ends up being the deciding factor between 1st and 2nd.

Then, of course, there's the Sunday we faced each other in November when I thought I had it sown up. I was in the lead by more than 10 points and I had six guys playing versus your two guys. Anyway, my six guys got goose eggs, and one of your two guys (Souray) got three points to pull you just ahead of me.

It would be awfully boring if this sort of thing didn't happen, though. It keeps things interesting.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty13.01.09 14:46

yah the closeness between alot of the matches has sure made for some interesting sundays!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle   Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Mike pulls a Jordan Eberle
Seite 1 von 1