Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Getting my hockey fix

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast

Getting my hockey fix Empty
BeitragThema: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty15.09.08 12:26

Anyone else watching the prospect tournament? Some nice hits going on
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty15.09.08 13:10

I just heard Voracek had two assists.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 2:19

You are correct Sir. Good news for me
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 10:52

I got my hockey/ringette fix the other day, in the sporting goods department... Got a lot of cash to spend on the topic yet...

- shoulder pads
- mouth guards x2
- at least one set of skates
- top up the "Yellow Box"
- various tape flavours
- registration x2 (only $850 for two kids in my town!)
- much whining as I insisted we go home and look in the bags
- Lord knows, there'll be a bunch of other stuff

Boy the list is currently awfully small! It'll be adjusted before the weekend arrives! Both kids kickoff Saturday.

Here's one for you fellows. I watch just 5-10 hockey games per year on TV! Most of it's in the playoffs. Anyone else anywhere near that small number? In my other pool I win this category by a landslide! I'm watching more now that Red's older. He'll bug me to come watch with him! Life is way too busy to take three hours to watch a hockey game!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 11:31

This is a hockey fantasy league????
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 12:01

No, it's a real league. You are responsible for the contracts of the players you draft. Get your cheque (sorry that's Canadian!) check book out! Just wait til Charlize & Teena find out!
Red's already started doing extra chores. That's why I went into a co-ownership scenario!

SCOOP Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 12:18

It's a good thing Charlize makes a ton of money! Who's Teena by the way? At my age, the mind is the first to go. Yes, Scoop, it is the first to go(wink, wink!).
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 13:14

I probably get about 10-15 hockey games in a year, and it will be decreasing this year. You guys are gonna laugh at me, but my wife and I no longer have a television.... Suspect
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 14:28

No television. I'm GROSSLY JEALOUS. 1000 channels of shit. Anything I might like to watch isn't included in my package. Christ they bastards don't even throw in PBS. How the hell do they get away with selling PBS? If I could get away with it, I'd unhook the cable too. I'd hang onto the TV though, so that I could watch videos (no Razor, not that kind - Walton's, Little House on the Prairie, Cheers, Bonanza...). Teena is my wife!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 16:15

What's TV? The only TV I know are in the videos that Scoop thinks I watch. How I reminisce about the radio days of Amos and Andy, Red Skelton and who can ever forget the big band sounds of Benny Goodman............
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty16.09.08 22:00

Yeah, I have gotten along fine without a TV for years. Then last year somebody from Shaw cable called with a special 6-month offer, so we hooked up the one my grandfather used to own so I could watch hockey again.

So we had TV last year from November to the end of the Stanley Cup finals in 2008. In was fun while it lasted, but my wife says it's a distraction for her when she's trying to work on her thesis. Upshot is I called Shaw and had them cancel our subscription again.

It'll be fine. It'll be fine IT"LL BE FINE.... No
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 0:54

you can always watch hockey online. If I'm at work, and its after 9 and the sports bars at the airport are closed. I go onto RDS (french habs games) and watch the games live.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 2:00

Yeah, one of my friends (who also doesn't own a TV) does that. The only thing that may be an issue is the speed of my wireless connection. Long story, but the best place to watch a game happens to be at the opposite end of the apartment from the router, which means the connection can be a bit suspect at times.

However, I will have to look into options for watching online.

How fast is your internet connection? Is it wireless?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 12:34

No, it isn't wireless. Its DSL, so its pretty quick, but at work, it's a slower connection, and it still works fine. Check it out.

I dunno, I find it weird how people don't have TVs, I've thought about it, because I almost never watch TV unless its for hockey. And when I do watch hockey its with friends, so it doesn't seem like a waste. But to not own a TV? Wow, its actually impressive. Like I said, I don't watch TV, I'll use it to watch a movie I bought or something, but the TV is there.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 13:00

We do have a TV that my grandfather used to own, but we don't have it hooked up. Can't even get CBC. We use our laptops to watch movies, so we don't ever really use it.

And yes, I'm sure there's lots of people that would find this a little weird.... What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 15:31

Well, to be honest, its something I've thought of doing when I start a family. I don't want the kids watching tv. I want them playing hockey, lol.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty17.09.08 15:52

Like with everything in life it's all about balance, I'm sure. My own parents really discouraged TV watching when we were kids, so I'm guessing that habit of not watching has probably carried over into adulthood. My wife is the same way.

Still, would love to have a TV for the convenience of watching hockey.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Getting my hockey fix   Getting my hockey fix Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Getting my hockey fix
Seite 1 von 1