Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast

ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 19:22

Hey Richard - so because you can end up with a 33 person roster after the draft then you would have only needed to drop enough players that you would not be over that amount after the draft.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 19:28

That looks right to me - I think Richard in order to have used all your draft picks you would have needed to have dropped 3 players from your current roster. Does that make sense?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 19:31

Yes, I think he has two available slots.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 19:43

Yes, you can make two more picks Richard. The only pick you can't use is your 5th rounder, as that would bring you over the maximum 33 players.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 19:53

So Gentlemen, I am off to bed now.

I was hoping to get my next two in before I went, but it did not happen.

I will be up in less than 6 hours ( affraid ) so I expect to be able to make both of my picks then. Tricky with the time zones eh?

I still am optimistic that this will be wrapped up by Sunday.

Sleep
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 20:00

Thanks guys just one sec and i will have my pick.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 20:08

The Crue will select:

Alexei Ponikarovsky
, Tor LW
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 20:28

Well, Scoop has a pick. Then Gregger will pick his next two late tonight. Then I've got one before passing it back to Mike.

SCOOP! SCOOP! SCOOP!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 20:51

Where is the current picked list?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 21:00

2 pages back
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 21:14

Damn, sorry fellows. I thought we picked an hour ago. I wasn't logged in, although I've been watching the draft. We did our pick, and I went out flooding the rink.

Anyway,

Slava Kozlov, Atlanta
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 21:17

Okay, Gregger should be up in five or six hours. I should still be up, so I'll make my pick after he's done.

Mike, I expect you'll be up with your next two picks first thing tomorrow morning. Unless you'll be up really late tonight, in which case feel free to make your selections.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 22:53

I know that I am done. No moe draft picks until September(tears welling up). I absolutely love drafting more than any other aspect of fantasy hockey. Don't get me wrong, I love the other aspects as well, but drafting is always a rush for me.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 23:03

Dear sweet Charlize,
If you could please,
Get on your ...
So as to appease
The tearful Razor!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 23:18

You've been reading the matchup posts I see. Don't tell Charlize, but I have got quite a panging for the hottie on the tv show CHUCK. Wow! Yvonne somethingorother. OMG!

Sorry, lost in thought there...

See, I do have a life other then hockey, as hard as that is to believe.

See you later...give my best(or worst) to Wizz.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty01.01.09 23:57

Up in the middle of the night over here. My wife has a major sinus infection happening.

So, I thought, I might as well keep the show on the road so to speak.

I will have a little fun here and choose:

1. James Wisniewski
2. Todd White

cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 1:47

So I just want to put out a proposal to the group. I know that Richard has not dropped enough players to use his last pick and I am just seeing if anyone would mind if he or anyone else who has not dropped enough players gets the opportunity to do so now. Richard may not want to but perhaps he does. However I know that this may cause problems but I thought I would throw it out there.

-Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 2:34

OK by me.

What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 2:42

I'd be willing to make an exception this time, but this should not be a regular occurance. It would be too easy to hang on to a player until draft day, and then drop him only if a player you are targeting is still available. That's why we set things up this way, so everyone would be on the same footing.

However, I don't believe Richard had this intention, so I don't mind making an exception this once. Let us know what you'd like to do Richard. If you want to use your last pick, please let us know who you want to drop ASAP.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 2:43

As for my pick, the Fitzsy Stars are going to choose Igor Makarov, a RW prospect for the Chicago Blackhawks.

And hopefully a future linemate of Toews and/or Kane. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 2:44

Mike has two picks now.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 2:44

Nice pick Matt.

It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

G Like a Star @ heaven
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 10:08

In response to Keegan's proposal to allow additional ddrops at this point in the draft, I must say that I am a stickler for the rules as they are set up for everyone's benefit. Some GM's plan their draft and year's strategies on these rules. Now I know we are in our infancy with the league, but if we keep making changes during the course of the season, what does this really say about the league.

Now, I did not say anything about this event before, but will say it now and then I will give my opinion. On December 31st, at around 12:30 pm, during the course of 1st round drafting, unbeknownst to me and perhaps others, Undead Army dropped Dustin Byfuglien on ESPN. No mention was made of this drop in the forum which would have made it more known to everyone in the league. Now, according to the rules, all players should have been dropped 3 days prior, but this being the league's first supplemental draft, most drops were made official on ESPN the day before we started. Then , with the 9th overall pick, Fitzsy's Stars chose Byfuglien with his pick. By the time of the drop by Undead Army, 5 or 6 picks were already made in the first round. Would someone have chosen Byfuglien instead of their other picks? Maybe, maybe not but they were not given that equal choice that those after the drop had.

Now, this particular drop and pickup are not a big deal in and of itself, but this type of transaction sets itself up for scrutinizing. Do I want it reversed? No, but what if it were a Joe Thornton, or a Martin Brodeur? That would give a huge advantage to 1 GM over another.

As far as making additional drops now, I don't mind, but they should be made after the completion of a round and everyone has enough time to process their analysis to maybe make a trade, or re-establish their rankings.

The rules are setup for everyone's viewings, enough time was given to all to understand the rules and everyone agreed to them before the start of the season. I love this league and I don't want to see it run by the seat of one's pants as we go along. That would cause problems in my mind.

Thank you for listening and hope that I am clear in my thought process being that it is so early in the morning.

Razor
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 10:40

Hey bud, I'd hate to tell you this, but look at the first post in the thread that I made for dropping players, his name is right there, I believe second on the list in the first post of the thread. The reason I didn't drop him earlier was (like I told you in PM) that I technically own his rights until the end of this week. It was made known that I was dropping him.

I agree with everything else you said.

https://nutbarsducanucks.forumotion.net/league-lounge-f2/dropped-players-t246.htm
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty02.01.09 10:48

Hi Jay,

Not trying to say you did something wrong, I am just saying that maybe you should have made another post when you actually did it on ESPN, or have done it earlier than Wednesday noon when lineups were official at 7 pm Monday.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS   ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS - Seite 5 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

ROUND ONE OF THE MID SEASON DRAFT BEGINS
Seite 5 von 10Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Weiter