Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty
BeitragThema: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty07.10.13 23:25

The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Fullsc10
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty07.10.13 23:30

And we are back fellas.  The Big Board is taking on a slightly more meaningful role this year as we do have those picks on the line.  

PoPo is out of the gates like a shot knocking off The Legion of Doom and snatching 2 spots on the Big Board.  Let's hope that your early momentum fades rather quickly my friend.  I am in no mood to begin the season at 0-2.

Who would ever have thought that Eric Staal would find his way on the board as the Dud of the Week?  Having said that, looking back at last season, we did have some notable names up there:  Enstrom, Gaborik, Tavares, Kronwall and Tarasenko to name a few.  Perhaps it is Crosby's turn next?

Have a great week guys.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty08.10.13 9:59

Thanks for the Big Board Greg. Although I must say that the omission of my team from the BB is quite upsetting considering the amount of money I handed you the other day.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty08.10.13 14:02

got some diversification happening week 1!

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty08.10.13 14:13

Thanks for keeping track of this Gregger! Will be fun to watch this with three draft picks on the line!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 0:06

Question: SHould me keep "Stud of the Week" category for forwards only? We already have a top defenseman and top goalie category, so it seems only fair that forwards should only have to compete against forwards for this. Thoughts?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 8:50

Yes, I agree. If there are already categories for the other 2 positions, then the Stud of the Week should be exclusive to forwards.

Good catch matt

Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 12:43

That's what I thought. And then Dud of the Week could be at any position.
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 13:31

I was going to ask the question "what have we done in the past" however I was actually able to find last years Weekly Wrap Up. Last year the category was open to everyone so I think we need to stick with the program. If we want to make changes for next year then we can vote on it.

Thats my thought anyway and YES Greg I have taken all of my prescribed and non-prescribed medication and allowed ample time for it to take effect prior to posting!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 17:40

should matts weekly total be higher since we had a short week last week?

like divide by the number of days and multiply by 7??

we will need to do some modifications im sure during the olympics
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty11.10.13 19:58

I'm not sure that adjusting my highest weekly total for Week 1 will make any difference, as there were six nights in the week with games, so it would only add a little bit. Considering Highest Weekly Total for most years were around 350, I'm going to conceed that 217 is not going to cut the mustard.

With regards to what Gord has to say, I don't think there was a lot of thought put into the Weekly Wrap-up in previous years because there was never any prize(s) at stake. However, since we are doing that for the first time this year, I don't see any problem starting things off on the right foot.

For example, as it stands right now (if Week 2 were to have ended last night), PK Subban would receive both the Stud of the Week and the Highest Defenseman awards. This seems odd that he would receive two appearances on the board for the same thing. Whereas if a forward were to get the Stud of the Week Award as Ovechkin did last week, he would only get one appearance.

Same goes for goalies, if Bernier were to capture the Stud of the Week and Highest Goalie, he would get two appearances on the Big Board for the same thing.

I suggest we do one of two things:

1) Make the Stud of the Week award exclusive to forwards.

2) Create another category for Top Forward, and then award the Stud of the Week to the highest point getter irrespective of position.

Either of those options would ensure a fair competition.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1   The Weekly Wrap Up:  Week 1 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

The Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1
Seite 1 von 1