Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

question regarding positions

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast

question regarding positions Empty
BeitragThema: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 8:39

if espn grants a player multiple position eligibility --would that be an issue here if we started using player at a new position if espn granted said player multiple ?

i.e - if they grant player X rw eligibility while he started the season as a lw only

I'm not the biggest fan of the c/lw/rw set up -I prefer just calling a fwd a fwd --but I'm looking forward to the challenge of drafting lw/rw/c in this league

no bad jokes required ray afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Now Cub Master   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 8:53

whatever gave you the idea that I would make a joke about something like this. I too am looking forward to drafting by individual positions rather than all players being categorized as a FWD. Challenging I must say.

Charlize says there's nothing wrong with multiples by the way...she loves them!

Is player X high up on your draft list because if he is, I won;t step on your toes and take him. That's just the kind of guy I am Cub Master.

May the force be with you!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 9:08

there are no players in the espn rankings with multiple listings from what I can see
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 12:32

Charlize will be very disappointed to hear that.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 13:15

I read a post on Dobbers recently from a guy that had contacted ESPN about this very question. ESPN sent a letter back, which he posted.

Apparently some players may become multi-positional over the course of the year, depending on how frequently they spend time at a position other than the one they started with. They would never lose their initial position eligibility (ie. if they start as RW, they wouldn't lose that if they moved to centre), but they could gain other positions.

I would say that if ESPN allows multi-positional categories throughout the year, it is fine to use them. Funnily though, for next year those players may revert back to one position again. So you may think you've drafted a winger this year ... but if they spend enough time at centre, they could presumably lose the winger distinction NEXT YEAR.

Hope that helps.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 17:17

Butch, I think with our FWD category, it makes our LW,RW,C picks less important, so having someone become duel eligible shouldn't breally be a problem. And usually the people who get those 3 way position swaps are rare and usually 3rd and 4th liners. So nothing to worry about there. Most won't be picked
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 17:40

old butchie isnt worried jay .

just being prepared.

I'm excited for the prospect dft to start so that I can get a feel for some of our fellow gm's tendencies

btw , this league has 2 c , 2 rw , 2 lw , 4 fwd , 5 def , 2 g as required starters
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 20:54

And don't forget the two cheerleaders, Butch ... very important! afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 21:04

I bet you expect a picture of a hot cheerleader now eh king
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty30.08.08 21:53

I was sorta hoping.... sunny
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: question regarding positions   question regarding positions Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

question regarding positions
Seite 1 von 1