Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Trade Review Period

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460
Registration date : 21.08.08

Trade Review Period Empty
BeitragThema: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty02.10.09 17:51

Just a reminder to all of you that the Trade Review Period is 48 hours. Last year on a few occasions I was asked to push a trade through a bit earlier (in cases where there were no objections to the trade), and I am wondering if that could be potentially problematic. Perhaps it would be best, in the interest of consistency, to allow the trades to flow 'naturally' rather than pushing them through.

Let me know how you feel about that.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty03.10.09 2:07

if there is no need to vote on a trade then the trade should go through, a quick view from the commish as he processes it should be fair enough. If he sees any problems he takes it to the league. Once processed if anyone feels that the trade is vote worthy they take it up with the league and present their argument as to why.

Should a commish be involved in the trade, then the other commish pushes it through. Should both be pushed through then one member acts as a delegate to push it through. I say do away with the waiting period and should a problem arise we deal with it. I haven't seen one veto worthy trade (or anything that comes close to it) so why bother having it?
Nach oben Nach unten
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty03.10.09 4:07

jay im glad you feel the same way as i do before i post this.

also i would like to note that basically all trades got pushed through so far, and a very small % didn't last year (and it was at the beginning of the year).

weve had 60 trades in this league, and i don't think that any are veto worthy, but that is only one GM, me, and i was also involved in half of them so i may have a biased opinion.

im down with having the trades go through naturally (i.e. 48 hours) if that is what the league wants. but from what i recall is we went over this at some point last year and we decided on not having that rule in affect since we all seemed involved in the league and are working for the best interest of our teams.

but i also understand if ppl are sayin a trade is unfair, which from what i understand is what a manger or two feel about the last trade i made with matt. unfortunately i don't know which side they thought were gettin more out of the trade, but once again im involved and have a skewed opinion because of that fact.

i have to make a case for my thoughts here; i made the last two deals thinking i was getting emery in the 1st week of the season, if not the second week at the latest because most trades have been put through when a comish is online. now if we wait the 48 hours for each trade, that means i don't get emery until the 3rd week, which actually is a bad week matchup for they flyers (they play one game), and i won't end up playing him until the 4th week, thats a pretty decent portion of the season already to miss for a guy i expected to start week number 1

* note emery got a SO tonight which i could have used lol, but that is just sour grapes Smile

anyways if this goes down, i got to argue the point that the emery trade has been up for the last day on our site to be protested, so my question is, does that cut into the 48 hour period?? or does it not become 100% official until it is done on the league site, which means he won't become a member of the Storm until week 3.

long story short im fine w/ what the group comes up with, but it would have been nice to know the exact rules before i made some deals that i thought would be put through by week 1, if not week 2 at the latest.

once again i don't want to start shit here, just want to get my thoughts across to the rest of the group
Nach oben Nach unten
Desolation Row
Admin
Desolation Row

Number of posts : 3460

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty03.10.09 9:18

The other trade has gone through now, so you guys can go ahead and move with the connecting deal. Under the circumstances, I see no reason why we can't push it through so that the players will be available for next week. With 48 hours delay though, there is actually still time for it to go through naturally actually without any 'lubricating' from Matt or I.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://gkcandjlt.blogspot.com/
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty04.10.09 3:17

I tend to agree with Jay and Brandon here. We've already discussed this on our forum with everyone offering their input. Last year the trades were processed quickly and I see no reason to wait this year.

As Jay said, there is nothing that has happened in this league that is even close to veto worthy. I regularly read threads on the Dobber forum where people discuss this issue and it seems the fantasy hockey community at large tends to mirror the way our league handles things. I can think of only one recent instance on the Dobber forum where some veteran poolies suggested talking to a pair of GMs (in another league) that had agreed to a truly horrible trade:

Bertuzzi, Theodore

for

Semin, Parise

And even then some of them said that if the GMs could legitimately explain why they made the trade, that the commish should consider putting it through. Or at least holding a vote. I think this sort of thing is very rare in fantasy hockey, and the fact that we are all involved in the league suggests our experience level wouldn't ever result in a trade THAT bad for one party.

For the record , I contacted Shoeless at the Dobber forum about the recent Brodeur trade just to get an experienced and independant point of view on this issue. This is what he said regarding trading in general (taken from the Dobber handbook):

"4.1 Trading Players

GMs may trade any player(s) on their roster to any other GM. It is completely their business as to the values they place on players, how many players are in the deal, etc.

The Yahoo trading mechanism will be used for all trade transactions. If you have questions about how it works – contact the Commissioner or ask in league chat.
There is no trade review process involving other GM’s. The Commissioner will look at trades that have been processed only to determine if there is a suspicion of collusion. Finding none, the trade will proceed unimpeded. If there is a suspicion of collusion (very, very rare occurrence), then a conversation between the Commissioner and the trading GM’s will commence to determine if in fact the trade was collusive.

Collusion is cheating and won’t be tolerated.

Bad trades happen – they aren’t collusive. GM’s are going to be allowed to manage their teams without interference from the Commissioner or other GM’s. No debate, no snide comments or poisoned messages – period!! Good sportsmanship is a value we hold highly in Dobberhockey Leagues.

The rule of thumb for judging trades is “Each GM must be making a bona fide attempt to improve their team”. That’s by their standard – not anyone else’s."
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty04.10.09 10:18

Exactly!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty04.10.09 13:04

lol, I just realized that its very rare for Matt and I agree on a topic from the get go. I'm usually the stick in the mud and pain in the ass Very Happy

Feels weird.... Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty04.10.09 21:14

I will admit my part in holding up the trade process as I have not had time to be at the computer. I volunteered over 20 hours on top of my 40 hour work week last week (at least) and this is a trend that will continue (though hopefully not with those types of hours involved).
My lack of free time was my main concern with staying on with this league and I really don't want my lack of free time to be affecting the trading process or Brandon's team.

I echo the statement that trades should not need to be reviewed by the league unless there is serious worry of collusion involved. I don't see that happening in this league.
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty05.10.09 3:21

hippy_oiler_fan schrieb:
I will admit my part in holding up the trade process as I have not had time to be at the computer. I volunteered over 20 hours on top of my 40 hour work week last week (at least) and this is a trend that will continue (though hopefully not with those types of hours involved).
My lack of free time was my main concern with staying on with this league and I really don't want my lack of free time to be affecting the trading process or Brandon's team.

I echo the statement that trades should not need to be reviewed by the league unless there is serious worry of collusion involved. I don't see that happening in this league.

No need to feel bad about it Keegan. We are glad to have you as part of this league, even if you're not as addicted as some of us. LOL.

Bottom line: you weren't holding up the trade process unnecessarily ... so no need to feel bad about anything!

Hope the volunteer work at the radio station went well for you Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Soo Storm

Soo Storm

Number of posts : 2001
Registration date : 27.08.08

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty05.10.09 10:07

yah i wasn't talking about an individual gm holding anything up, just the time period between the final acceptance on the espn site and when the trade is put through.

alll is good Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Trade Review Period   Trade Review Period Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Trade Review Period
Seite 1 von 1