Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.

Nach unten 
+4
Ice Dawgs
Soo Storm
Fitzsy Stars
Desolation Row
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter

Legacy Prize
1. I am in favour of increasing the annual fee by $10 such that every second season the GM who has accumulated the most total points in that time period will be awarded a $200 cash prize.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_lcap20%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
2. I am in favour of increasing the annual fee by $10 such that an annual award of $100 would go to the GM who had the best track record of picking the weekly winners.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_lcap30%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
3. None of the above thank you very much.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_lcap50%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 10

AutorNachricht
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 11:01

We can take the top 15 records for each team, in essence dropping the bottom 1, 2, 3 or 4 records.

7:00 pm sounds good, and fair.

There is the question about afternoon starts on Holidays, but that is only 1 or 2 times with a handful of games.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 12:32

Yeah, I'm fine with keeping it at 7:00 pm starts, even for those weeks when games start early. As long as everyone knows they are in the same boat.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 12:59

I was about 50/50 on the smack board. I work nights on Mondays twice per month and wouldn't see the lineups till I get home at 4am. And lots of times I shower and go right to bed. Especially now that we are starting 10 hours shifts. So I won't be home till 5am.

I like Ray's Idea about points per week. I know we get money for whoever has the highest total. But how about 5th round pick for who wins the weekly total the most? Second most 6th?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 13:29

If you work Monday nights John, would you have time to look at the line-ups either on Sunday night or on Monday afternoon (after you get up)? We all know the match-ups far in advance, so there's no reason we can't vote on Sunday (or even Saturday) for the week coming up.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 13:36

Oh I like that John. Sounds fun.

Or, somewhat similarly, a 5th R pick for whomever lands on the Big Board the most and a 6th R pick for the fella that hits it second most. There is that Dud of the week column on the BB. Perhaps that would be minus one point for that. Lots of possibilities, but this type of thing would eliminate the need to stay on top of things each and every Monday.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 13:53

Juggernauts schrieb:

I like Ray's Idea about points per week. I know we get money for whoever has the highest total. But how about 5th round pick for who wins the weekly total the most? Second most 6th?
I could go for this as well. For example, if during the season, John is on the weekly winners board for "Most Points" 6 times, and Matt 4x, Jarrett 3x and the rest 1 each then you would reward an extra 5th, 6th and 7th rounder to the top three teams. This way, guys wouldn't have to worry too much about getting in their matchup predictions every week. The weekly awards are managed beautifully by Greg.

I would go with either method. Smack Board Predictions Top 3 winners or Weekly Most Points Winner Top 3.

Doesn't matter to me.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 13:56

I'm fine with either. I was just trying to figure out a way that we could encourage people to get involved with the weekly voting. I think John has a good idea as well, but it doesn't encourage participation in the weekly voting.

I am fine with either (or both) approaches.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:01

If you want to run a contest for the Weekly matchup predictions, I will offer up a free PrimePucks t-shirt.

and an autographed picture of yours truly sitting on the bowl. (That's actually just for Greg if he wins)

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:11

With that kind of prize, I'm sure everybody will avoid participating! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:24

Okay, scrap the t-shirt prize.

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:30

lol! 
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:41

Sunday night would be great for me(deadline of midnight). Of course we won't know what the lineups would be until the puck drops monday. Not that it matters that much. I do like having prizes for managers that are keeping up on stuff. One or two different prizes could be cool for keeping up involvement. I know Gord does 12 hour shift work so anyday could interfere with him too. But I think he at least has access to his phone... Unless there is a crime... lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty12.09.13 14:56

Now we are talking Ray!

I would be happy with either Weekly Most Points Winner Top 3 or Highest Frequency on the Big Board Top 3.

Both are great.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty16.09.13 12:24

I just want to thank those who bought the PrimePucks Fantasy Hockey Draft Guide this year and hope that it helps you in your quest(s) for the championship.  

I ask those who did not purchase the Guide to at least inform your friends, who might be involved in other leagues, about our website.  And perhaps they'll tell 2 friends, and so.  We believe that we provide excellent coverage of fantasy hockey and just need to be noticed.  

There is free information on the site daily as well.

Thanks for all your help!

And good luck this season!

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty16.09.13 12:43

It was another excellent fantasy guide, Ray. I've passed the information on to members of my other fantasy hockey league! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty16.09.13 13:33

Thank you Matt! Hopefully you will still get the upper hand on them! Good luck!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty16.09.13 14:03

Our draft is over for this year, so it's all good. Wink Most of them are involved in multiple leagues, though, so hopefully they can benefit from it in their other pools.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty16.09.13 14:08

Okay cool! Thanks again!
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 9:59

I'm still much more in favour of playoffs.

Unknown to all you guys that had your pool last year, I did play most of the weeks. I just didn't announce my selections. I voted on the board.

I favour playoffs, because the pool shuts down six or eight weeks early. We don't interact. If we continue to interact:
- fun is enhanced
- discussions continue
- trades happen

I would definitely want the playoff pool to be a completely different bunch of players than the regular season. Owners pick new teams. Perhaps owners pick completely new teams after every round of the playoff. 25 20 15 10 (players). Failure to submit, would result in your highest scoring players remaining on your team from the previous round & the highest scoring remaining players in the NHL being added to your sheet to round out the roster.

I'm not objecting to the weekly voting, I just believe more would be achieved by adding a playoff component.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 13:20

You know I am always involved in your playoff pool Scoop, and I enjoy that one immensely although this year I was pre-occupied and stressed for time when picking my team.  No excuses though!  

Anyway, I would definitely do a playoff pool whichever way we decide to hold one.  I used to hold one in one of my leagues but players were chosen from your final roster and you only had 6 F, 2D and 1 G.   Not much work to do after the first round, and those losing top players and goalie fall out because of lack of interest.

I like your idea of selecting players and then substituting after each round.  You can make it interesting by adding this stipulation that after each round, it will cost $1 for every player added to your roster, after the initial $20 entry fee.  OR, the first three substitutes are free after each round and the rest at $1 per add after that.  It would keep most teams interested until the end although a very tough chance of gaining ground on the leaders.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 15:01

I do like your idea, Scoop, though I do think if there's money involved it should be optional for those who want to participate. I recall participating one year, and I know others in the league have participated.

My personal issue is that May is usually a very busy month for me, with a lot of time spent on the road. I generally don't have a lot of time to follow the playoffs. However, those years where I do have time I would certainly want to participate in your playoff pool.

I'll start a poll to see about the regular season options we've been discussing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 15:25

I wasn't thinking about money. Just something that kept us all hanging out a bit longer. Something that enhanced the leagues social engagement. By having a minor prize:

- additional pick in a round of the draft
or
- round of the draft adjusted by the standings of the playoff pool (perhaps the fifth or sixth or seventh)

it would further enhance the interest. Many playoff pools quickly become very uninteresting, because someone gets way out front right off the bat. If you lose all your players, there's no reason to continue to be interested. That's sort of bad.

It's also important that a playoff pool isn't a ridiculous amount of effort to play or to keep track of. One of the flaws in the playoff pool I run, is that we can't check it on line every day.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but in the morning, soon after I get up, I check the computer for emails, facebook, and fantasy hockey... I look at the standings most every day. I for one, miss this when the season comes to a conclusion.

It doesn't have to be playoffs. We could do similar things during the regular season. The intention being to have 'additional fun' to what is already great fun! Disney World is great, but they keep adding awesome things! Sort of the same concept!

Anyway, I'll quit bugging on this theme now.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 19:49

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm DisneyWorld!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty18.09.13 20:54

It's a good idea, Scoop. Would be interesting to get some feedback from others in the league. At the very least, I hope you continue to keep your own playoff pool open to the Nutbars!

And one of these days I might even rank higher than last place in a playoff pool. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty30.09.13 15:36

Yeah, I'm not sure why I'm pushing for a playoff pool. It's a long time since I brought home the cash... Actually, the other Nutbars would be wise to insist... with a couple losers like us to defeat!

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. - Seite 2 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter