Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Early Start this Week

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Early Start this Week Empty
BeitragThema: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 16:06

Anyone else get tripped up?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 16:20

Yes, I didn't trade for Campbell so he could ride the bench
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 16:23

Actually, looking at the trade processing time, I wouldn't have had much of a window to dress
Campbell. I'm asking that he be slotted into the lineup intend of gonchar
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 17:17

I'm not sure if we can do that, can we Greg? Does ESPN allow that?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 18:14

Espn does have the ability; I've used it in my league a few times when there were errors.

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 20:46

I guess the next question is whether we should. I'll have a talk with Greg and see what he has to say. I understand the reasoning of your request, but it's not something we've ever done in any situation before, and as you know, there have been similar circumstances. I know that I've had this sort of thing happen when a trade hasn't quite gone through in time.

In any case, it may be the kind of thing we need to vote on during the offseason.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 20:57

Understandable, its just that in this situation the trade was made in anticipation of having him in my lineup; Suter is out with an injury, and gonchar is dtd. The trade was done before the deadline, and techincally should have been approved before the rosters locked. I dont think that Greg should be glued to the computer, but the trade should of went through right away. I'm not asking for any other lineup swaps, only the one in which I had not had an opportunity to adjust

There is an option in espn to allow the trades to go through right away, it would have prevented this problem, and seeing as how we don't have vetos I don't see why we should have it approved and wait when something like this can happen.

At the end of the day its not a big deal and if for some reason you guys don't allow it to happen, so be it. I just don't think I should be punished for a late approval of the trade especially when I followed suit with all the previously established rules. I just don't think the request is something that would be unfathomable considering the circumstances

Please keep me posted
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty21.02.11 21:02

OK, will do. I do understand your point, but the deciding factor here might be that others who've found themselves in a similar situation (myself included) have had to abide by ESPN's self-imposed deadline. I seem to recall that last year one such situation caused me to lose one match-up, thereby pushing me down to third place instead of second had I won the match-up.

Perhaps I would have complained about it had I known it was an option. LOL.

In any case, it's more likely we will vote on it and possibly change the precident over the summer. For one thing, we need to sort out once and for all the weekly deadline for allowing trades to get pushed through. However, as you know, I stand with you 100% on not allowing vetos.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty22.02.11 11:46

I think this was the exact reason why having such a late trade deadline is a bad idea.

I saw the early games and was on top of setting my lineup before those games started.

How much time was there between when this Campbell trade was made and when the first games on Monday started?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty22.02.11 11:53

I'm not certain how the time zones are setup on ESPN, but it says 9:38AM for the trade being processed and the game started at 1pm EST. I am guessing that ESPN is likely set to my local settings which would mean it was 9:38MST, which is 11:38EST, so there was just over an hour to actually set his rosters with the correct players.

I think letting him include Campbell makes some good sense here to be honest - and that's coming from the guy who is matched up against him this week, and who also set his roster the night before.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty22.02.11 15:24

Thanks Joel. I appriciate the input Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty22.02.11 15:37

I've spoken with Greg about it, and there was actually about 3.5 hours from when he pushed the trade through to when the games started.

Regardless of how long there was, however, what was the deciding factor for us is that several other people got caught by the early start this week. Greg ended up with Halak in his starting line-up (instead of Anderson), I ended up with Green on my starting roster (instead of an uninjured D Man).

Most importantly, John (Jay's biggest rival) ended up with Wisniewski on his bench instead of in his starting line-up because of the same miscue. We just feel, considering there is no precedent for over-riding ESPN weekly deadlines at any time in the past, that we can't do so this time. It would be unfair to John, who is struggling to catch Jay in the standings.

This is a problem we'll have to sort out in the off-season, but for now we are going to leave things as they are.

Sorry Jay. It was not an easy decision to come to, but it seemed the fairest thing to do for everyone involved.

And you will have Campbell for your playoff run, so he should certainly still be of some use when you face the Fitzsy Stars. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Early Start this Week   Early Start this Week Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Early Start this Week
Seite 1 von 1