Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

A Bit of Personal Information

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

A Bit of Personal Information Empty
BeitragThema: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty29.08.08 15:13

Hello Everyone,

Now that our membership is filled and the draft order allotted, I think it's time for all of us to get to know one another a little better. Since we're pretty much all strangers (some of us stranger than others - hey Ray?) it would be nice to get the lowdown, if you know what I mean. If this sounds a little too much like a cheesy grown-up version of "What did you do on your Summer Vacation," well, you're right. It is.

To help break the ice, I'll go first.

I'm 36 years old, and have lived in Vancouver for almost three years now, ever since my wife got into a university program at Simon Fraser. However, I grew up in hicksville, Saskatchewan, went to high school and university in southern Ontario, and then moved to Lake Louise/Banff/Calgary, where I lived for another decade or so.

I went to university with Greg's wife Jana from 1990 to 1995, and we later worked together at the same hotel in Lake Louise. One of the stipulations I had for her was to find a husband with fantasy hockey skills ... and she didn't disappoint.

I now work in the publishing business here in Vancouver and love it! Both the work and the city. Not really the NHL team, though. They are quite boring to watch most nights.

My wife and I are also huge outdoor nuts. We try and spend two or three weeks every summer hiking, sea kayaking, canoe-tripping, etc. No kids yet, so it makes that a bit easier. That will likely change in the next 2-3 years though ... every time my wife walks past a young child or baby she goes bonkers, and it's only a matter of time before she demands that we sleep together regularly with no contraceptives. What can I say? It'lll probably happen sooner than I think. My wife is a babe, and I don't mind bragging a little bit about her.

In any case, that's my life in a nutshell. We've already heard a bit from Scoop and Razor on different threads. Would love to hear from everyone else....

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty29.08.08 15:44

So I guess I will go next.
My name is Keegan and I am 25 years old. Born in Edmonton I have lived in 5 provinces so far and done a fair amount of traveling across the country (but little outside of the country).
My Dad was in the military but is a pretty non-militant Wings fan, as well as being a huge Riders fan. I have 4 sisters and a brother and as such no longer live at home (crazy much?). I live with my beautiful girlfriend of over 7 years and work for a non profit organization that promotes cycling in Edmonton. As well I dabble a fair bit in graphic design and have a fair amount of web and print design experience and I am working on going back to school to continue my interest in that and other forms or art.
Hockey is the only professional sport I watched as I lost interst in Baseball when the league stole the Expos championship and the Jays started sucking, though I do catch the odd fottball game with my Dad and I aspire to watch more actual football (soccer for us North Americans).
Other hobbies include hosting a radio show on the campus based radio station here in town, lots of cycling and getting to live alongside the crazy exploits of my ferret Dirka.
Thats all I have for now but I look forward to getting to know everyone AND to the hockey season.
Cheers,
Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty29.08.08 16:46

Golly, I work in publishing too! Selling ads for a magazine! "Better Farming". Prior to that I sold advertising (and did most other things) for the Arthur Enterprise News for 17 years. I also ran a website for a couple of years heresthescoop.net reporting on Arthur news. The website no longer exists. I still sell a bit of commercial printing! If anyone designs ads freelance, let me know. I may have a chance to give you a bit of work at some point in time.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty29.08.08 17:00

I guess i will shoot something out there

currently im finishing up my last semester at algoma unviersity in business with a specialization in marketing. im 22 years old (not sure if im the youngest). i worked at the university during this summer which today is my last day thank god!!

im a big lindros fan... thats right haha. a lindros fan in sault ste marie. i think i am one of a kind. i really started to like hockey because of ron hextall and then cheered for the flyers hardcore up until a few years ago. now i just enjoy watchin all hockey because of all the young talent and skill in the league. the lockout devestated me but eversince the hockey has been great.

i live a pretty boring life btwn school work and partying.

oh i am also a sagitarius, like long walks on the beach and watching the sunset HAHAHA
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty29.08.08 17:19

I'm 25, living in Montreal. I am NOT french, lol. I work at the airport in Montreal, for the dreaded Air Canada. Although I don't plan on staying with the company much longer. The way they do buisness and handle their clients and employees is terrible. I go to University, however I'm taking this semester off because I'm changing programs in the Winter, which I am already resigstered for, so no problem about having trouble going back. I'll be going into Marketing, I was previously in History.
A benefit of taking is semester off is that I'll be returning to China in October. As well as going to France and Germany in late October as well.

As you can see I do travel a lot. I love travelling during the winter time where I make a few trips to Miami to catch some sun during the cold. I also catch hockey games in different venues while I travel.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty30.08.08 9:09

soon to be 42
married for 2 years but have been together through thick and thin since 1996.
unfortunatley no kids (wife battled cancer early in our relationship and left her unable to conceive)
I only work part time due to some chronic health issues but I wont bore you with -my wife is a registered nurse and loves her job working with the elderly

You would think being from my area that I would be an outdoorsman -but I'm not .I know alot of people into hunting,fishing,camping,hiking and I often get invited to sign up -but I'm the type that likes to sleep in his own bed , pee in my own toilet and most important -have a shower in the morning Surprised

I enjoy chipping away at simple home improvement projects, working out ,watching interesting documentaries on the tube ,walks around the nearby lake......and of course -ANYTHING hockey .

fav movies -Shawshank Redemption ,Jackie Brown,Fargo (too many to list)

fav series -Sopranos,Oz,Deadwood,The Wire
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty30.08.08 14:27

Well i guess its my turn, i assume you guys know I'm not really a member of Motley Crue but god that would be a riot. In real life I'm a 33 year old butcher and i live in Saskatoon but I'm originally from a small town outside of Calgary called Carstairs, im stuck in Saskatoon till my girlfriend finishes her University and becomes Prime Minister of our fair country.

I worked at Nortel and then several other tech companies for many years and got out of it just before stocks went south and they started massive layoffs throughout the industury and decided i had enough 9:00 am meetings and BS office politics and decided to try something completly different hence the butchering. Once my better half finishes school i will open my own shop i already have the location and building scouted out.

I'm very involved in sports and play squash, baseball and basketball no hockey(i screwed up my leg as a kid) i also play chess and poker. This is my first foray into the fantasy sports realm so take it easy on me guys, i was really hoping to get a better pick make things easier in my first crack at fantasy sports.

I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years, no kids yet but maybe oneday, well that about sums me up so take it easy guys and goodluck.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: A Bit of Personal Information   A Bit of Personal Information Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

A Bit of Personal Information
Seite 1 von 1