Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Dobber Leagues

Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty10.09.09 20:54

Any of you trying to get in one the multi-tiered leagues that are setup through Dobberhockey? Would be great to have a few of you work your way up and the Nutbars can take over the Expert tier!

We have the draft tonight for it, should be a ton of fun. Placed 4th last year, but I honestly think this year is a much more competitive group so I might be in trouble.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty10.09.09 20:56

Small Town Dynasty schrieb:
Any of you trying to get in one the multi-tiered leagues that are setup through Dobberhockey? Would be great to have a few of you work your way up and the Nutbars can take over the Expert tier!

We have the draft tonight for it, should be a ton of fun. Placed 4th last year, but I honestly think this year is a much more competitive group so I might be in trouble.

Takeover through osmosis. I like it! Nobody will see us coming until it's too late.... affraid
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 0:29

Well just finished the Expert draft and I drafted 10 of 12. An interesting place. Had last year's champ on one side of me and another solid competitor in lanky on the other. let's just say I had a LOT of picks taken right before I was snagging them.

C - O Jokinen, Kopitar, Sharp, B Richards
LW - Cammalleri, Kariya, A Kostitsyn, Rolston
RW- Iginla, Hemsky, Dumont, Callahan
D - Chara, Campbell, Jovanovski, Gilbert, Goligoski, Ohlund
G - Luongo, Price

Bench: Crombeen, Filatov, Sekera, Hensick, Rask.

Its weekly rosters so goalies that split time are no good and roto style so all stats are important.

I am pretty weak on PIM and hence I grabbed Crombeen, but I think I might suffer a touch there.

Any thoughts?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 0:35

I like your everything except your C position. If Olli plays up to what he should then you are golden, but if he continues down his path of mediocracy you might be in trouble if Kopitar doesn't have his breakout. You've got a really good RW and a solid D core. Price should have a good campaign and with Luongo you can't really go wrong. In regards to PIM you might do well if you can maybe trade one of AK, Rolston, or Kariya if he gets hot for a good PIM who might chip in the SHP here or there (that is if they are counting SHP, I don't know I haven't read anything on the leagues he runs over there.)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 0:40

The stats are:

G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG

and

W, GAA, Saves

I might have reached for Jokinen, but I just remember back to the days when he was a fantasy roto stud and hoping he'll produce again.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 0:43

I'm not all that familiar with roto style leagues, but I have to say I like your team.

1) CENTRES: Your centres are solid with Kopitar likely having a breakout year this season, and O. Jokinen and B. Richards bouncing back. Richards in particular should flourish under a more offensive coach like Crawford.

2) LEFT WINGERS: I think you're in decent shape here. Cammy could suffer under a Jacques Martin system, but he should still be good for 25-30 goals and 70 points. Kariya should bounce back to 70-75 points. Rolston to the 55-60 point range.

3) RIGHT WINGERS: Right wing is a tough position to fill, but you managed to wind up with two of the best. Iginla is the best RW in the NHL right now, and should give you a few PIMs as well. Hemsky is also a top five RW in my mind, and I'm expecting big things from him sooner rather than later.

4) DEFENCE: I think getting Chara was big in your league, as he is a multi-cat stud. Very nice. Campbell should be around 60 points, and Goligoski could take that next step. If so, you should be in decent shape here as well.

5) GOALIES: You must have taken these guys with two of your top picks. Perhaps the best 1-2 punch in the league? This alone could help you win championships.

6) PROSPECTS: Filatov and Rask should be future stars, and FIlatov nicely covers you at LW for the future. Very nice.

All in all I think you're in pretty darn good shape here. How do you think your teams tacks up to other squads?

How many players do you get to keep at year's end? Looks from your comment that you only keep two.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 1:01

No this is just a one year league. A guy like Rask is basically a huge flyer in case Thomas gets injured or stumbles out of the gate. Same with Filatov. Pick them up now and if they have a 'wow' year then fine, if not then we'll scrounge the WW for other scraps.

I'm not sure how I stand against the other rosters, it was a crazy difficult draft this year, much harder than last season I found.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 1:07

Yeah, you might get bitten by PIM a little bit. Any chance you might be able to trade a guy like Kariya or Cammalleri for Morrow or Hartnell? Camy should have a fair bit of value right now with his 80 point season last year, and maybe the GM who owns one of these other guys hasn't thought about the more defensive system under Martin. I think Cammy tops out at 70 points this year.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty11.09.09 1:08

Not a bad idea. Hartnell was certainly a guy I wanted.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Dobber Leagues Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Dobber Leagues   Dobber Leagues Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Dobber Leagues
Seite 1 von 1