Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Suggestions Tracker for next year

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty
BeitragThema: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty18.05.09 21:41

Hello again,

If anybody has any suggestions related to something other than the prize payout structure, please post it here.

As mentioned in another thread, we'll probably see what kinds of trends develop and then pick two or three ideas/suggestions that seem to be of interest to more than one person. We'll then vote on the ideas/suggestions before the start of next season.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 0:30

I'd like to see the games played limit for prospects increased. We are all losing some young guys because they have in between 26-50 games. The way I see it is that if we are going to draft prospects and then lose them the next year because of a call up, then whats the point of having prospects unless they are blue chippers? We can't really invest in young prospects because the next year they will probably have to be dropped. I could develop a whole argument and list players we are all going to lose who should technically be kept because they are a few years off.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 2:47

It's an interesting thought, I'd have to look at my roster to see what sort of effect it would have for me, I suspect very little. But it would certainly give a bit of an edge to the rebuilding teams - good, bad or otherwise.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 3:25

I would be open to that idea. I agree that unless it's a blue chip prospect it doesn't make much sense to keep them in most cases.

Perhaps somewhere between 41 and 50 games could be the new limit to consider? What does everyone else think?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 15:10

i know we somewhat discussed it during the season, but what about a draft lottery for the bottom 3 or 4 teams.

i.e.

last place team has 4 balls
2nd last place team has 3 balls
etc.....

to me this will eliminate any thought of losing that last week or weeks to assure the #1 overall pick.

also say a team is sitting in 6th place and if they lose the last week they fall to 7th and get to keep an extra player and still make the playoffs. can you guys think of anyway to prevent this from occuring??

25 game limit
50 game limit
or have an 82 game limit (this means that you can keep a prospect on your farm team until the next year) i like this idea because it allows you to have a prospect on your team for 2 seasons (his rookie and sophmore season) and then at the end of that year you have a better idea of what type of nhl player they will become.

of course these couldn't be implemented until next year but this would have worked out great for me with a player like bodekker who played the full season, but i still can't determine how productive he will be in the nhl. having him carried over on my prospect team for next year would really allow me to "test drive" this player and determine if i would want him to take up one of my keeper slots. This makes trading prospects more valuable because teams can have them for 2 seasons playing in the nhl w/ out using a keeper slot.

on the other hand people may not like this because for example; say who ever got Tavares would not have to use a keeper slot until after his second year, even though he may have put up a monsterous rookie season and would definitely be a keeper.

then i guess we could have another option

82 game limit ( but they must have lower than _x___ points per game average)

anyways just some thoughts!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 16:11

Brandon, here is how I set it up in my league, sounds like you and I are thinking alike on this subject. However the main difference with my league is that you can't start your player on your roster unless called up, which would avoid having the Tavares problem

Zitat :
Number of Players per Farm Team: Ten (10). May only include players who are signed or drafted by an NHL team.

Once a player is called up to the pro team, he may not be sent back down if he has more than 10 NHL games experience. If the roster is full during a call up, the GM must select one player to drop who will then be eligible during the NEXT draft. (Example: Team A activates TJ Oshie from his farm team. He drops Jiri Novtny to the free agent pool due to an already full roster. Jiri Novtny may be picked up during the next possible draft by any team, Team A may re-drafted him if desired.)

If a player is sent back down at the (or before) 10 game NHL mark, a GM may place him back on the farm team. However, the player dropped for the slot opening may NOT be picked back up (Eg: Jiri Novtny cannot be picked back up).

A player MUST be promoted to the Pro Team by the start of the next season after reaching 82 games played in the regular season. Eg: James Neal is on Team A, and at the start of the 2009-10 season he has played 81 career regular season NHL games. The GM of team A may choose to keep Neal on his farm team until the start of next season, and all of the 2010-11 season if he wishes. But once he reaches the 82 game mark. He must be put on the PRO roster for the 2011-12 season. All the points earned by a player on your farm team are not counted towards your week, they are lost points.

And I just thought of this now while reading over my rules, there should be an age regiriction on what we call prospects. Like a 27 yr old dude who has 20 games isn't a prospect IMO.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 16:39

Yeah Jay i do like what your are talking about. it actually seperates the farm team from the big club, unlike this year when we did draft prospects but they were pretty much rookies on the team and if they played over 25 games the are no longer a prospect and now officially part of you team. this rule would act as a divider btwn the two teams (farm/nhl team) and SKILL is involved determing if you need this player for what they will produce this year or if it is better to hold off until next year so you can carry them forward on the prospect team.

e.g. say you draft Hedman, it may be better to keep him on the farm team next year so you can carry him over with your farm team and not use a keeper slot. however you need to determine if your D is solid enough without his numbers this year.

i like this idea a lot!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 17:38

Anybody else want to comment on what Jay and Brandon are proposing?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 18:44

Interesting, but I have a question for clarification.

In the example if I called up Tavares (I hear he is going to demand a trade to my team) and dropped Novotny.

