Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty
BeitragThema: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty22.09.08 14:23

There were some wierd things happening with our forum yesterday, which explains why some of the messages posted are not showing up. It looks like Keegan was trying to start a thread to discuss yesterday's draft, so let's try that again here.

Anybody have any thoughts about it? Winners? Losers? Biggest miscues made by yourself or (gasp) by other GMs?

Love to hear everybody's thoughts!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty22.09.08 19:27

can only speak for myself -but I'm totally satisfied with my lineup .my goal was to try and snag luongo or price in round 1/2 .was thrilled to land both -then , the goalie run started which left the likes of Spezza available for me in round 3 .

I also didnt think I'd be able to land Backstrom/Toews/Mueller in addition to the above mentioned fellas in the same draft

my blueline could use some help but I'm confident that the guys I drafted (Seabrook,Wideman,Edler,P.Martin,J Johnson,Russell) still have a ton of upside
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty22.09.08 19:35

All-in-all, SCOOP n RED are pretty pleased with our Arthur Tigers. We accomplished what we set out to do. When you're drafting, there are always those guys that are so close to being in your finger tips, but slip away. We'll find out if our strategies are successful in the coming months!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty22.09.08 20:19

If I may offer my perspective, I thought everyone did extremely well yesterday considering the quick pace of the draft. However, it was interesting for me (as a novice) to watch guys like Butch, Scoop, and Razor do their thing. All three ended up with real solid teams. I also was impressed by Keegan's drafting abilities. He seemed to be one small step ahead of me on a few occasions (boo!).

Overall, I think my biggest success happened early on. I kind of figured that I would miss out on all the Tier One Goaltenders, so rather than pick Miller and Bryzgalov with my 2nd and 3rd picks I decided to turn the tables a bit and choose the two best keeper D Men (by far, IMO). This started a nice little run on D Men and low and behold, Miller was still around at pick forty. Quite stoked about that.

I made a couple of mistakes later in the draft though, so I guess I shouldn't toot my own horn too loudly jut yet.... What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty23.09.08 4:42

So I did spend quite a bit of time the other night writing up a draft review but to no avail. I apparently had not made my daily sacrifice to the forum deity.
Anywhoo here is a condensed version:

My picks for steals of the draft per GM:

Matt: Briere (60), Selanne, (101), Whitney (180)
Brandon: Lehtonen (121), Ja. Williams (179), Sundin (199)
Jay: Jokinen [58], Leclaire [78], Vrbata (203)
Scoop n Red: Stastny (64), Sakic (137), Afinogenov (204)
Mike: Rafalski (56-considering the early D-run), Plekanec (105), McDonald (225)
Ray: Kovalev (75), Ribeiro (86), Ellis (166)
Rich: Roy (74), Stafford (194), Filppula (207)
Butch: Mueller [88], Zherdev [108], Kessel [128]
Greg: Savard (49), O'Sullivan (129), Clowe (209)
Keegan: H. Sedin (70), Tanguay (90), Gomez (130)

Another thing I found interesting was the way the picks worked out positionally and who picked how many of whom (i.e who has depth at what position and who might be a potential trade partner).

Not including our farm teams this is the breakdown:

Matt: 6C, 5LW, 4RW, 6D, 4G
Brandon: 6C, 4LW, 4RW, 7D, 4G
Jay: 6C, 6LW, 5RW, 5D, 3G
Scoop n Red: 4C, 5LW, 6RW, 6D, 4G
Mike: 8C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 3G
Ray: 3C, 4LW, 6RW, 8D, 4G
Rich: 8C, 3LW, 4RW, 7D, 3G
Butch: 5C, 4LW, 5RW, 7D, 4G
Greg: 4C, 7LW, 3RW, 8D, 3G
Keegan: 5C, 7LW, 4RW, 6D, 3G

Totals: 55C, 49LW, 45RW, 66D, 35G

Thats all I have for now - good night.

Zuletzt von hippy_oiler_fan am 23.09.08 16:11 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty23.09.08 6:48

nice analysis bud .

gomez slid the farthest from what I can gather .

I wanted to snag rafalski just before he was taken -same with tanguay
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty23.09.08 11:48

Thanks for the great analysis Keegan. You're absolutely right about some of these guys sliding further than they should have.

Just goes to show we have a savvy bunch of GMs out there.... sunny
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty23.09.08 16:15

My apologies to Scoop n Red for not listing the both of them. Amended.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty23.09.08 17:17

Hello fellers. I am just getting caught up on things now. What an analysis of our draft Keegan! Amazing.

I am not so sure how I feel about my draft personally. Considering the GMs I am up against I am not too unhappy. See how things shake out. Not so happy about the injuries to Gonchar, EJ and the trouble with OSullivan. Hell of a way to start but I will ride it out I hope. Need some power from my goalies I suspect.

G
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?   Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Winners & Loser in yesterday's festivities?
Seite 1 von 1