Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

NUTBARS DU CANUCKS KEEPER LEAGUE FORUM

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

One Week Away

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

Number of posts : 3613
Registration date : 21.08.08

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty14.09.08 12:11

Well boys, we are one week away from THE DAY!

Not sure about all of you, but I am pretty damn excited!!! flower

Just wondering if any of you want to share your drafting rituals with the gang. For me, I always go down to our local Mac's Milk store a stock up on a bag of Mrs. Vickie's Lime and Black Pepper potatoe chips and a slurpee before a draft. The lime and black pepper helps to mask the bad taste in my after when I make picks like Pavol Demitra in the sixth round (two years ago), or Dan Boyle and Patrice Bergeron in the top eight (last year). Mind you, who knew Boyle and Bergeron were going to have their little accidents, so I guess I can't blame those choices on me.

At least the slurpee helped to dull the pain in my cerebral cortex.... lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.summitstudios.biz
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty14.09.08 13:05

pre draft nap / meal

chicken parm , just like ray ferraro

and most def crack open a brew by round 5
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Number of posts : 1375
Registration date : 27.08.08

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty14.09.08 23:19

AAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH

RAY FERRARO. I had that SOB. Picked him up on a waiver. Sat on him for a bit. Got to the trade deadline. A buddy was bugging me for him. He wanted him for a fourth. He was my seventh centre and we use three. Ferraro was coming off a mess like this.

1997-98 Los Angeles Kings NHL 40 6 9 15 42
1998-99 Los Angeles Kings NHL 65 13 18 31 59
1999-00 Atlanta Thrashers NHL 81 19 25 44 88

We couldn't agree. After the 5th beer, I swung him out the door. Grant's 3rd in '00 for Ferraro & my 3rd in '00.

Remember he's coming off a stretch of 15, 31 & has 30ish points as we're going down the stretch. No chance I'll use him. I figure I'm moving up a spot or two in the draft.

DONALD AUDETTE arrives in town and FERRARO THRASHES UP A BIG STORM!

2000-01 Atlanta Thrashers NHL 81 29 47 76 91
2001-02 Atlanta Thrashers NHL 61 8 19 27 66
2001-02 St. Louis Blues NHL 15 6 4 10 8

Sure would have been handy to have for another season!!!

The pre-draft procedure... Study every night in bed before I go to sleep (the wife works midnights - says she works at the factory down the street, but we never get invited to the company Christmas party. She's always dressed in high heels & fishnet stockings when she leaves for work. They pay cash. Weird.)... Five sheets of paper and a fleet of pencils (those quill pens aren't worth a shit)... RED stands back with the bull whip as I prepare to draft... mop up afterwards always sucks...

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty14.09.08 23:22

Okay. We're drafting and everything is going along great. My computer crashes. Can we call in our pick?

SCOOP n RED
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 0:32

Hey Scoop,

Unfortunately if your computer crashes you can't call in the pick. This is because your computer will be directly linked to your pick, and nobody else can make that pick for you.

Just make sure your computer doesn't crash!!! afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 12:05

My pre-draft routine is to put it insides Jessica Simpsons, then do Carmen Electrika hard and sloppy the Johnny Gan way.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 12:30

I've had my computer crash during a draft, and on a seperate occasion my internet crash.

Just reboot the computer and you'll be ok. AND, thats why it is always important to adjust your pre-ranking list as the draft goes on, you never know what can happen. You could be drafting, then all of a sudden a zombie horde makes its way into your town, and while you are torn from saving loved ones, or using your draft choice to select Jose Theodore, you should save your loved ones, all the awhile having peace of mind that you'll be able to let ESPN use your pre-ranking.
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 12:35

Razor,

Charlize is very understanding. You've got a lot of energy for an old boy or some great meds!

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 13:15

Hey Jay,

Or you could just buy a Mac.... Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Ice Dawgs

Ice Dawgs

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 26.08.08

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 15:40

scoopNred schrieb:
Razor,

Charlize is very understanding. You've got a lot of energy for an old boy or some great meds!

SCOOP

Notice I never mentioned any time frame in my post.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 19:20

new fridge/stove/dryer delivered thursday

I only care about keeping the beers cold atm

remember , round 5 you will hear the distinct sound of a beer can opening afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty15.09.08 19:22

Are you planning to share those brewskis, hoss?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty16.09.08 13:45

fitzsystars schrieb:
Are you planning to share those brewskis, hoss?

1 per gm afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty16.09.08 14:45

Jeez. Free beer. I perfected the art of drinking five years ago. So I retired. Now everywhere I turn there's free beer. It sucks having your Phd in beer drinking.

Regarding not drinking. Stupidest question ever by the Hillbilly bar wench down at Upchuck Snorris', "How do you drink all that pop?" This after having two glasses of pop in two hours, while my buddies each had 4 or 6 pints. I told her, same way as you eat an elephant, one bite or sip at a time. Then she wanted to know what the fuck an elephant was... the conversation got ugly from there. Hillbilly chicks & elephants wouldn't mix, trust me.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty16.09.08 15:36

lol, wtf? What are you even doing in that place?! Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty16.09.08 15:45

The other bar in town is a dive compared to Upchucks.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 9:39

is everyone aware of the seperate espn league that was set up for our 25 round draft ?

couldnt help but notice that there wasnt 10 guys registered there and perhaps an oddball name or two i didnt recognize

also , probably wouldnt be a bad idea for everyone to print off the prospects chosen in our 5 man draft a few weeks ago --this way , you wont make the mistake of picking them in the 25 man draft
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 12:35

I was thinking about that. I have a feeling someone will grab a prospect that is already chosen. God I hope that isn't gonna happen, and I hope even more that it won't be me by accident, lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 12:54

no beers for you then in round 5 jay
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 13:19

Hey Everyone,

Everybody except Mike has registered for the separate 25 round draft league. He may have deleted the link Greg sent him, not realizing its importance. Did you do that Mike?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you may have missed the explanation while you were away. Basically with the limitations of ESPN we're forced to do the 25 round draft inside a mock league, and then I will enter all the team information into our real league manually. So ... if you've deleted the invitation Greg sent you a couple weeks ago, Greg will need to send you another invitation when he returns.

I also like Butch's idea of everybody printing off a list of prospects, just to make sure nobody chooses a prospect that is already taken. If they do, it will be their responsibility to replace that player at the end of the draft with whoever is left over. So it is definitely in everybody's beest interest NOT to pick a player that's already been chosen.

I'll try to type up a list of the prospects and email it to everyone in the next day or two. Should be easy to print off for reference.

We'll also have to discuss the technique for chosing prospects that have not been added to ESPN's database yet. There is one guy I may want to nab, and I know he hasn't been listed with ESPN yet. Perhaps when the time comes to choose that player, I can choose a placeholder (somebody like Derick Boogard) and mention online who this player is supposed to represent. Anybody else who wants to pick an unlisted prospect should use a placeholder that nobody else would want to pick (a fourth line guy), and then let everyone know when they choose that player who he actually represents.

Does that sound like a good option?

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 13:32

another question then

since many of our prospects may actually play in the nhl this season ; will we be able to draft other prospects in the 25 man dft to supplant someone listed as one of our current prospects ?

i.e --okposo is a lock to make the isles -therfore I'll be using him --therfore , I may be inclined to draft a dark horse prospect in the later rounds to replenish my farm spot vacated by the departing okposo/brunnstrom or what have you

if you anticpate players not being in espn database being available for us to draft then I'd suggest naming at least 30 or so players that can be used as placeholders because derek boogard will not be allowed to be chosen twice

60 seconds may not be enough time to express what your doing in the espn chat room provided in the chat

i.e --I'm dfting boogard but he represents PLAYER X who isnt in espn d'base etc....so we better be quick if we're planning on making a move during the draft .
Nach oben Nach unten
Fitzsy Stars

Fitzsy Stars

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 14:09

Good idea, Butch. I will formulate a list of 20 placeholders (2 each) that can be used by GMs during the draft. That way they know which placeholders they'll be using (if they so choose) beforehand, and they can indicate who that placeholder represents online after they choose the placeholder during the draft.

As to your question about picking prospects, there's both advantages to picking extra prospects and disadvantages:

The main ADVANTAGE to picking more prospects over players who are already playing is that if some of the prospects on your farm team (such as Okposo) play more than 25 games this year, you'll have to drop him from the farm next summer. For this reason some teams may only be able to carry forward 3 or 4 prospects.

Of course, GMs can carry forward as many as five prospects for next year, so by picking extra prospects at the end of our draft this weekend (or in the Janaury supplemental draft), you can top up your farm team to five potential carry forwards.

The main DISADVANTAGE to picking more prospects over active players is that you'll be wasting bench positions on players who won't get you any points. For example, if you choose to pick a prospect with your 25th pick in this year's draft instead of somebody like Ryan Callahan, you'll be cheating yourself of the points a guy like Callahan might bring your team NOW, in return for anticipated future points.

So you're basically trading in current year's production for possible future production. For that reason, I'm assuming nobody would want to pick more than a couple of extra prospects in the draft.

Is that fair to say?

If anybody thinks they want to pick more than two extra prospects in this weekend's draft, let me know and I will find extra placeholders for you.

Cheers,
Matt
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 16:00

We could use previously picked prospects as the placeholders, thus insuring that they do not get picked accidentally by anyone...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 18:26

i guess i should be checking this forum (and my email) more regularly... Anyways accepted invite the the mock draft league..
Talk to u all soon

Cheers,
Mike
Nach oben Nach unten
Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

Arthur Tigers SCOOPnRED

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty17.09.08 23:21

Are there not mild concerns in regards to selecting players not on the ESPN data base? For example Ovechkin missed by a day being eligible one year previously in the NHL draft. Monitoring could become a job? Are there players in the NHL, that are NHL property or that were drafted that are not on the ESPN data base? Would a player, such as Alexei Morozov who was once a Pittsburgh Penguin be eligible to be drafted? I've been working hard prepping for the draft, but I have not done a good job in prepping at ESPN.

SCOOP
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

One Week Away Empty
BeitragThema: Re: One Week Away   One Week Away Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

One Week Away
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter