Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Week 16: Smack Board

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Week 16:  Smack Board Empty
BeitragThema: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty11.01.10 10:08

Jay had a good idea last week, posting a Smack Board on our forum seeing as ESPNs rarely seems to work.

Week 16

5 more weeks before our regular season is over. Following that it seems as though we will have an Olympic break (Feb 16th - end of Feb more or less) and then begin our playoffs at the beginning of March. The NHL resumes its schedule on the 1st of March. Things are looking pretty rosy for Brandon at the moment with only two losses this season at the hands of Keegan and Richard. Keegan will have to give it gas if he is to steal the regular season championship away from Soo Storm.

Last week, after 14 weeks of trying, I finally had one of my players post the highest weekly total. Kovalchuk? Malkin? Nope. Jonas Hiller. My Swiss Connection. Here are how things have shaped up so far:

W1 Ovechkin
W2 Heatley
W3 Ovechkin
W4 Kopitar
W5 Horton
W6 Kopitar
W7 Zetterberg
W8 Thorton
W9 Crosby
W10 Backstrom
W11 Ovechkin
W12 Horton
W13 Kane
W14 Bourque

That is 7 times for Matt Jackson. That is 50% of the time (not including last week that is). Crazy. Next in line is Jay I believe with 3 winners.

Congratulations to Brandon. If my calculations are correct, he has set the weekly record with our first topping of 300 points. Full power this week for you Brandon. You are a force this season.

Now, on to my match up with Scoop. I got you last time Scoop (167.8-139.6), but that was without both Hossa and Markov. A much different story this time, although I just noted that Hossa is day to day with an inflamed penis from his recent enlargement surgery. Not sure how serious it is. 4 games for Heatley does not make me happy, but it was so the last time we met. Interestingly, COL also had only two games last time we met. Weird.

So, on to predictions: Desolation Row 208.2 - Arthur Tigers 246.4.

More predictions: 5 in a row for Desolation Row. Inconceivable. Right place at the right time for me. With 5 weeks left, I expect a 1-4 record. Perhaps a 2-3 tops. Let's hope that is enough to slip me into the playoffs and if so, let's hope that my first match up is not against Brandon.

Good luck to all. Other than Scoop that is.

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 19.01.10 1:45 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty11.01.10 10:59

I can't believe my shit luck this season. Last year I had a shitty team and deserved my record. But this season I find I have a fantastic lineup, I seem to be catching all the bad bounces. The only consolation is that I have my draft pick back and I still have a chance to pull it together for the playoffs and hope that the lineup I set as of Monday afternoon stays healthy until at least tuesday night. Good week Greg and good luck the rest of the way
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty11.01.10 11:12

Thanks Jay. I sure caught a break with Bergeron and Savard missing time. Most importantly I caught you on a bad week. You have had some tough breaks this season and looking at your roster I had no business being even close at weeks end. I have, of late, caught the right people at the right time.

Good luck to you this week Jay. You most definitely have your hands full with Ray.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty11.01.10 15:08

Jason schrieb:
I can't believe my shit luck this season. Last year I had a shitty team and deserved my record. But this season I find I have a fantastic lineup, I seem to be catching all the bad bounces. The only consolation is that I have my draft pick back and I still have a chance to pull it together for the playoffs and hope that the lineup I set as of Monday afternoon stays healthy until at least tuesday night. Good week Greg and good luck the rest of the way

In H2H you definitely need Lady Luck to be on your side, as my team has discovered this season. Last year she gave me some important bounces, so I can't complain too much. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty11.01.10 16:22

How many more weeks until I get to lose to Matt again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty13.01.10 16:21

Let's get some damn trading going for goodness sakes!

It can't be that everyone is thrilled with their roster could it be?

I have a theory.

After one year together, we are starting to develop unnatural, fantasmal relationships with certain players on our respective rosters. Hence, the stark decrease in trades this of late. Heck, even Brandon hasn't traded in weeks. Something has to give!
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty13.01.10 18:26

lol, well i did account for 50% of the trading last year. if i weren't leading this thing i would be making more deals, but why mess with perfection haha. being at the top is definitely going to my head Smile

im thinking after a year and a half of having the same players on certain teams there are alot more untouchable than in the first few months of the league.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty13.01.10 18:41

Ever think of dealing Gaborik whilst his value is skyhigh? That must be tempting Brandon no?

You could get the moon for him now.

Before he..........tweaks something.
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty13.01.10 23:52

well greg it has crossed my mind, i haven't approached anyone about it but im open to ideas
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty14.01.10 1:45

That is the spirit my good man. Now hurry up and trade him before he hurts himself.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Week 16: Smack Board   Week 16:  Smack Board Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Week 16: Smack Board
Seite 1 von 1