Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.

Nach unten 
+4
Ice Dawgs
Soo Storm
Fitzsy Stars
Desolation Row
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter

Legacy Prize
1. I am in favour of increasing the annual fee by $10 such that every second season the GM who has accumulated the most total points in that time period will be awarded a $200 cash prize.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_lcap20%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
2. I am in favour of increasing the annual fee by $10 such that an annual award of $100 would go to the GM who had the best track record of picking the weekly winners.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_lcap30%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
3. None of the above thank you very much.
Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_lcap50%Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 10

AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty
BeitragThema: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty27.08.13 23:50

After my post on July 29th concerning this thorny topic, it seems that we have reached an agreement of sorts on much of this business.  Here is what seems to be, by all accounts, a good portion of our solution:

Total keepers will be determined by our regular season record.  As we have done this season, 1st place will hold 10, 2nd place will hold 11, 3rd through 8th place will hold 12 and the 9th and 10th finishers will hold 13.

and

Draft order will be determined by inverse order of regular season rankings with a weighted lottery between the two non playoff teams to determine the order of 1st and 2nd pick.

The loose end here seems to be the legacy prize.  And this is what we ought to solve with a poll.

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 07.10.13 22:51 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 12:22

Just an FYI:

I voted for Option Two, but if my vote needs to be a tie-breaker, I would prefer Option Three over Option One.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 12:28

i voted option 2. if tiebreaker i would select option 1.

also if we select option 2 we need to set a rule that you must vote BEFORE mondays game start
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 13:02

Desolation Row schrieb:
After my post on July 29th concerning this thorny topic, it seems that we have reached an agreement of sorts on much of this business.  Here is what seems to be, by all accounts, a good portion of our solution:

Total keepers will be determined by our regular season record.  As we have done this season, 1st place will hold 10, 2nd place will hold 11, 3rd through 8th place will hold 12 and the 9th and 10th finishers will hold 13.

and

Draft order will be determined by inverse order of regular season rankings with a weighted lottery between the two non playoff teams to determine the order of 1st and 2nd pick.

whats about the number of prospects being kept?

The loose end here seems to be the legacy prize.  And this is what we ought to solve with a poll.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 14:14

In regards to setting the total number of keepers a team may keep prior to a draft, , I believe it should be 5 maximum for each of the 10 teams.

I am okay leaving it the way it is, but I would say 5 is a fair amount for each team. That's how the rules state each team must have minimum by the end of the draft, so to keep it uniform, 5 max prior and 5 minimum at the completion of the September draft.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 20:48

Do you mean Farm Team Eligible players Ray?

I am all for that rule change as it just simplifies things.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 20:50

Exactly Gregger
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 20:51

Not that it will be much of a surprise to anyone, but I voted for option number one just for the sheer pleasure of it.

Option two seems a tad laborious to me with weekly voting. I can never seem to keep up with that. It is fun, but I often find it challenging to get my votes in prior to Mondays start.

Come what come may.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 20:55

Yea, it is difficult to track, especially when you want everyone to vote by Monday night.

I like the overall record over 2 seasons, but there's the delay in satisfaction.

I know you keep the weekly summary which is pretty neat. Perhaps giving the award for the team that appears most in the weekly summaries over the course of the year. Just thinking out loud.

Anyway, the poll is almost done with. It will be time for another soon enough.
Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 21:04

I'm contemplating a team name change again.  This time it will be TNT, which will stand for "Twerking not Tanking" in honor of Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty28.08.13 21:29

Love the name change Ray.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty04.09.13 20:43

And so it is settled.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty09.09.13 13:22

I still think it would be fun to run some extra contests with the prize being draft order. Consider having a playoff pool based on the NHL playoffs. Everyone picks 25 players that they want. Whoever gets the most points, wins, of course. 1st prize is the 1st pick in the eighth round, 2nd prize is the second pick...

We could run several contests like this annually. A playoff contest would see us continuing to have fun longer into the year. We sort of disband at the end of the NHLs regular season.

We would need to have prizes be in the later rounds of the draft, so as not to significantly impact the league.

Bonus picks might be another option. Have a bonus pick in the ? 3rd round ?

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty09.09.13 13:40

Some interesting ideas, Scoop. Maybe some kind of contest for an extra draft pick in a given round. For example, whoever wins the weekly winner contest could receive an extra 5th round pick, 2nd place in that contest might get an extra 6th round pick, and 3rd place might get an extra 7th round pick.

I'd be game for something like that.

Although continuing to interact during the playoffs is nice, I'm often gone during that time of year and can't really pay attention to what is going on.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty10.09.13 11:33

For example, whoever wins the weekly winner contest could receive an extra 5th round pick, 2nd place in that contest might get an extra 6th round pick, and 3rd place might get an extra 7th round pick.

Yep. Love it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty10.09.13 14:06

For example, whoever wins the weekly winner contest could receive an extra 5th round pick, 2nd place in that contest might get an extra 6th round pick, and 3rd place might get an extra 7th round pick.

Yeah, I kind of like it too...nothing too crazy
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty10.09.13 14:11

Glad you guys like the idea.

To me it seems like enough of a reward to encourage managers to participate, and yet if they aren't able to participate (or they lose) it's not going to cause any significant imbalance.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty10.09.13 22:02

I like it too
The money prize i think was a bit much
But a few extra picks here and there makes it more of a reason to vote but not a bog disappointment if u miss a week or 2
Nach oben Nach unten
Basement Dwellers

Basement Dwellers

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 08.12.11

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 16:24

I don't mean to dampen the mood here but I would have to say no to this.

I am not interested in participating in the weekly pick thing. I have done this kind of thing in the past and have allways ended up forgetting to make picks. I don't care for the idea of picks being awarded either regardless of the round.

I do not recall the exact number invloved last year but I don't think it included half of us no?

Anyway, other then that I agree with everything. Hehe.

Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 16:53

I think with the additional motivation of the draft picks that participation will skyrocket.  

Did you forget to take your laxitive this morning Gord?  Shocked
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 21:35

Are we (or perhaps just I) confusing the weekly Winner contest with the Points winner that Greg keeps track of , and the one on the SmackBoards that everyone picks the matchup winners?

I don't think the Smack Board record should be worth anything in all honesty.  I started that just for the fun of it.

Zuletzt von Buffalo Cab Co. am 11.09.13 22:06 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 21:41

I thought that Matt was referring to the smackboard one where we predict the winner of each match up.

The Weekly Total and the Nightly Total are each awarded with a $50 cash prize.

Truthfully, I am easy on this. If people are interested, great. If not, also great. The most important thing for me is that somebody's starting goalie gets injured early so I can hose them in a trade. That is my main focus at this juncture. affraid 
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 22:11

I was actually referring to the smackboards contest where we all vote on the weekly winners. I know a few of us have had fun with that over the last couple of years, and having a few middling draft picks to give away to the winners seems like a good way to encourage participation without causing undue stress to those who lose (or can't/don't want to participate).

I'm open to starting a poll on this topic to see what everyone thinks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 22:26

Okay, I could go along with that then.  BUT, we must have a minimum amount of matches selected in order to qualify.  SO if someone misses a week or two, or even three, they can still be in it so that participants don't lose interest if they forget or miss a week.  Secondly, picks must be in before the start of action, or at least by Monday night midnight/Tuesday morning.

There are 19 weeks in the season with 5 matchups in each week.  75 pick minimum, that's 15 weeks of picks.

That should be sufficient.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty11.09.13 22:55

Sure, I can agree with that. That would allow people to miss as many as four weeks and still be able to participate. For those who participate in all 19 weeks, would they get to throw out their worst four weeks? Or would we average their performance?

I think we should set a limit of 7:00 pm EST to participate in any given week, though if everyone wants midnight I can be persuaded pretty easily. If we set it at 7:00 pm, that would avoid any problems of some people claiming others had the advantage of seeing results on Monday night.

I'm actually fine with midnight myself, I just don't want to have to deal with anybody claiming that things aren't fair. LOL.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.   Keeper and Draft Order Poll.  At last. Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Keeper and Draft Order Poll. At last.
Seite 1 von 3Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3  Weiter