Then after 9 games I decided to put him back down on the farm - I am then left with a hole on my main team until the next drafting period? Is that how it works?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty19.05.09 18:46

Yeah, you have an empty slot, but if you work out a 2 for 1 player trade in your favor, then you fill the slot back up. You really only drop a player if your roster is maxed out and you need to make room for Tavares in order not to go over your roster limit. (And yes, I've heard rumbling he may not be satisfied with his destination!)
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 2:30

Hello folks. Loads of forum action here. I just made a dramatic, elegant and very lengthy response.........and lost it. Very irritating. So, I will try again........

1. I am all for increasing the Farm Team game max to 50 and under. Not until next season naturally.

2. I am a big fan of the draft lottery. Lots of option to work out but I have always liked the idea.

3. Cash Payout. I would be open to increasing the entry to 80 smackers giving us a total of 800 to play with. 250 to the regular season winner and 250 to the playoff winner and then 60 each to second place in the regular and post season. That leaves us with 180 to divide up into three separate 60 dollar prizes like Matt suggested. Lots of option though and I am open to many of them.

4. While I was pooping yesterday (it was a multipoop day and I blame the hummus that I made), I thought of an interesting idea for our league. Each week we would vote of who would win each of the head to head matchups. We would have then at best a 5-0 record and at worst an 0-5 record. These would be tracked on a sassy excel spreadsheet over the course of the season and at the end of the playoffs the GM with the best predictive record would be awarded the prize. Not money, but rather an additional keeper to carry into next season. I think that this would create extra interest in our league throughout the entire season and keep everyone motivated to stay active all season. It would also make upsets that much sweeter. It would cost only about 5 extra minutes per week and I think it would be loads of fun. A little side action for the league with a very handsome reward of a bonus keeper heading into the next season. Love to hear your thoughts.......
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 3:55

Idea number four (if I understand it correctly) sounds like a good one Greg. It could really create extra interest in the weekly H2H match-ups, and give people a reason to vote each week on who they think is going to win each match-up. I suppose the easiest way to keep track would be for each GM to vote in the forum each week, and then to log the results into the spreadsheet you suggested.

As for increasing the league fee, I'm not sure I'm keen about that. I'm guessing you may end up with a few others who recoil at the idea, too. $60 is a decent entry fee IMO, and in my mind strikes a nice moderate balance. Just my two cents.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 8:09

Glad you like idea number 4! I think it could be a great way to add a little extra zip to the league.

As for the league fee, it is no problem. It can stay at 60 or it can go up. No worries for me either way. Just one possibility of many. cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 12:17

Some more thoughts as I drink my morning coffee and prepare to tackle Round 2 of getting my kids ready for the day ahead.

I think I like upping the games played on prospects but would be in agreement that 50 games would be a good number to keep it at. I like having a bit of a gamble involved in trying to figure out which prospects to keep or not.

$80 is a little steep in my mind for the league. I'm still a big fan of just keeping the buy in the same, dropping the winner money just a touch and distributing that extra bit to the second place guy.

As for the 'Pickem' component for the league - fun idea, but I''m not sure I'd want there to be league awards (an extra keeper) be attached to it. Trying to figure out which head to head match up is going to win each week is a bit more of a crap shoot then I'm comfortable with in regards to dish out a league prize for it.

I think it is a pretty fun idea to be honest, and perhaps this can be another something to be added to a sort of 'League Records and Hall of Fame' section of the league - which would be very fun to keep track of long term. Things like league winners, most points in a week, highest fantasy points by a player in a week/year, Weekly Pickem Champs etc. All stuff that could be tracked and kept somewhere for us to see. I would potentially be willing to track this stuff and set up the Hall of Fame sort of area if that was something that people were interested in.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 13:08

Getting lots of great feedback from a few members. Have to wait to hear back from the rest of the gang: Mike, Scoop, Ray, Richard and Keegan.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 13:15

okay here is my updated opinion on the issues lol.

1) prospects- im fine with 50 or the 82 game limit (i would rather have it increased from the 25 though starting next year, so that means that rookies this year that played less than 50 games and more than 25 can't stay on the prospect team)

2) lottery- doesn't matter to me (i would vote yes to it)

3) side games- no money awarded but that hall of fame thing is a good idea

4) voting on matchups- i agree this would increase interest overall, and would be fine awarding a keeper to that person (i'm pretty sure i would vote yes to this)

5) as for the pot i would go to $80 but $60 is fine

so im pretty easy to please here, just waiting on the rest of the boys to say what the want
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 13:52

I just sent an email out to everyone. Hopefully we can get everything sorted out over the next couple of weeks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 14:30

So my thoughts on things:

1) Prospects- I really like the the idea of increasing the games played to 50 or more. I however think that should we make this change that we make it effective for this summer and our current teams. I do not see a whole lot of point of waiting until next year.

2) Lottery- I think the idea of a lottery is an ineteresting one but I do wonder about how many teams with which to include in it. To me including any teams that have made the playoffs should not be eligble for the top pick in the next years draft. Those are my current thoughts.

3) Side games- I think the idea of giving awards out for these is interesting and I do not see any problem with small prizes (25 dollars or so) being awarded for these. That said I feel like the more important change would be changing the cash prize system. My ideal breakdown:
1st place regular season - 200
2nd place regular season - 100
1st place playoffs - 150
2nd place playoffs - 75
3 prizes of 25 dollars for side games
Failing that the breakdown could be: 200, 125, 175, 100.

4) Voting on matchups - I like the idea of this myself and the idea of awarding a keeper or small cash prize is fine by me.

5) I would prefer to keep the fee at $60.

Cheers,

-Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 14:49

one thing in response to keegans comments on the prospect increased limit started right now. to me i really don't like this idea because we played this year as if this was not a rule. so teams may have traded prospects away that played more than 25 games for that sole reason that they would not fit into a keeper slot yet (not good enough) but no longer qualified for the prospect team. the other gm may not be happy now that we changed the rule and they could have kept them on the prospect team.

also take my team for example. say we go the 82 limit

than

Bobby Ryan
Erik Johnson
Frolik
Boedker

wouuld all be on my prospect team, leaving a few of my keeper slots empty for my team going forward. i know this rule implemented now could work in favour for me because i coudl trade a few picks away and get some other guys off other teams but i think implementing this prospect rule for this summer would screw alot of strategizing that has already been done throughout the last year.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 15:09

1) I've stated my opinion on this so no need to say anything more.

2) Lottery, I hate it, and have made it clear that I do. Unless we include more than 2 teams its completely useless; and I don't see how we should include any team that made the playoffs into the lottery.

3)Payouts, already discussed

4) I really like the idea, I think it would promote interest in the league and activity on the board
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 15:41

Here is my 2 cents on the matters at hand...........

Prospect Eligibility---like the idea of increasing it to 50 games. I agree with Joel that increasing it to 82 takes the "gamble factor" out of it.

Draft Lottery---I trust everyone in the league and don't believe a need for some sort of lottery to prevent some team from "bagging" a match to get an extra prospect keeper and/or better draft position is necessary. I agree with Jay that including teams that make the playoffs in some sort of draft lottery gives them the best of both worlds---chance to win the playoff pool and a shot at a great draft position.

Matchup Contest---I like the idea of a friendly contest with a "concocted" award attached to it but not a monetary award.

League payouts----I believe that the regular season winner and the playoff winner should be compensated differently. The regular season is 20 weeks long and the playoffs 6 weeks long.

$200 for Regular Season winner
$150 for Playoff winner

$25-best overall points in 1 week
$25-most points in 1 night

$25-most goals in the regular season
$25-most assists in the regualr season
$25-most goalie wins in the regular season
$25-most shutouts in the regular season

$5-awarded to the team with the most points in a week for the 20 week regualr season.

In my experience, it just so happens that the overall winner usually wins most of the weeks, so in essence the overall winner is not losing much from the change anyway, but others have the chance to win some money.

You can change the above to read Playoff winner -$100 and the best overall points in a week and most points in 1 night $50 each.

That's my take..hope it makes sense(not cents!).

Making too many changes is also not good, we've only had one season under our belt and already we are trying to change so many aspects of the league, i.e. keepers, payouts, drafting, how many days the draft should take when we all agreed to the thrid week of September when we signed up, etc.......

DISCUSS

Razor
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 16:12

I don't think I commented on the Draft Lottery. My preference is no lottery.

I echo the statements about making too many changes, this league has been phenomenal so a few small tweaks is likely all that we need.

I also really like rewarding the top guys with good chunks of change for their hard work as it really gives incentive to trade like crazy to go for the win as opposed to just picking up a few rewards here and there.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 16:22

yah i also have changed my mind about the lottery lol. if we did it would have to be with just the 9th and 10th place team. i agree with the funds going mostly to the winner and a small % going to second place finishers. i also don't feel money should be awarded for things such as most goals, winning streak extra, but think it woudl be cool to make note of them and have a special thread.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 16:48

im going through the league rules and noticed what it said about future drafts.

it says that we will have a snake draft. is that correct?

or don't you think the person that came in last should get 1 and 11th pick instead of 1st and 20th pick?

other than that i read over the rules and the issues to me that we need to address is very minimal, which is good because the league is running well so far

1) payout structure
2) farm team

im not sure how 10 of us can agree on a payout structure. maybe a poll seeing if people want second place to receive something and than a poll for the % of cash given to each spot. also you could have a poll about guessing the head to head matchups and awarding an extra keeper to the winner. but i will leave that one up to the commisioners Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty20.05.09 18:16

Yeah, we'll figure out some kind of a polling system to determine payout structure. Let's deal with the farm team eligibility question first (thanks for creating the poll, by the way), and once we hear back from Scoop, Richard and Mike about the payout structure we'll figure out a way to word the polling question.

As for drafting format: snake draft it is. Which means the last place team will get 1st, 20th and 21st overall picks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Suggestions Tracker for next year   Suggestions Tracker for next year Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Suggestions Tracker for next year
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter