Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Official Prospects Draft Forum

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Gast

Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 17:24

I added a gate keeper to my farm team thread .

please do visit and say hi to clyde
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 17:34

Alright, the 30 minutes are up for Mike to re-choose his last prospect.

Anytime you log on, Mike, feel free to make your last pick. But we're now going to finish the draft regardless.

So Jay, if you're out there feel free to pick whenever you want....

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:14

I'm back from my slumber, the Montreal Maroons pick Pheonix prospect Kevin Porter.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:25

Nice pick, Jay. That guy has a lot of potential.

Brandon has actually passed along a short list for his last pick, and so he chooses:

Robbie Schremp
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:28

It's a tough call for me because there are so many amazing prospects still out there.

But I really like the potential of Steve Mason, Goalie for Columbus. He could be a star starter on an up-and-coming squad by as early as next year.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:30

So that's a wrap folks! I would say a round of applause goes out to everyone. It's quite amazing we were able to finish this in less than three days. The only thing we don't know is who Mike wants to replace Lisin with for his last pick.

So ... whenever you get the chance Mike, let me know who you want for your last farm team spot and I will add them to the books!

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:32

Yeah, I gave a hard long look at Schremp, but for some reason Edmonton is keeping his surpressed. So he'll need to be traded or wait till is contract is up for a legit shot. Atleast that's what I think. I really wanted to pick him too cause he's a wiz with the puck.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:36

Matty, yea i just hockeydb'd him and your right.... my bad
I'll take Luca Caputi from the Niagara Ice Dogs
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:37

I think Schremp is another one of those classic high risk, high reward type players. Under the right coach and system he could flourish, but he hasn't seemed to have found that yet. But you never know....
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:37

nice pick, another guy I had a look over of.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:38

Hey Mike,

Yeah, sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, I would have picked Caputi before Lisin anyway.

Not that I am am such an expert.... lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 18:39

lol!
thanks matty
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 19:21

I was high on Schremp and was actually going to select him but thought with all those centers and forwards in Edmonton, he wouldn't be involved for a while, hence the Wheeler pick.

That's my take.

A big round of applause for the gang, you did a tremendous job....nice and smooth, some good comraderie, a minor conflict, tons of posts from our co-commish and some naked drafting by our European sanction.

Well done!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 19:38

Just to put my two cents in on the whole Schremp thing i think he has all the talent in the world and i really wanted to pick him but i think he has some attitude issues. He seems to me in the interviews i have seen that he expects to be in the NHL and up until this year he was unwilling to train harder and work at the problem areas of his game. Its pretty well known his defensive game needs work and he is not the fastest guy on the ice, but i have heard he has been working hard this offseason so who knows if he can pick up his defensive game could be a hell pick.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 19:41

Interesting take on Schremp, Richard. If a guy with that kind of talent makes the necessary commitment to improving, the Oilers may not be able to keep him off the team. Perhaps that is what Schrmep is counting on....

Time will tell.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 20:28

I think it comes down to his commitment to the defensive zone he will always be an offensive threat you cant teach that but defense can be taught, will he choose to learn and accept a slightly different role for a year two remains to be seen. I personally think if he doesn't make the team out of camp he will/should be traded as its a shame to waste him in the minors and the Oilers again in my opinion need help on the back-end a hardnosed gritty shutdon d-man.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 20:39

Yeah, they certainly seem to have enough young, supersonic forwards, don't they? They gave away their shutdown D Man in Jason Smith.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 21:13

Whos your favorite team Matt?
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 21:38

My favourite NHL team? Definitely the Flames, although as the years go by and I'm more involved with hockey pools I am becoming more a fan of great hockey in general.

You?
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:15

Well Richard, I too think Schremp is pretty interesting. This is the first time I've played this prospects game, in this fashion. Schremp will either limp past that 25 game mark or explode. It seems to me we're looking for explosions! You can argue you drafted the guy with the tastiest set of hands in the world!

Favourite teams - Arthur Vipers, Pee Wee! Wellington North Ringers! I'm terrible, I don't cheer for anyone, but I guess I'm warm for the Leafs & underdogs! We get to go see the Leafs every few years. I think I'm the only cat on the planet that liked Ted Nolan (other than his wife & kids). I love Jacques Lemaire! Players, again I would tell you I like Brind'Amour, Tim Taylor (retired), Ethan Moreau, Jason Smith, Mike Keane, Ian Laperierre... warriors that pay the price night in, and night out. They do the dirty work. They lead on the ice, at practise, off the ice and even babysit some of the young stars on their clubs. True professionals. Not very many of them are useful in our pool!

Red, he's got a soft spot for the Atlanta Thrashers. A year ago we had Kovy, Hossa & Lehtonen. They appeared to be on the rise. Since then we lost Hossa to Free Agency, so I took the basket of parts that was offered in trade. Then the other guy lost him to the highest $$ at the end of the year. Lehtonen got packaged up for Brodeur in the spring and finally we had to part with Kovy (salary cap implications) in bringing Kane on board. At the moment, we've got no Atlanta Thrashers.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:23

Im all about the Flames i was on the red mile every game during 2004 till it got stupid and the idiots who didnt know a hockey puck from a football started showing up and just ruined it for everyone.

The best nights where when we beat the Canucks and then Detroit, it kind of went downhill after that. I was too young to be on Electric ave when we won the cup in 89 but i watched it on tv and saw footage and it looked like a riot. I've been a fan as long as i can remember through good and bad and always will be.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:32

Hey Scoop,

Your not the only one who liked Ted Nolan i hated that he was black listed i soooo wanted him in Calgary i think he is a hell of a coach who does not compromise his principles.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:35

The Thrashers eh well at least you still kovy and im thinking Kari knows he has to put up decent numbers this year or his days of being a starter may be over so i'm sure he will be ready and chomping on the bit to get the season going.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:48

Hmmm. Flames.

All time 1st Stars
G - Vernon (cause he won the cup)
D - Big Mac, Suter (a threat is in the building!)
F - Iggy.... damn for a team that's had a few 50 goal guys, you'd think it'd be easy to rattle off three that were superior for the All time team... Nieuwendyk & Theo.

Best rookies - Suter, Vail, Phaneuf... and the Magic Man! Better put Plett on there too, he won the Calder. (I know some of those guys were in Atlanta)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty03.09.08 23:57

Im glad you put Suter in there so many people forget about him. I think Fleury is the best all time draft pick the flames have made 187th or something and leader in most offensive stats (Iginla has broke or will break all of them eventually). I was a big fan of Willie Plett and Ed Beers way back and have vague memories of Guy Choinard(spelling)? being a slick passer.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Official Prospects Draft Forum   Official Prospects Draft Forum - Seite 16 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Official Prospects Draft Forum
Seite 16 von 17Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Weiter