Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?

Nach unten 
4 verfasser

Who's the stud GM?
1. Keegan (The Omnipresence) S Stamkos, J Halak, Z Bogosian, N Kulemin, J Howard
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap20%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
2. Greg (Slow Train) K Turris, T.J. Oshie, M Frolik, B Elliott, M Pacioretty
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap30%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
3. Butch (Schumacher Cubs) K Okposo, F Brunnstrom, A Pietrangelo, I Vishnevskiy, C Pickard
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap0%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4. Richard (Motley Crue) J van Riemsdyk, P Berglund, M Del Zotto, Z Hammil, M Tedenby
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap0%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. Razor (Mr. Jonium's Rink Rats) C Giroux, O Pavelec, T Hickey, B MacLean, B Wheeler
 0% [ 0 ]
6. Mike (Vandelay Industries) N Filatov, S Matthias, A Cheraponov, R Helenius, L Caputi
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap20%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
7. Scoop & Red (Arthur Tigers) D Brassard, D Doughty, J Pesonen, A Salmela, P Hornqvist
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap10%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
8. Jay (Montreal Maroons) J Voracek, T Rask, K Beach, C Hodgson, K Porter
Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_lcap10%Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
9. Brandon (Soo Storm) B Ryan, M Boedker, B Sanguinetti, J Markstrom, R Schrempf
 0% [ 0 ]
10. Matt (Fitzsy Stars) J Bernier, T Purcell, M Backlund, P Rinne, S Mason
 10% [ 1 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 10

AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty
BeitragThema: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 7:16

Hello gentlemen. A poll for the road so to say. I am curious what people think. Which GM stole the show?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 10:24

SCOOP n RED cast their vote for Mike. Three great younGuns to open the draft. Cherapanov could be the ticket to truly being able to declare a victory. Of course we may not see him until 2018! Red could be finishing University by then!

Of course we left ourselves out of the consideration! We're clearly the victors in the Finnish category. I think you could say SCOOP n RED are Finnished... Lotsa great Finnish break through players in recent times like .... .... .... .... Toivonen....

Happy Finnish stories like .... .... .... .... Selanne, Numminen. Forsberg should get his nationality changed.

Next on the agenda Koivu's & Jokinen's!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 12:19

I voted for Greg, Kyle Turris is a great pickup, and you can't deny the talent that lies within Max Pax. He's the all around package. Your mid picks were solid safe picks as well.

Now, with that said. I'm extremely happy with my farm, I got everyone I wanted from rounds 1-4. And I was gunning for Blake Wheeler in the 5th, but having him snatched made me realize Kevin porter was an even better option for MY team and MY strategy going into NEXT summer (yep, I'm already planning on next summer).
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 13:23

I have to say that I really like Keegan's team: he's got a real nice balance there with forwards, defense and goalies. He picked Halak, which I was hoping nobody would notice so that I could nab him in the 3rd round Smile I think his farm squad will make a real difference for him this year especially, what with all of them (except for perhaps Howard), playing top line minutes. Halak would be playing top line minutes for a back-up goalie. And the fact that he's got some positional diversity might make it easier for him to hang onto these young guns when next summer rolls around.

I also really like Gregger's team for this year. Three young studs who'll be tearing it up (Turris, Oshie, Frolik), and a great back-up goalie in Elliott. And don't forget about Max, who in hindsight may end up being the steal of the 5th round.

Not surprisingly, I am not at all dissatisfied with my team, either. I knew I would be going goalie-heavy since I'll be getting last crack at a tender in the regular draft ... the one disadvantage to drafting first Smile So my farm team won't have much impact this year (with the exception of Purcell), but I remain very high on Backlund, Bernier and Mason for 2009-10 and beyond.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 13:43

btw, whoever voted for me Embarassed thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 13:58

I thought you had a real good draft as well, Jay. The only guy I'm not sold on is Beach, especially considering his two concussions.

Nevertheless - as with many prosspects - he could be a tremendous player with healthy PIMs, especially if he gets on a line with Kane and Toews. And I do believe Tallon was talking about that very possibility at the draft this year. cheers

The classic boom or bust, eh?
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 14:32

Don't you fellows know, this is where you're supposed to say what a great job SCOOP n RED did. Then Red will walk around, chest all puffed out and bragging up a storm with his buddies. So far, all he's got to brag is the Arthur Tigers are "Finnished". He's even having a hell of a time pronouncing some of the names... Thank God Doughty played just a 1/2 hour down the road for the last few years. At least his buddies are impressed with that!

I just keep dreaming of the announcers:

"Ever slick Brassard fakes a shot, over to Nash and in the net! God that midget can shake & groove."

"Doughty to Kopitar to Frolov. THEY SCOOOOORE! Hey Bob, that's a talented set of kids out there for the Kings. Did you know they are a combined -128 this year?"

"Pissonin to Crosby. OH MY GAWWWWWWWWDDDDD! We'll be telling our Grandchildren about that one! (from the background, "Hey Bob, Pee So Nen - not Piss ON IN.")"

"Martin to Salmela. How the hell do you say this guys name? They score! Did you see that shot! Where'd they dig up that guy? "That was a can of salmon!""

"That Horny bastard tosses it out front to Arnott. They score! God, if they only had Forsberg, Kariya, Radulov, Vokoun, Timonen, Hartnell and Zidlicky, well this would be a good team. Who am I forgetting?" From the background - "Bob, that's Hornqvist, not horny bastard. This is broadcast is going straight across Nashville.... say whatever you like. Ballsy's taking the team to Hamilton anyway."
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 15:28

Jay1982 schrieb:
I did. I was running a fever this morning, all better now thanks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 16:22

Just voted for Matt. Cute little guy.

Greg
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 17:55

razor schrieb:
Jay1982 schrieb:
I did. I was running a fever this morning, all better now thanks.

lol, ahhh shucks
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 18:05

fitzsystars schrieb:
I thought you had a real good draft as well, Jay. The only guy I'm not sold on is Beach, especially considering his two concussions.

Nevertheless - as with many prosspects - he could be a tremendous player with healthy PIMs, especially if he gets on a line with Kane and Toews. And I do believe Tallon was talking about that very possibility at the draft this year. cheers

The classic boom or bust, eh?

Exactly, if he reaches his potential, it could be a great steal, if not, oh well, a drop. lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 20:06

Hey Scoop N Red,

Didn't want to disclude you from getting some recognition. I think the fact that your picks are a bit sneakier (and no doubt far better researched) means that the quality goes over the heads of some of us wannabes. However, your pick up of Pesonen could very well be the best pick of that round. I had totally missed him for some reason ... not even on my list. LOL. Same for Salmela. A complete unknown to me.

I did know about Hornqvist though, and I think he has some great potential to be in a prime scoring role in Nashville, now that Rads is gone. He was one guy I definitely considered snapping up.

So ... you can tell Red he has a sharp hockey mind. I'm certainly looking forward to the challenge of competing against you guys!!! albino

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 20:11

Just voted for Matt. Cute little guy.

Greg

Thanks for the pity vote, Gregger.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty04.09.08 22:45

BOOM OR BUST is the theory! We had some prospects in recent times in the other pool.

Jimmy Howard
Steve Downey
G. Latendress

in the past two years. Gotta explode out of the gate, cause after 26 games they have to move up to keeper status... of course I wish we had Filatov, Stamkos... a few guys like that, that may explode to keeper status this year. Big step going from prospect to keeper inside of a few games!

Over the years, it seems to me on this theory I would have drafted such glory seekers as Olesz, Cory Murphy, Grigorenko, Korolyuk, Tuomo Ruutu, Toivonen, Nittymaki... not much bang for the buck on the BOOM or BUST theory either!

We really don't know anything about Salmela other than he led the Finnish league in goals from the blueline. IF HE MAKES NEW JERSERY this year, I'm wondering for 30 points... not enough for a keeper! Oh well. Gotta take some chances!

You guys took some fellows we don't know much about too! Got em in the headlights now though! Nose to the wheel, we're watching some boys out there with interest. Four or five in particular!

SCOOP n RED
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty05.09.08 3:35

Hey Scoop,

Your absolutely right ... there aren't too many guys who can make the jump from prospect to keeper status in one year. I guess you might say it's a debut of sorts. Can they show you enough good stuff to make you mant to keep them, even if they aren't producing like a top liner yet.

Obviously, the lower place teams have an advantage here, cause they have more keeper slots, which is one of the reasons this league is gonna stay uber competative year after year. Even for savvy GMs, I think it's going to be a really hard thing to repeat.

Of your picks Scoop, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Pesonen and Hornqvist do this year. They are true sleeper picks.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty05.09.08 23:27

well drafted scoopnred.... u got my vote for Hornqvist in the 5th cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty06.09.08 11:49

Cunner,

Thanks for the vote! I'll tell RED. He's off at the fair! I'll tell him when he gets back! (2 blocks to the Fair). He's coming home before the sheep show. Says he doesn't want to watch a bunch of Hill Billy's around the sheep.

SCOOP n RED

Wondering if we could put our on line name on this chart. I find it confusing associating a personal name, team name and then an on line name.

1. Keegan (The Omnipresence)
2. Greg (Slow Train)
3. Butch (Schumacher Cubs)
4. Richard (Motley Crue)
5. Razor (Mr. Jonium's Rink Rats)
6. Mike (Vandelay Industries)
7. Scoop & Red (Arthur Tigers) scoopNred jt.mckee@sympatico.ca 519-848-1112 Cell 519-831-7623
8. Jay (Montreal Maroons)
9. Brandon (Soo Storm)
10. Matt (Fitzsy Stars)

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty06.09.08 15:42

Hi Scoop,

I've posted a new thread under the "Contact Information" section that shows the connection between GMs and their team names.

The message you posted here can only be edited by you, which would make it impossible for everyone else to add their contact information.

Good idea, though.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty06.09.08 21:31

Thank you very much!

SCOOP n RED
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty09.09.08 17:21

Hello All,
Thanks to whomever for the vote of confidence in my team. I am pretty happy with it. I decided to go goalie heavy and I hope that Howard qualifies as a prospect for the start of next season that way I have my stud goalie pick out of the way. Beyond that Stamkos was almost a no brainer, Halak will see a fair touch of action & I am kind of hoping Bogosian pulls an Enstrom both in stats and maybe as a powerplay partner. I recall last year being really amazed by the production of Enstrom and well I think he will not be as strong this year, Bogosian certainly has the talent.
Beyond my team I ended up voting for Greg in that I think he has 3 talented forwards who will all see top 6 minutes on their team.
I think the biggest wildcard of the bunch (aside from the Finnished Arthur Tigers) is Mike's team. He is dancing with some very talented Russians in Filatov and Cherapanov. If both stick, Mike will be laughing.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty09.09.08 20:20

I say we stop the love fest and start saying who everyone things has the worst team, AND NO VOTING FOR EACHOTHER Twisted Evil
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty09.09.08 23:03

Ok, personally I think Jay's team sucks ass. Everyone else's team is pretty good though. Twisted Evil
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty10.09.08 1:09

pig
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?   Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team? Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Which GM has ended up with the best Farm Team?
Seite 1 von 1