Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?

Nach unten 
5 verfasser

Should we continue to allow Post Keeper Trades?
1. Yes.
Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Vote_lcap22%Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
2. No.
Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Vote_lcap78%Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 9

AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty
BeitragThema: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty20.03.10 19:52

Hello to all. I hope that this post finds everyone in good health and spirits. I am just happy to have my R1 match up vs Matt over with and now I can enjoy 6 months of relative peace and tranquility before being humiliated again next season.

Brandon has recently exposed a potentially problematic gray area of our Post Keeper Trades with his Kaberle example (see Mr Jackson's very eloquent thread on Keeper Slots). Matt and I have discussed it and think that a poll might be the best way to sort this out before we run into any type of complications. Quite simply:

Should we do away with Post Keeper Trades altogether or should we continue to allow them despite their imperfections?

Given the democratic nature of our league, the majority will rule. I also will throw in free health care for all and complimentary cheese platters for anyone with a BMI less than 24.5.

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 05.04.10 13:58 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty22.03.10 9:47

Still short 4 votes fellers.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty22.03.10 16:18

Three to go.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty22.03.10 19:40

When would this rule go into effect if I were to vote no?
We already have post keeper trades on the books for after this years keeper deadline - after next years keeper deadline?

Essentially this would impose a no-trade period of one week before the draft correct? Then once the draft started we would be able to trade again?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty22.03.10 22:48

That is a good question, Keegan.

Since there is already one post-keeper trade on the books for next season, perhaps we should allow more post keeper trades for this year (to keep the playing field level), but disallow them after that.

And if a post keeper trade looks fishy (ie. somebody trades players and has most or all of them returned to them right after the drop deadline), then Greg and I reserve the right to veto that trade. I'm just trying to think of a way to avoid trading "keeper slots" this year, while at the same time allowing post keeper trades to go through for one more season.

That way we are all on the same playing field.

If anybody disagrees with this assessment please say so now, otherwise I think we'll rule this way. It's clear that in the future most people want to avoid post-keeper trades.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 1:26

Not to be a contrarian but if we deem that we aren't allowed to do trades post keepers because it violates and perverts the integrity of the league then they should be done away with all together asap. Since we already have one trade we can allow them to restructure the deal if they need to do so.

I also want to state that if we do decide to make any future changes when the votes are cast changes should take effect immediately. If a rule is in need of a change I don't see why we should have time delay on it
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 1:58

my opinion is that the rule takes place immediately and no further post keeper trades are allowed, but im fine with whatever the group decides.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 2:03

So would the trade that Greg and I already carried out be cancelled?
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 2:07

I am with Jay and Brandon on this one fellers.

Not sure what Jay means WRT our PKD being restructured. What did you have in mind Jay?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 2:40

Greg, I am kinda lost, lol. What are you asking me to clarify? Lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 2:43

I love lamp.

I'm completely confused now.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 3:36

Hopefully this clarifies everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrpnSGApLk
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 11:45

I'm fine with disallowing post keper trades immediately, so long as everyone else is fine with Greg and Joel keeping the one they've already hammered out. I don't think it would be fair to ask them to reverse it at this point.

Thoughts?
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 11:49

I agree. We already went through the process regarding their trade and to go back and disallow it at this point is unfair to them. To not allow "post keeper trades" going forward immediately is fair and equitable.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty23.03.10 14:02

agreed
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty26.03.10 16:56

I personally see it as best and most fair to disallow post-keeper trades after this year as it keeps a level playing field for everyone.
I highly doubt that we will see another one this year but on the off chance I am kind of for allowing the possibility, mainly due to the keep things level.

Those are my thoughts though.

-Keegan
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty27.03.10 21:04

When you think about it, all this new rule will really do is discourage certain types of trades until we've actually dropped our players. For example, the trade Greg and I did last year with Kovalchuk for Lecavalier and Hemsky would have probably still been done, but we just would have sat on it until after our players were dropped. We could have done the same trade between the drop deadline and the draft, or even after the draft had been completed. This rule would really only have delayed the trade.

What I will say here is the same thing we said last year about minimizing one's line-up when your team is out of contention to get a better draft position. Everyone should respect what we're trying to accomplish and if their intent is to do an actual trade to benefit their team by trading players, prospects or draft picks, then by all means do it. However, if you're intent is to circumnavigate the rules like Brandon's Kaberle example, then don't do it.

Bottom line is: Greg and I don't want to have to step in to veto a trade that looks like it's circumventing these rules. Everyone in this league doesn't want a trade review process and we don't want one either. So let's just trade in the spirit of the league's rules and everything will be alright.

Does that sound like a fair way to approach things?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty27.03.10 21:47

Sounds reasonable to me. I really don't forsee any issues based on the group we have here.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty27.03.10 22:32

I'm actually not too concerned regarding rule development and implementation of these rules. I've seen times when it was necessary (because of a problem that impeded the league, resulting from new rule developments) that a rule was brought in mid-stream. In every instance inwhich I have participated, the voting body retained the long term benefit of the league, when considering and implementing the rules. I have mild concerns regarding rules coming into play mid-flight. These adjustments in some instances have the ability to affect how you manage your team. New rules mid-stream can benefit some, while hurting others. Thus, when implementing after the start of a season, exceptional care needs taken so as not to offend even one participant.

It's been a great Fantasy League. I hope it continues like this for a very long time!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty28.03.10 2:26

I agree guys. I don't think we'll have any problem with the quality group of guys here.

I joined another keeper league last fall and my goodness, the difference between that one and this one are like night and day. So much squabbling back and forth -- some owners want to put the league first, while others only care about their team. We're doing an almost full reset for next year, so I figure I'll stick with it for one more year at least. But if the dynamics don't change somewhat it's unlikely I'll stick with it beyond that.

We've definitely got a good thing going with the Nutbars. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty28.03.10 6:47

I think the important thing for everyone to remember here is that I am the most important member of the league and without me, the entire league would crumble much like an Apple Betty that has been recklessly piled too high.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty28.03.10 11:58

Yes Greg... that's exactly how we all feel. Just exactly that way.

(snicker, snicker, snort, snort)

Oops, fell off my chair.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty29.03.10 0:25

Desolation Row schrieb:
Apple Betty that has been recklessly piled too high.

LMAO!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty29.03.10 9:47

Is she related to Ugly Betty? I think I dated her back inthe 70's.

Ray
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?   Poll:  Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Poll: Continue to allow Post Keeper Trades or do away with them altogether?
Seite 1 von 1