Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Change of Draft Date?

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Change of Draft Date? Empty
BeitragThema: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 17:18

Please let me know here whether you are willing and able to change the draft date from Sunday, Sept 21st back to Saturday, Sept 20th at 2:00 pm EST.

Thanks,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 17:21

Might be hard. I can work something out. But I had slated for the league that I commish to draft on that date. If we move the time up to noon I would be more than perfect as my draft starts at 6pm
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 17:26

I work at 10 sat. night so assuming the draft doesnt take 7 and half hours to complete the switch is fine with me..
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 18:10

Hi Jay,

I think Greg said it's difficult for him to move the time up to 12:00 Noon EST (6:00 pm Switzerland time), so I'm going to guess that wouldn't work for him.

Let's wait and see what the others say first, because the point may be moot anyway.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 18:11

Oh yeah, and I can't see the draft lasting more than 4-5 hours Mike. So if on the slim chance we do move the draft date to Saturday, it shouldn't affect your work schedule.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 18:53

I volunteered to work saturdays at my workplace til the new year after having them off since may

I'm not about to ask for a saturday off for a fantasy league draft , sorry .

I'd welcome a refund of my 60$ fee which would allow you to replace me
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 19:09

Nobody is asking to replace you, Butch. I was just hoping Saturday might still be an option for everyone. Since it's no longer an option for you, no problem. The draft will stay on Sunday and Ray will have to find another way to make things work from his end.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 20:54

butch-cubs schrieb:
I volunteered to work saturdays at my workplace til the new year after having them off since may

??? Who's asking you do give you a refund?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 23:22

I don't mean to put anyone off on this, I thought I would ask to see if any other accomodations could be made that's all.
Since it is my problem, I will try and find a solution. Thank you all for your efforts.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 23:28

Ray, here's hoping you'll be able to find a solution. And hopefully everythings ok! Good luck bud!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty10.09.08 23:38

Thanks, Ray. Good luck finding a solution buddy.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 6:50

Jay1982 schrieb:
butch-cubs schrieb:

??? Who's asking you do give you a refund?

I would have requested a refund if draft date was changed to saturday --thats all .

I work sats for the time being(til the new year/spring) after having weekends off since may
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 10:21

Butch, I gathered as much, I was just wondering why you went to such an extreme. Matt was just putting a feeler out there to see if it was alright to swap dates.

Perhaps its due to the internet, but the way I read your message was that the request somehow offended you, or that you have had enough of debating dates and you were ready to bolt.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 14:54

I was annoyed that it was being considered --sorry man

I'm not good at buttering up my emotions
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 15:44

It's alright butch. I was just wondering what I was missing. I underfortunately HAVE to butter up emotions for a future job. Its in my nature to do the opposite, so I can see that you mean no personal foul by it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 16:11

Hey guys,

I think what we may have here is a "cross-cultural misunderstanding", as my wife would say. She studies cross-cultural maangement at SFU, and deals with cases of miscommunication all the time.

If I might humbly offer my point of view....

On one hand I do understand Butch's frustration with continued debate on the draft date. You have been with us from the beginning Butch, and you know how much we have already debated, discussed, diseminated, etc, etc, etc. It has been tough. I also suspect that you come from a background (or fantasy league) where once a draft date is set, it stays set even if Hurrcane Katrina is threatening.

On the other hand, Ray came to this league a bit later and wasn't privileged to all the difficulty in finding a draft date and format that would work for everyone. He probably doesn't realize how much we've already debated this issue. Having received a personal email from him, I also know that he wouldn't have even suggested the switch if it hadn't been for three factors:

1. A personal situation that is proving nearly impossible to get out of.
2. The inaugural draft of the league where the drafting strategy is so very important.
3. The fact that less than two weeks ago everybody was saying Saturday would work just as well as Sunday.

I also know from Ray's email that he comes from a "league culture" where members are a little more open to changing things at the last minute. I'm not saying that this approach would work here, I'm just saying that he's used to a slightly different way of managing league conflict.

Personally, I am not offended that Ray would ask if the change was possible. Considering his circumstances, I think suggesting the change is well within his rights.

However, I also feel that if changing the date is impossible for any one of the nine other managers, that we have to stay with the date already established.

Ray understands this and is now preparing to make other arrangements. I just think that we should all give him our support and hope that he can come up with a solution. I know that none of us would want to be in his shoes.

Peace brothers....

Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 16:54

I know how frustrating it can be. Last year I was in a league that drafted 2 weeks into the regular season. I was mighty upset that the commish let it slip. All of my sleepers were picked up in the mid-rounds and the whole draft was a mess. All because the commish kept changing the date. Needless to say, I won't be going back to that league.

And while I say this. I know that Ray would not have asked unless it was important. And for that, I can completely understand
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 17:48

Thanks for the story, Jay. That would have been a nightmare. I think there's a lot to be said for picking a date and sticking with it, which I know Ray understands. He told me as much in the email he sent last night, and he's working hard to find a resolution.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 18:49

No problem, I, for some reason have many stories. I really wish I didn't. lol

In 40 years I'll be that old guy who gathers kids around talking about the old days........hopefully we'll have jetpacks by then
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 18:53

Just as long as your dentures don't fall out when you're talking to them.... What a Face
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 19:14

Aye laddy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 20:29

we actually slow live drafted the entire league that I commish /webmaster in the summer of 2004 --then , no nhl for an entire year --lockout

we managed to stick together as a group .we discussed the lockout for the entire time (on the league boards)hoping we'd get to test drive our rosters that year --but we all know how that ended

next thing we knew it was the ''crosby'' draft and we were back in business for 05-06 season .

going strong 3 years later

obviously not a viable option for us --but slow live dfting is the best way to build a keeper league team from the ground up
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 20:58

I agree, you get time to make slow calculated choices. Here, we'll be pretty much flying by the seat of our pants by round 4, lol. But thats ok, the good tradesmiths will work their magic. I'm just hoping I won't need to resort to my plan Bs, because, as we all know, they are plan B for a reason, lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty11.09.08 22:56

I think she's gonna be a crazy draft, no question. At least you guys have a plan. Some of us will be flying by the seats of our pantyhose.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty12.09.08 15:09

Hey guys,

leave the draft date and time the way it was set up. I will work it out, just like the Beatles said I could.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Change of Draft Date?   Change of Draft Date? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Change of Draft Date?
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter