Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Phase Two: Trade Review Period

Nach unten 
+2
Soo Storm
Desolation Row
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty
BeitragThema: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 8:19

Trade Rules: Trade Review Period

Well, this has been a problem in our league at times and I would like to have it finally resolved this off season. We have, in our fine league, been pushing through trades rather than waiting the two days which is our current Trade Review Period. Normally, it is not a problem but we saw last year that it has the potential to get ugly. If memory serves, Jay was highly irritated last season when he made a trade just prior to R1 and neither Matt nor myself was around to push it through.

ESPN has four Trade Review Period options for us. 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, or instantaneous. We need to choose one of these and stick to it. Absolutely no more pushing through of trades. It is just too messy and could too easily be the cause of unnecessary friction.

I would keep the 48 hour Trade Review Period and I would let ESPN do the work. That means, if two GMs make a deal then they need to be aware of this Review Period. If the deal is done too late to put the players in for the following week, then so be it. The trade will not be pushed through.

Veto's have been discussed rather heatedly in the past. Thus far there has not been one trade that I would have vetoed and we have had over 100 trades. Still, I like the idea of having a voice should a trade come through that was questionable. I don't expect it to happen quite honestly but I like the idea of being able to cast my vote. We currently have the votes required to veto a trade at 6. I would suggest upping it to 7 and allowing GMs the 48 hours to have their say. As I said, there has been thus far not a single trade that I would have vetoed. It is simply that I think it is healthy that GMs have a chance to have some input.

In a nice little tidy summary:

I propose that we stick with the 48 hour Trade Review Period and that we allow ESPN to do the work. No more pushing through of trades. Ever. I also propose that during the 48 hours we allow GMs to cast their vote either for or against the trade. It would take a very ugly trade to see a veto. To reach a veto, 7 of the 8 GMs not involved in the trade would need to be uncomfortable with the deal. Highly unlikely. The process is nevertheless healthy in my opinion as it would give everyone a chance to have their say and that is important in my opinion.

Look forward to getting things going here on this topic. Once again, I believe Matt does not come back until later this week, but I think we can nevertheless get the topic going and he can get involved once his jet lag subsides.

Yours humbly and hungrily

Desolation Row
Nutbars du Canucks 2012 League Champion

Zuletzt von Desolation Row am 09.08.11 0:51 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 8:46

i like the 48hrs we currently have and i think we should just keep it at 6 vetos. thats 6 of 8 other gms not invloved in the trade vetoing it.

howeverr im fine with whateves

Soo Storm
Nutbars du Canucks 2025 Leaguee Champion
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 9:45

Hmmm. In light of Greg/Matt's experience on this topic (and time considering this topic) I will concur with their thoughts and feelings towards the future. It would take something VERY radical before I would object. My bigger concern might be the removal of a manager that can't make trades that are of relative value. We do not have one of those in this league.

Therefore, I support the 48 hour, with ESPN doing the work. Pushing through, makes little sense, in light of knowing that we have options of setting it up differently.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 14:29

the reason i say 6 instead of 7 is say two gms don't check the site in the 48 hour period then it is impossible to veto a trade.
Nach oben Nach unten
Northern Elites

Northern Elites

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 17.09.10

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 16:00

I say instaneuous

If two owners want to make a trade then they should have all the power to do it. I dont think anybody should have the option to deem someones trade unfair, if the two owners actually doing the trade agreed to it. We all pay money to have our own teams and be the GMs of them.

Unless there is somebody that plans to deliberately sabotage there team and the league by making a ridiculous trade (which i dont see happening) then any trade should be allowed.

i will be happy regardless of the outcome but my vote is for Instantenous!
Nach oben Nach unten
Juggernauts

Juggernauts

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 28.04.10

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty23.06.11 19:47

my vote is for 6 of 8 to veto and 48 hours review time.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty10.07.11 20:52

I don't mind the 48 hour waiting period, and to let ESPN do the work of pushing through trades. No problem there, as long as everybody knows what to expect. Allowing ESPN to do the work clears up any discrepancies that might occur with different lengths of time.

As for voting, I see no reason to allow voting if there are not going to be vetos. And I think the core group that has been here for several years has already discussed vetos and agreed they create more problems than they solve. The only reason Greg and I might have to step in to question a trade (and perhaps ask for a league vote) is if we suspect collusion between GMs or if we suspect one GM is trying to sabotage his team for some reason. Considering our track record and the quality and honesty of our members, I don't see that being a problem.

Those are my thoughts...
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty20.07.11 3:03

Another Summary:

48 hour ESPN driven Trade Review Period with 6 vetoes required to overturn a trade.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Phase Two: Trade Review Period   Phase Two:  Trade Review Period Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Phase Two: Trade Review Period
Seite 1 von 1